Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES, brought to you by Absorbine Jr (Read 40 times)

LRB

"This fast absorbing pain relieving Liniment is an effective treatment for the temporary relief of muscle aches, pains, strains, backache, arthritis and is favored by hobby joggers everywhere"

LRB

What up doe!

Do they even make that stuff anymore?  Back then they used rubbing alcohol for everything while these days we drink the alcohol and take narcotics.  lol

Anyhoo, I am heading out for a jog here in a bit.  It is currently 40 degrees which means a cold ass first mile, brr.

See ya!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I am probably too young to remember that stuff.

Rocky and I just finished 4.2 miles, I am definitely feeling more recovered this morning than yesterday and Tuesday's runs so that is a great sign.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

delicate flower

What it do yo!  Ok, now here me out:  I blew off my run this morning in order to get some sleep, but really it was more a case of laziness.  Now normally when I plan a morning and run and blow it off, I get out of bed anyway and head to work.  But something clicked in my head in the middle of the night last night, and I figured since I had already put that time aside for running, I'd use that time for sleeping instead.  So, instead of getting up at 5:00 and running, I slept until 6:00.  I arrived at work right when I had planned to all along.  Now I sit here at my office desk, feeling well rested and uppity.  Amazing what an extra 90 minutes of sleep can do for you (I went to bed early last night too).  I know I tell some pretty cool stories, and I confident this was a cool one too, bro.

Half marathon packet pickup today, and I'll browse the expo for some running related treasures.  Then I've got that 5 mile run to tend to.  There is football on tonight, people.  Plan your day accordingly.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have an SRD, so Pilates and a massage today.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Mmmmm...beer

What up buttercups?

An as yet undetermined number of miles to be run on the dreadmill starting within the hour, most likely 10-12.  Rinse and repeat later today.

I had zero sleep last night, my brain would not shut down, I laid in my rack for seven hours with my eyes closed trying to sleep and was wholly unsuccessful.  I am running 100% on caffeine at the moment.  Should be an interesting day.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

delicate flower

I had zero sleep last night, my brain would not shut down, I laid in my rack for seven hours with my eyes closed trying to sleep and was wholly unsuccessful. 

What's wrong, little fella?

<3

happylily

Morning! I have 7 at recovery tonight. My 4 day weekend starts tomorrow and I will run my mid-med-long run then. I hope someone will volunteer to cook me a turkey, because I feel a craving coming upon me. Turkey and cranberry sauce, mmm....

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Mmmmm...beer

What's wrong, little fella?

It's commonly referred to as "channel fever", pretty typical after spending some time underway and then a day or so before pulling back in you're usually too excited about going home to be able to sleep.  Being on the ship does weird things to you. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

delicate flower

It's commonly referred to as "channel fever", pretty typical after spending some time underway and then a day or so before pulling back in you're usually too excited about going home to be able to sleep.  Being on the ship does weird things to you. Smile

Oh.  I've got a fever too, and the only prescription is more cowbell.

<3

What it do yo!  Ok, now here me out:  I blew off my run this morning in order to get some sleep, but really it was more a case of laziness.  Now normally when I plan a morning and run and blow it off, I get out of bed anyway and head to work.  But something clicked in my head in the middle of the night last night, and I figured since I had already put that time aside for running, I'd use that time for sleeping instead.  So, instead of getting up at 5:00 and running, I slept until 6:00.  I arrived at work right when I had planned to all along.  Now I sit here at my office desk, feeling well rested and uppity.  Amazing what an extra 90 minutes of sleep can do for you (I went to bed early last night too).  I know I tell some pretty cool stories, and I confident this was a cool one too, bro.

Possibly even the coolest story ever, bro. Where do you keep coming up with these?

I actually slept quite nicely last night, probably a solid 7, strongly aided by only sleeping about 3 the night before.

Anyway: 14 with 10 at GMP. My last serious workout, so I kind of hoped to make it a good one. Failed at that. A lot of trouble dialing in GMP - 4 of my first 6 were >GMP, my body kept steering me towards 5-10 sec over. Seriously questioning my goals. Ugh.

Dave

Zelanie

DaveP- Unlike me, you have miles and experience under your belt.  Unlike me, you will be fine. Smile

SRD #4 for me.  I decided that "Wrecking Ball" is the theme song for my marathon.

I came in like a wrecking ball
                          I never hit so hard in love
                          All I wanted was to break your walls
                          All you ever did was wreck me

Yeah, I just closed my eyes and swung
                          Left me crashing in a blazing fall
                          Yeah, you, you wreck me

LRB

I should have been paid for reading that.  lol

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

DaveP- Unlike me, you have miles and experience under your belt.  Unlike me, you will be fine. Smile

SRD #4 for me.  I decided that "Wrecking Ball" is the theme song for my marathon.

I never hit so hard in love
                              All I wanted was to break your walls

Yeah, I just closed my eyes and swung
                              Left me crashing in a blazing fall
                              Yeah, you, you wreck me

Lol, strangly I can see you singing that part 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

outoftheblue

5 or 6 miles with strides planned for me today.

Life is good.