Beginners and Beyond

More and better things to come this Monday, Penguins (Read 31 times)

Docket_Rocket

And I hope you don't expect me to list my shoes!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Dad on the run.

Hello everyone. Great Monday so far! Ready for my run this evening. Didn't get to run lastnight due to the weather and I'm having some withdrawels, lol.

Shoes - I was running in Saucony Triumphs but after getting use to my New Balance Minimus VT10s (I ran my 5k in these, fastest 5k yet!) I can't wear the Saucony anymore. They just have way to much cushion. I also on occasion run in Brooks Pure Flow and Vibram five fingers.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Mmmmm...beer

And I hope you don't expect me to list my shoes!

I don't think there's enough room on the forum. lol Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

QOTD: I have New Balance 860 V3. I switch them out every 400 miles or so, or when I see the tread is getting low. Also, I sometimes get a little hip pain when my shoes are getting too worn, so that is a signal it's time to go shopping.

fitfatboy

More cowbell!

Mornin'!

Ran a 5K yesterday afternoon.  Paced a friend of mine to a PR of 25:23.  It was only his 2nd 5K, but had 12 weeks of HM training under his belt.  Blew his old PWR out of the water by over 4 minutes.  Very cool.  We negative split every mile and he really didn't know he had it in him.

Scheduled 5 today.

QOTD:  Mizuno Inspires-Just got them last week.  Had to transition back from Saucony Guides.  Sales clerk told me that I was one of the unlucky 10% that seem to have trouble transitioning from a 12mm heel-toe drop to more minimalist shoes.  So right now they are the only ones in the rotation.  I blame marching band and all of the heel-to-toe stepping ingrained into my muscle memory.

Kristin:  Argh!  I'd have been ranting at the radio during that whole interview.

Damaris:  It would be impressive if you could list all 30 pairs from memory.

STILL HAVING FUN!!!

Tomas- I spend more on running shoes too!

Funny thing about my work shoes, is that my "go to" pair are some balck new balance 920's. I am shocked that I have not been told something yet by one of my bosses Smile

like DW says though - those running shoes last a hell of a lot longer than those ugly dress shoes.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

She probably can do that along with the colors and what skirt they look best with.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

GinnyinPA

Morning everybody.

I had fun reading all the race reports, still a few to come, I hope.

Bin - hope the sore calf eases with the recovery miles.

Damaris - nice short run for you.

Vance - hope the cold goes away soon.  Since spring is finally there, you may be feeling some effects from the change in weather and season.  I know the pollen here has been getting me.

HopesMom - hope you get your walk in between the showers.

Awood - I hope you get your run in today.  Good job on the shower though.  Home projects always end up being more time consuming than expected, and your window of time is pretty short.

Mitch - I'm sure your legs will appreciate the rest, but you must be climbing the walls a bit.

Kristin, Jerry, Tomas, Jack  - enjoy your RD.

Dave - hope your ten in the rain go well.  I'm a wimp.  I'll walk in the rain, but I'm not crazy about running in the rain, partly because I can't see (glasses get wet) and because the cars can't see me (no sidewalks or shoulders to run on.)

Zelanie - woohoo on the one mile.  Hope the two go well tomorrow.  Your week-long rest seems to have paid off.

AFM:  rainy day, so I'll do 4-6 on the TM.  I had hoped to do a long run, since I never got the chance this weekend, but it will have to wait a few days until the weather clears.

QOTD:  only one pair of shoes at a time.  Can't afford more, and besides, it's hard to find wide sizes in women's shoes.  Our local running store doesn't carry any except one minimalist type I'd never heard of, and the one in Carlisle (45 minutes away) only had three models to try on.  My old ones were Asics 2170 - no longer made, unfortunately.  New ones are Brooks Adrenalines.  I don't like them as well as the Asics as they make my toes go numb sometimes, but they fit well enough to run in.  I don't know what I'll do when replacement time comes.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I just realized I didn't fully answer the QOTT:

I have 2 pairs of Mizuno Wave Inspires that I do most of my miles in. They are diffeent colors and the way I rotate them is simple: which matches what I'm wearing. The Wave Elixirs are my new race shoes, but I have not raced in them yet. Been wearing them for one run per week til I'm used to them.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Sloooow.

Morning all! Slow going today, just can't seen to get my bum into gear.

QsOTD? I have two pairs of Glycerin 13's. I wish I could find another pair that worked as well, but cheaper! I have one for treadmill, one for outdoors.

2 miles done on the treadmill, I had some knee pain in the first few seconds and had to walk again. It got better though. I really wish I wasn't so fat! I'm about to do the first day of week 2 Ripped in 30, stalling Wink

SheCan

G'morning Penguins!  Shy

kristin--- I saw that pic you put up of you and Dave Grohl.  That was so super cool!  I swear you live the most exciting urban life-- meeting celebs, interrupting television show filming, all sorts of cool stuff this country girl never dreams of.

N-bug-- Yay@ in the 50*s this week.  Hope you keep feeling better and better.

awood-- it definitely sounds like you got some cross training work in there this weekend.  Hope you get your run in today!

HopesMom-- Good to see you!  Good luck to you on getting your walk in today.  Don't let depending on someone else to join you, sidetrack you.  I've let that happen too many times in the past.

Jblack-- I've looked at the pictures on your RR, but will read it soon.  LOL@ feeling withdrawls already.  Enjoy the downtime man!

fitfatboy-- oh I bet your friend was just loving you for that pacing.  How nice, and a good training run for yourself.

Coralie-- I think you seem so cool and sweet, and so just don't make me punch you!  You're not "so fat", you're "still getting into shape."  We've all started somewhere where we didn't want to be, and you've really had a lot of obstacles to overcome that most of us couldn't even fathom.  Anyway, have fun with Jillian!

QOTD-- have a bunch of New Balance 609s, several other NB ones, and one pair of NB trail shoes which I love.  I rotate, rotate, rotate.

I did an easy 6-1/2 today just to limber up again.  Such a pretty time of year, but i can tell it's gonna be hot soon.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

GinnyinPA

Cherie - I love spring in the desert, but you're right, once May arrives, so does the heat.  Do you still run outdoors, or do you move to the TM?

Coralie - Good going on the treadmill.  I'm glad the knee pain went away.

Fitfatboy - good job on the 5k.  Enjoy your 5M this afternoon.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Hola Penguins!  Here is the link to my Fandango Fun Run report.  This is the run in the evening where we ran along the parade route in front of thousands of people.  Lots of the runners and walkers did it in costume.  I didn't realize until I got home that I had taken about 100 photos!  So if you have not seen the report yet, enjoy all the photos.  This was one fun event!    http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/a928fde0ba1d46e885a17d711c903fe3/resume#focus

I also did a Wildflower 5K on Saturday morning that same day.  Here is the link for that one:  http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/1f2c082a2bfa42979b00ee4b1b78be13/resume#focus

Today is a rest day for me.  My legs are a tad sore. I was wondering why...and then realized that I ran Tue-Wed-Thurs, then did 2 races on Saturday, and then got up and ran Sunday morning too.  So SIX runs for the week, when I normally only run 4 times a week.  No wonder my legs are protesting, lol.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Oh, I can recite them all, I just don't want to.

Mornin'!

Ran a 5K yesterday afternoon.  Paced a friend of mine to a PR of 25:23.  It was only his 2nd 5K, but had 12 weeks of HM training under his belt.  Blew his old PWR out of the water by over 4 minutes.  Very cool.  We negative split every mile and he really didn't know he had it in him.

Scheduled 5 today.

QOTD:  Mizuno Inspires-Just got them last week.  Had to transition back from Saucony Guides.  Sales clerk told me that I was one of the unlucky 10% that seem to have trouble transitioning from a 12mm heel-toe drop to more minimalist shoes.  So right now they are the only ones in the rotation.  I blame marching band and all of the heel-to-toe stepping ingrained into my muscle memory.

Kristin:  Argh!  I'd have been ranting at the radio during that whole interview.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

This Tomas knows me well....

She probably can do that along with the colors and what skirt they look best with.

BTW, Mr. docket now owns three pairs of running shoes, Brooks Ghost 5, Defiance and Glycerin.

Damaris

Fundraising Page