Beginners and Beyond

Boon Appreciation/Stalker Thread (Read 56 times)

LRB

Because you don't run a marathon, after swimming and biking for 8 fucking hours, without one.

When: Sunday, August 21, 6:48 am

Tracking: Bib 2029

LRB

Good luck to Mr. and Mrs. BBB at Mont-Tremblant.

No more marathons

+1

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Docket_Rocket

+2

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

workinprogress11

+ whatever

Cyberic

Forecast for tomorrow in Tremblant:

Mainly cloudy. 60-90% chance of showers in the afternoon (depending on the source). with risks of thunderstorms. Winds becoming South 12 mph gusting to 25 at noon. High of 80 F.

delicate flower

Awwww, thanks, guys!  

Yeah, the weather is looking pretty lousy tomorrow.  At least it won't be a scorcher!  At the athlete briefing last night, they mentioned four possibilities for the race:

1)  Race as scheduled.  No changes.

2)  If the lake is foggy, the race is delayed an hour and the swim shortened to 1.2 miles.

3)  The swim is cancelled at the last minute, in which case the race starts with the bike in waves in transition 1.

4)  The swim is cancelled well in advance, and the race starts with the bike in waves at the bike starting line.

I hope it is option 1.  It won't feel like a full Ironman if I don't do 140.6 miles.

<3

onemile

Awwww, thanks, guys!  

Yeah, the weather is looking pretty lousy tomorrow.  At least it won't be a scorcher!  At the athlete briefing last night, they mentioned four possibilities for the race:

1)  Race as scheduled.  No changes.

2)  If the lake is foggy, the race is delayed an hour and the swim shortened to 1.2 miles.

3)  The swim is cancelled at the last minute, in which case the race starts with the bike in waves in transition 1.

4)  The swim is cancelled well in advance, and the race starts with the bike in waves at the bike starting line.

I hope it is option 1.  It won't feel like a full Ironman if I don't do 140.6 miles.

That sucks. I hope you get to do the whole race.

And good luck!

LRB

There is not a soul in this group who cannot relate to that. The organizers know this as well, so hopefully, it is just due diligence on their part.

Cyberic

I doubt they'll cancel the swim as I think the rain is going to start later in the day, at around noon time or so.

There is not a soul in this group who cannot relate to that. The organizers know this as well, so hopefully, it is just due diligence on their part.

Agreed. I can only imagine anything but #1 is absolute last resort. Really hope you get it - you have trained hard enough, you deserve the full amount of suffering.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

Good luck! I really hope the weather cooperates for you.

delicate flower

The forecast is now slightly less shitty.  Hooray!

6+ hours of sleep last night.  We're off to a good start.

<3

Cyberic

Go get'em!