Beginners and Beyond

Sundailies stalking (Read 35 times)

delicate flower

'Morning!  I will be e-stalking a bunch of people I know doing Ironman Lake Placid today.  It is THE big Ironman event in the area every year.  I am jealous of them all.

I was looking forward to setting a 10K PR today and was very confident I was going to, but I rolled my ankle yesterday and now I can barely walk on it and it's swolled.  So, a rare injury DNS for me.  And I would have joined DW on her bike ride but I can't even pedal without pain.  God dammit.  I am officially listing myself as day-to-day.

WHAT U GOT!

<3

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Got a good night's sleep after running 31.5 miles at Montour in 11 hours counting breaks for food, time in the med area dealing with heat issues, and trying to talk myself into going out for another lap. So much rsin the that course turned into a quagmire in places and very slippery. Shortly after the halfway point for the 24 hour runners the bridge over the creek washed away. At least I didn't have to face that.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

LRB

WHAT U GOT!

I am going to jog for an hour, then have the year old stereo in my car looked at. Like anyone has time for that nonsense.

delicate flower

Got a good night's sleep after running 31.5 miles at Montour in 11 hours counting breaks for food, time in the med area dealing with heat issues, and trying to talk myself into going out for another lap. So much rsin the that course turned into a quagmire in places and very slippery. Shortly after the halfway point for the 24 hour runners the bridge over the creek washed away. At least I didn't have to face that.

Sounds rough.  Nice job, George!

<3

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 18 TM miles when I get back home this afternoon from Dunkirk.  Hubby is at the hospital working, so we can't go earlier.

Phil, sorry about the ankle.

George, nice job on the race.  Congrats!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

No more marathons

You are doing a terrible job at quitting running 

Doing better - only ran 7 this morning.  That is my long run for the week.  

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

We have had a temporary break in the weather here in the Boston area!  Low humidity and 70 degrees!  Which is a good thing, because I slept later than I meant to and didn't get started on my cutback week long run until after 8:30am.  Ran 10.25 miles, walked another 1.25 miles (which included a pit stop at Starbucks for a venti iced latte), then came home and ate pancakes.  Mmmmmm...pancakes...

bluerun

Super B****

10 miles -- you think breathing in this humidity helps with congestion the same way steam supposedly does??  Because I'm currently sitting in the airport waiting to board a flight to go diving, and diving with congested ears never ends well.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I hope this displays properly. It's a video on Montour's FB page of the bridge we had to cross taken shortly after the start of the 12-hour night race.

Montour 24 bridge

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Usually I like to eat, coffee, and lounge around a bit before a weekend run. But I had to be somewhere at 9:00, so it was either wait till after, or get out early. Opted for the latter, via the roll out of bed approach. With a predictable outcome. 15 miles, way slower than I'd like.

52 for the week.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

6.2 total, last 1.2 were the ugliest in the heat wave.

Baboon, take care of that ankle.

WCRunner, yikes, those conditions look scary. Nice race.

No more marathons

rolled my ankle yesterday and now I can barely walk on it and it's swolled.   I am officially listing myself as day-to-day.

Babs - that sux.

Really sorry to hear that.

He's a leaker!

No more marathons

George - you are really long overdue for an ultra with good weather.

He's a leaker!

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good afternoon!

I rode 64.2 early this morning.  That's a metric century for those who don't like math.  It was hot to start, and got worse after the sun came up.  I liked it anyway.

Have a great afternoon!

Runner with a riding problem.

onemile

Good afternoon!

I rode 64.2 early this morning.  That's a metric century for those who don't like math.  It was hot to start, and got worse after the sun came up.  I liked it anyway.

Have a great afternoon!

Was this your longest ride yet?

Have you thought about doing any bike races/century rides, stuff like that?