WhySoEarly Saterdailies (Read 32 times)

No more marathons

Oh, yeah.  Race.

What cha got.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

No more marathons

Cup of coffee (or three), a banana, and then off to the races.

8:55 AM start.

Just looked my racing record up.  This will be my first non-senior games 10K in two years.  This same race in 2015.

Wow - didn't realize it had been that long.

Fun times.

More than 600 preregistered so might hit the 1000 mark.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

Good luck bluesky!

I ran 8.2 miles.  I hit a groove about 5 miles in, and went on autopilot. The mind and body were both so relaxed, it was nearly spiritual.  I was sad when I saw my driveway.  Sign me up for another dose of that asap.

Have a great day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

onemile

Good luck Bluesky and DaveP!

LRB

I ran 8.2 miles.  I hit a groove about 5 miles in, and went on autopilot. The mind and body were both so relaxed, it was nearly spiritual.  I was sad when I saw my driveway.  Sign me up for another dose of that asap.

Wonderful.

LRB

Just looked my racing record up.  This will be my first non-senior games 10K in two years.  This same race in 2015.

2016 was the first year I didn't run a 10k at all. They are miserable but gratifying.

LRB

It wasn't all continuous, but when added up, I slept like like a fucking baboon last night! That shit just doesn't happen for me. Ever. Cool

Anyway, it's 38 (on its way to 51) and foggy. I'm not sure if I will wear shorts or not, the thought just seems weird.

onemile

It wasn't all continuous, but when added up, I slept like like a fucking baboon last night! That shit just doesn't happen for me. Ever. Cool

Anyway, it's 38 (on its way to 51) and foggy. I'm not sure if I will wear shorts or not, the thought just seems weird.

I was thinking I would wear shorts but I'm not running til this afternoon

LRB

I was thinking I would wear shorts but I'm not running til this afternoon

By then, the decision might be a no-brainer.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

2016 was the first year I didn't run a 10k at all. They are miserable but gratifying.

I have a streak going back to 1989 of running my age or faster in minutes in a 10K.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

LRB

I have a streak going back to 1989 of running my age or faster in minutes in a 10K.

Hmm, does that get harder or easier?

delicate flower

Hello.  Coach scheduled me for a 5K today, but I am skiing instead.  Heh.

<3

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Hmm, does that get harder or easier?

Some years it was harder and I barely made it, other years I was many minutes under. Needless to say it was nearly impossible to even contemplate until I was in my 40s when I increased my training load after 4-5 years of maintenance running. The closest before that was running 36:11 when I was 35 though there was some question of the course accuracy since it wasn't certified.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

LRB

Some years it was harder and I barely made it, other years I was many minutes under. Needless to say it was nearly impossible to even contemplate until I was in my 40s when I increased my training load after 4-5 years of maintenance running. The closest before that was running 36:11 when I was 35 though there was some question of the course accuracy since it wasn't certified.

That's quite an accomplishment.

Docket_Rocket

Morning! Last night was very painful with that shot. Most painful I have been ever. But woke up feeling much better.

Took the car to the shop to finish the work but Lincoln sent the wrong part, sigh. Back home.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page