Beginners and Beyond

Anyone on here considering NC24 this fall? (Read 124 times)

Ms Chenandler Bong

Talked with DH and this is 99% a go for us.  I think he's considering the 12 hour race while I'm planning on the 24 hour.

Is there a NC24 thread going (is this it?) or is there one on RW?  I wanna connect and get tips/ideas from others.

Marathon and ultra marathon runner.  Sour Patch Kid addict.

aplodder

Susan

Mary, there is a FB group.  I just added you (if I did it right).

Wandering Wally

I have to check with the boss.  I'd like to come down and if nothing else help out at the aid station for awhile.

I can only imagine the conversation though:

Me:  "So, you wanna go to Cleveland for a weekend in September?"

Her:  "Cleveland?"

Me:  "Yeah, Cleveland"

Her:  "Are the Tigers playing there?"

Me:  "No, there's this race see..."

Her:  Roll eyes

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

The Facebook group was where the action was last year as far as trading training information and race prep and all the planning stuff.  It is kind of quiet right now, just because the race is so far away yet.  But don't worry - it will pick up.  Smile

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

The Facebook group was where the action was last year as far as trading training information and race prep and all the planning stuff.  It is kind of quiet right now, just because the race is so far away yet.  But don't worry - it will pick up.  Smile

It's less than 8 months away. Isn't it time to start panicking about being under trained?

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

LRS

Chasing Muses

It's less than 8 months away. Isn't it time to start panicking about being under trained?

More important than that, we need to hurry up and determine who will be bringing Pringles!

Fudge!
                LRS

Chasing Muses

Talked with DH and this is 99% a go for us.  I think he's considering the 12 hour race while I'm planning on the 24 hour.

Is there a NC24 thread going (is this it?) or is there one on RW?  I wanna connect and get tips/ideas from others.

Mary, on a serious note (and I promise this will be my last) the first thing I recommend doing is figuring out what kind of mileage you want to be able to run. If you just want to run as much as you comfortably can in the 24 hours, then you could just throw a few longer long runs (ie 24 miles instead of 20) into a good marathon plan and be able to hit ~50 miles in the time alotted. I signed up at the last minute last year with just one marathon under my belt and training for my second. NC24 landed at about Week 13 of my marathon plan and the only modification I made was to switch my first 18 mile long run to a 20 and switch my first 20 into a 24 with planned walk breaks. I did 55.1 miles and slept in my tent for 7 1/2 hours. YMMV, of course, and this year I have much loftier goals and will train accordingly. But if you just want to come out, run a bunch, and have fun, you don't really have to overthink it too much. Google "The Chuck Plan" the book should be out by now Big grin.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Fudge!

Got that covered. May have home-made Chex mix as well.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Ms Chenandler Bong

Mary, on a serious note (and I promise this will be my last) the first thing I recommend doing is figuring out what kind of mileage you want to be able to run. If you just want to run as much as you comfortably can in the 24 hours, then you could just throw a few longer long runs (ie 24 miles instead of 20) into a good marathon plan and be able to hit ~50 miles in the time alotted. I signed up at the last minute last year with just one marathon under my belt and training for my second. NC24 landed at about Week 13 of my marathon plan and the only modification I made was to switch my first 18 mile long run to a 20 and switch my first 20 into a 24 with planned walk breaks. I did 55.1 miles and slept in my tent for 7 1/2 hours. YMMV, of course, and this year I have much loftier goals and will train accordingly. But if you just want to come out, run a bunch, and have fun, you don't really have to overthink it too much. Google "The Chuck Plan" the book should be out by now Big grin.

I'm thinking 60 would be a nice number to hit.  I'll have 6 marathons, 5 in 16 months at that time.  So guess I do need to do some googling to figure that out.  I'll need to really be more focused this summer, when the heat hits, to get my runs in.  Wasn't good at that last summer.

Marathon and ultra marathon runner.  Sour Patch Kid addict.