Beginners and Beyond

Countdown to Christmas TuesDailies (Read 43 times)

Less than a week to go Runners! Cant wait.

So it was weigh in day and I've been dreading stepping on the scale. Ive been eating about 10+ big homemade cookies a day along with various other things. To my surprise I lost a pound...weird...so the cookies are making me feel like an inflamed blob but they haven't put any weight on me so thats good. Theres only one way to get rid of 'em.

5mi this morning 5mi 8:45avg.  easy

I got this package from Amazon the other day. The address was my address but some name that I never heard of. I called neighbors I know to see if they knew this person. None of them did. So I called Amazon and told them I wanted to make sure it gets to the right person. They told me to keep it/ donate it/ whatever and not to worry about it. They had no interest in re-delivering to the correct person. So I opened it up and it was a toy RC truck (cheap one). Gonna put some batteries in it tonight and drive it around my house.

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

Half Crazy K 2.0

Jay, I wonder if someone was trying to send a gift to a neighbor? I had an Amazon package delivered to my neighbor up the street. I was coming back from my run yesterday as he was getting his mail, so had stopped to say hi. As I was leaving, he looked closer at his stuff and realized he had my mail. We get his sometimes. Amazon stuff is easy. Kinda awkward when you have to take mail to them for the grown kid's probation officer.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have Pilates and 6 with strides tonight. Today is our office holiday lunch and although I am wearing an ugly sweater, I will be stuck in court (by phone) on the same hearing from yesterday so i might have to miss the party for the first time in 10 years.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

oldfartrunner

Merry Christmas Jay!   Looks like Santa didn't forget you. ...I wish my scale worked like yours.

I'm thinking some V02 Max today?  I'll play it by ear.

Any of you have thoughts on the Streak LT3, TypeA8 or the Fasttwitch? Looking for a speedy flat for 5k-10k distance. The LT3 is cheap on RW right now. I liked the Lunaracer but it was too cushy for me.

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

Cyberic

Used trail shoes with added screws on my commute run this morning. Good choice. Less slippage.

About the throat. My colds very often start by the throat. That's the way it is. I don't get sick often, but not often does not mean never.

bluerun

Super B****

7 on the AlterG in my new 1400v5 -- they feel really nice!

If I manage to swim tonight instead of merely passing out with exhaustion, I should hit 100K yards for the year.  Yay?

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

About the throat. My colds very often start by the throat. That's the way it is. I don't get sick often, but not often does not mean never.

Same here. Always starts in the throat for me. Get better!

hog4life

I got 5 miles with 4x400’s, now that’s a first in a long time! I figured I didn’t need to push my luck. I don’t get sick very often, but when I do, it always starts with my sinuses, drainage that cause the sore throat. Gonna sleep for a bit and then prep the master bedroom for paint. I’ll paint it on Wednesday.

oldfartrunner

7 on the AlterG in my new 1400v5 -- they feel really nice!

If I manage to swim tonight instead of merely passing out with exhaustion, I should hit 100K yards for the year.  Yay?

Yeah, I raced my short 5K in them, and they felt really good, and lighter than listed.  I think they world work well for at least a 1/2, maybe a full for some people.

bluerun

Super B****

Yeah, I raced my short 5K in them, and they felt really good, and lighter than listed.  I think they world work well for at least a 1/2, maybe a full for some people.

I would totally run a HM in them -- not a full because I'm only running one more of those EVER, and I'm going to wear the Launch 5 Boston edition.  Which doesn't even exist yet.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

Any of you have thoughts on the Streak LT3, TypeA8 or the Fasttwitch? Looking for a speedy flat for 5k-10k distance. The LT3 is cheap on RW right now. I liked the Lunaracer but it was too cushy for me.

I bought the Fastwitch 6 but sent it back because it just felt too thin. I got to run in it at a shoe demo a few months later and ended up with a sore ankle and inner shin. It's equivalent is the DS Racer 10, which I have raced the mile to the marathon in without issue.

onemile

I bought the Fastwitch 6 but sent it back because it just felt too thin.

Me too.

zzyzx

I'd like a free present like that!

Lat pulldown, pec fly, and 30 minutes on the bike. Fastest I've been on that in ages so it's good to see a late December second wind especially because I've been plagued by "don't wannas" for a month now.

Runshortii

I’m headed to the track in a bit for some 400m repeats. They’re supposed to all be sub 1:40 and usually I’m right around 1:41-1:42 so we’ll see how this goes