Beginners and Beyond

Back to work Tuesdailies (Read 18 times)

And back to running at oh dark thirty. 7 miles.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

Rest day since I ran yesterday and am in the office today.  I may need to do what DH did and count how many work related words I say. It ain't many....

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Track work today that ended early.  The plan was 4 x 1200.  During the third one, my RP noticed I was favoring my left leg.  One lap into the 4th one, I noticed it too - it was obvious that I was dragging the leg forward through the stride rather than lifting my knee, so I cut it short.  Looks like I'm in for a bout of physical therapy.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
        10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

26 mins run stand on the mill, slowed then pace back to what it was in September and October ; followed by 20mins pool run;

in late November and first half of December i greatly increased the pace of the run/stands on the mill, which irritated stringy things in the calf, trough behind the knee and up into back of the thigh… and they’re still a bit irritated.

hmm, thinking of naming the back of the right leg ‘Mikey’… Mikey hates everything!

total rest was no help, slow runs a no go, foam rolling make it worse; this week will try small amounts of elevate pace every day

sdWhiskers

3 miles in a drizzle. I should have gotten up earlier but didn't.

Track work today that ended early.  The plan was 4 x 1200.  During the third one, my RP noticed I was favoring my left leg.  One lap into the 4th one, I noticed it too - it was obvious that I was dragging the leg forward through the stride rather than lifting my knee, so I cut it short.  Looks like I'm in for a bout of physical therapy.

Yikes. Is this something you've dealt with before? It's weird that you didn't notice yourself, or (presumably) didn't feel any pain or tighness.

Dave

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

10k today. Surprisingly outside in the rain. Thankfully it wasn't too cold. Otherwise it would have been on the tm. However my run won't upload. That's irritating.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

sdWhiskers

However my run won't upload. That's irritating.

My run from yesterday still hasn't appeared in RA. Today's did immediately.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

I think it's a Garmin issue as it hasn't even uploaded into the Garmin app.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Docket_Rocket

Afternoon! Had the massage therapist this morning. I have 6 but I'm super sore since he worked on that glute and lower back. I'll see if I run or take my other RD today.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Yikes. Is this something you've dealt with before? It's weird that you didn't notice yourself, or (presumably) didn't feel any pain or tighness.

I've had some soreness in the knee for about a month, but this is the first time I noticed it altering my stride.  Maybe I aggravated it during the 5k on Sunday?  I only felt pain when I tried to run with a proper stride, that is bringing the knee forward and up high (I evidently don't bring it up as much when running easy).  Rest day tomorrow in any case.  Doc wants me to lay off the speed work and consider reducing mileage.  I promised I'd do the first and consider the second.  Probably start PT next week.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                        10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

Docket_Rocket

I've had some soreness in the knee for about a month, but this is the first time I noticed it altering my stride.  Maybe I aggravated it during the 5k on Sunday?  I only felt pain when I tried to run with a proper stride, that is bringing the knee forward and up high (I evidently don't bring it up as much when running easy).  Rest day tomorrow in any case.  Doc wants me to lay off the speed work and consider reducing mileage.  I promised I'd do the first and consider the second.  Probably start PT next week.

I'd really wait until the PT sees you. Make sure he knows you are an athlete. If I followed my surgeon's recommendations on running, he wanted me to take off 5-8 weeks before running after my knee surgery. The PT had me running on day 20.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

'Morning.  I ran 5 miles this morning for the rain started.  Catching a flight to the Sunshine State in a few hours.

<3

sdWhiskers

My garmin 245 is just a few months old and charges just fine. However, I can't get my computer to recognize the device. I've tried 3 different laptops now with same conclusion. Just plugging the cord into the laptop (without watch attached) causes an error message on the laptop: USB device not recognized. However, it still will charge just fine connected to the laptop  Has anyone had this happen? I wouldn't care except when a run doesn't upload properly and I need to do it manually. Seemingly, there's something wrong with the cord but it's weird that it charges just fine. And yes, the contacts are all clean and fine on the watch and charging cord. Super weird.

Docket_Rocket

My garmin 245 is just a few months old and charges just fine. However, I can't get my computer to recognize the device. I've tried 3 different laptops now with same conclusion. Just plugging the cord into the laptop (without watch attached) causes an error message on the laptop: USB device not recognized. However, it still will charge just fine connected to the laptop  Has anyone had this happen? I wouldn't care except when a run doesn't upload properly and I need to do it manually. Seemingly, there's something wrong with the cord but it's weird that it charges just fine. And yes, the contacts are all clean and fine on the watch and charging cord. Super weird.

Is your computer a Mac? I could never connect my Garmins via USB on a Mac, but could on my work PC laptop.

Damaris

Fundraising Page