Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES (Read 32 times)

LRB

Good morning.

Rumor has it that temperatures in the teens will be visiting us next week. Hopefully it's a case of don't believe everything you hear because it's way too early for that nonsense.

LRB

Rest day for me. You?

No more marathons

Good morning.

Rumor has it that temperatures in the teens will be visiting us next week. Hopefully it's a case of don't believe everything you hear because it's way too early for that nonsense.

Not waiting for next week - it's 19 degrees in Asheville right now.

At noon I'll have a temp of 29 and a feels like of 19.  Layers baby, layers.

Or maybe, you know, rest day.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

20 min elliptical, 1 mile test jog.  It was 22 with the windchill in the low teens.

The only way I could convince myself to put on all the clothes necessary to get on the elliptical ( it's on my back deck), was to reward myself with a short run.  The foot felt ok, but we will see if I have any regrets as the day goes on.

I hope everyone has a kickass day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Rumor has it we missed the cold front...again.

I have 7 miles.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Morning!  Rumor has it we missed the cold front...again.

I have 7 miles.

We found it.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

delicate flower

My dear internet, why do I even attempt to run in the early morning dark?  It sucks every time.  Every.Time.  Since DW and I will be skiing all weekend, I shifted my workouts around and decided to do my 12 mile run before work today.  I got 5 miles done and quit.  Sure my legs were a little tired from the last couple of days, but this was more of a mental thing.  I just didn't want to be running.  At all.  I wasn't awake, my legs were sluggish, and my brain was checked out.  So I thought "Screw this" and I'll do the other seven miles after work.  Meh.

Other than that, it's all good in the hood!  

<3

LRB

My dear internet, why do I even attempt to run in the early morning dark?  It sucks every time.  Every.Time.  Since DW and I will be skiing all weekend, I shifted my workouts around and decided to do my 12 mile run before work today. 

Running double digit miles before work is a task for me, and requires an adjustment in my mindset. I've only done it a few times over the years and even then it is usually only 10 miles.

I know DavePRunlonganytimeanywhere has less of an issue with it, but it's hard for me to mentally wrap my head around the whole idea. 

Zelanie

No ice or snow here today, just 36 degrees and raining.  It looks like I picked a good week to not be running that much.

No ice or snow here today, just 36 degrees and raining.  It looks like I picked a good week to not be running that much.

Snowmageddon here overnight, i.e. 2-3". This morning it was 32 degrees, just enough to turn it all to slush. Seriously thought about the treadmill, but stupid. Ran 6 miles on two blocks of ice encased in wet running shoes.

Dave

Running double digit miles before work is a task for me, and requires an adjustment in my mindset. I've only done it a few times over the years and even then it is usually only 10 miles.

I know DavePRunlonganytimeanywhere has less of an issue with it, but it's hard for me to mentally wrap my head around the whole idea. 

Heh. I've been doing 10 before work once a week, and I'm not even training for everything. Just become a habit; I credit/blame Pfitz.

Dave

delicate flower

I do ok on the treadmill if I crank it up, but the outside runs are such a damn chore.  I'd blame the dark, but my early evening runs in the dark are fine.

<3

No more marathons

24 with a feels like of 18.

At least the sun is shining.

Let's see if I can get in 4 or so.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

LRB

Heh. I've been doing 10 before work once a week, and I'm not even training for everything. Just become a habit; I credit/blame Pfitz.

You took that shit to another level and was rewarded with attaining your goal time during a marathon. Something that many of us (present company included) have never managed to do.

Docket_Rocket

We found it.

Please return it this way as soon as possible, thanks.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page