Beginners and Beyond

Prairie Lights Sneak A Peek 5K RR (Read 58 times)

PADRunner

Not much to say really. It was cold at the start (40) but I warmed up pretty quick and felt pretty good. Ran a good race unofficial 34:30. Saw 1st place in 50-54 was 17 something and 4th was 22 something. Fast old guys out there!

My video of the tunnel when I ran through was too jumpy so I did it driving out. Here's the entry and tunnel video.

Zelanie

Congrats, PAD!  Glad you had a good race, and OMG those are some fast old guys out there!

Did you run through those lights?  Those moving arches must have been a serious trip to run through.  Kinda magnifies the "finish keeps getting farther away" feeling I bet.

obiebyke

Nice work, PAD! The lights are cool. I think they might make me dizzy at the end of a hard effort.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

PADRunner

Yes we did run through there and it is a trip. It's in the first mile.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Good stuff, PAD. Smile

GinnyinPA

Sounds like a fun race to run.  I love Christmas lights.

Love the Half

Holy shit that's a fast field.  Where was this and how many runners did they have?

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Nice run PAD!  Getting old doesn't make racing any easier - you still have to get out there and earn it!

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

PADRunner

Holy shit that's a fast field.  Where was this and how many runners did they have?

Full results aren't posted yet but I got a felling not everyone ran the full route.

Docket_Rocket

Great job!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Just B.S.

Good job dude!!

But dont say  we are old!  I'm not a guy but I"m half way through that AG!LOL

LRB

There is a lot that goes on behind the scenes for these type of displays, of which I have a different perspective.

I was a part of the first such display at Hines Park here in Michigan back in 1993.  Pulling thousands of feet of cables and wiring generators in knee deep snow, in the freezing wet cold.  And when there was no snow, there was miles of geese shit!  lol

The Wayne County Lightfest is now in its 20th year, and is one of the largest such displays in the Midwest.  But whenever I see or hear about it or any other, all I can think about is how miserable I was those first couple of years.

Nice race PAD!

SheCan

Not much to say really. It was cold at the start (40) but I warmed up pretty quick and felt pretty good. Ran a good race unofficial 34:30. Saw 1st place in 50-54 was 17 something and 4th was 22 something. Fast old guys out there!

My video of the tunnel when I ran through was too jumpy so I did it driving out. Here's the entry and tunnel video.

Awesome job, PAD!!!!  YOu did fantastic, even if those old guys are un-freakin-believably fast.  Glad you felt good the whole time!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

PADRunner

Overalls are posted. I was 320 of 802.

Love the Half

OK.  There was a 52 year old who came in at 17:43 but the next in the AG was at 21:21 so basically one ringer and the rest about what you'd expect.  6 people under 18:00 so, again, not out of line for a decent size 5K although I have never been in a 5K with over 800 entrants.  Wow.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).