Beginners and Beyond

Boston FE? (Read 63 times)

Hey, late notice but S.O. and I will be at The Ginger Man on State St. for some food and brew tonight around 6:30 if anyone wants to join.

Tomorrow is pretty wide open too for a possible shakeout run or Expo meet up.

LRB

Hey, late notice but S.O. and I will be at The Ginger Man on State St. for some food and brew tonight around 6:30 if anyone wants to join.

90 drafts beers on tap and poutine? Sounds like heaven for the Cyberman.

LRB

What's your idea of a shakeout run these days? I was thinking something along the lines of mortal, you know like 4 miles. lol

What's your idea of a shakeout run these days? I was thinking something along the lines of mortal, you know like 4 miles. lol

I think Jay's racing a 50k tomorrow.

But the news here is, there's an SO? Now we know why he doesn't post here anymore.

Dave

LRB

I think Jay's racing a 50k tomorrow.

Exactly!

LRB

My plan was to catch a train to the Park Street station (where the runner pickup is race day morning) to time it and get a feel for what I'll need to do Monday. Then run out Bolyston Street 2 miles, turn around, and run back.

Cyberic

Too late for me for today. Back at the apartment, fed, and beat from spending a whole day outside.

Ate a good Italian pizza in the North End. Tomorrow will be a pasta supper in the North End again. Really liked that neighborhood (Italian).

I'm not going back to the expo, that's for sure. Maybe some time in the afternoon in Boston Commons park?

Cyberic

90 drafts beers on tap and poutine? Sounds like heaven for the Cyberman.

I had a giant burrito yesterday, and paid for it (an emergency bathroom stop). So I'm avoiding beer until after the race as cereal has that effect on me also.

LRB

Too late for me for today. Back at the apartment, fed, and beat from spending a whole day outside.

Ate a good Italian pizza in the North End. Tomorrow will be a pasta supper in the North End again. Really liked that neighborhood (Italian).

I'm not going back to the expo, that's for sure. Maybe some time in the afternoon in Boston Commons park?

Dude, was there like a million sardines packed in that place or what?!

That sounds like a plan. Let me know, I'm walking distance from Park St/the Common.

Cy, you in?

My plan was to catch a train to the Park Street station (where the runner pickup is race day morning) to time it and get a feel for what I'll need to do Monday. Then run out Bolyston Street 2 miles, turn around, and run back.

LRB

That sounds like a plan. Let me know, I'm walking distance from Park St/the Common.

Cy, you in?

Morning is ideal for me. 9:30 - 10:30ish if that works.

Cyberic

Dude, was there like a million sardines packed in that place or what?!

It was nice to live such an expo, once, and not for too long. I like to have a little wiggle room around me Smile

It was nice to live such an expo, once, and not for too long. I like to have a little wiggle room around me Smile

At least you could see over the top of the crowd.

Dave

Cyberic

Morning is ideal for me. 9:30 - 10:30ish if that works.

It's a bit complicated with my choice to rent an apartment in Somerville. I'm like 30-40 minutes away from Park St/Boylston. I'd need to bring jeans/jacket and everything for after the run, or go back to the apartment. And what will the woman do in that time?

The thought of running a few miles with you two is very tempting, and I'm trying to come up with an easy scenario...

I'll get back to you later on tonight.

LRB

It's a bit complicated with my choice to rent an apartment in Somerville. I'm like 30-40 minutes away from Park St/Boylston. I'd need to bring jeans/jacket and everything for after the run, or go back to the apartment. And what will the woman do in that time?

The thought of running a few miles with you two is very tempting, and I'm trying to come up with an easy scenario...

I'll get back to you later on tonight.

Yeah no pressure man. There were runners all over the trains today in their running gear so I'm not taking any clothes to change into. At worst I'll wear two tops (depending on the temps) and take the underneath one off after the run if it's wet.