Beginners and Beyond

Shakeout Sundailies (Read 46 times)

B-Plus

Heading over to the common at 8 to shake it out with a friend who is severely jet lagged.

LRB

Sounds cool. Enjoy that B!

B+ - shake off that long flight

Morning! Back Bay is nut nut cray cray. It took me 30 minutes of wandering around to find my hotel even with Google maps. And people drive here?! Also, the sheer quantity of attractive people is amazing.

Cyberic

Pretty chilly out this morning, with a windchill at the freezing point.

Got a LR on the menu today. Going to run a little later than what I usually like: DD is starting climbing lessons today, and the parents have to be there at the beginning of the 1st lesson for some instructions and information. So I'll walk here there and attend to the reunion, dressed in running gear. As soon as it's over, off I go. Her mother has pick up duty.

Cyberic

Morning! Back Bay is nut nut cray cray. It took me 30 minutes of wandering around to find my hotel even with Google maps. And people drive here?! Also, the sheer quantity of attractive people is amazing.

Niiice!

Enjoy Boston, all of you running it tomorrow!

LRB

So I'll walk here there and attend to the reunion, dressed in running gear. As soon as it's over, off I go. Her mother has pick up duty.

That's how it's done, yo.

LRB

And of course we need bib numbers for tomorrow peeps.

From the Internet.

+1, I need to know who to look/yell for! I'll be walking over from the Back Bay station and hanging out on course somewhere near the finish line.

delicate flower

Good morning, kids!  Swim clinic and a 50 minute run on the schedule today.

<3

Apparently I still don't know where the hell I am, lol. North End, not back bay.

Bib 492, off to go pick it up.

Hip Redux

I used to live on Becaon St, by BU.  With a car.    

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Just woke up so it's too late (hot) to go out to run.  Will run 6-8 tonight.

First night with the new meds and no migraine today.  No change in my BP but I hope it starts changing that soon, or I'll have to head to the hospital, sheesh.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I got my final 10 miles in before my taper week (!!!!!!!!!!), it started out with just sprinkling but became a drizzle around the middle and then was turning into a downpour towards the end, it was 61 degrees but the rain felt great to my skin.

I've only got 4-5 miles planned Tuesday and then no plans of running Wednesday, Thursday or Friday though I might do some walking and will probably go to the gym Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

B-Plus

Like you haven't already checked 

Jay - what time you gonna be at the expo?

StepbyStep-SH

Morning, all! Sending lots of good vibes to all the Boston runners - eat stuff up today and sleep well tonight!

I'm going to make it a RD, other than PT exercises (which I didn't get to yesterday). After yesterday's "long walk," followed by a fair amount of other time on my feet, my knee was a little stiff. Not sore, just felt like there was a bit more inflammation. So I'll ice it a few times today, do my PT work, and bake cookies and muffins. Big grin

Last night I worked out an "official" return to running/rehab plan to get me to the finish line of the half in June - I hope.

Looks like this:

FWIW - I would not be doing those run/walk days back to back - I'll have a rest or cross-training day after each one.
                                Those of you who have rehabbed things like this - how does this compare? This is just my brain dumping out stuff - nothing designed by anyone who actually knows what they are doing.
                                And the goal is to cross the finish without destroying my knee - time? HAHALOLOL!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.