Beginners and Beyond

Saturdailies on 7-Eleven (Read 40 times)

delicate flower

It's the weekend, so wake up OMG!  I'm need to finish this cup o' joe, then go for an easy run.  Lots of chores to do today, and with DW away this weekend I am flying solo.

Are me and SeattleDave the only ones racing this weekend?  The July race thread is lacking.

So what's up?

<3

Cyberic

I'm sitting here sipping a coffee and eating a banana waiting for today's thread to be started.

Thanks Baboon.

I'll be running some miles ( 9-10 ) during DD's soccer practice this morning.

It is currently 64.9*F outside with a DP of 58.1*F with a very sunny sky.  It should be in the 72-75*F while I run.

Just found out that weather.gc.ca has dew point on its weather page, and has a toggle link to switch to Fahrenheits. So now I can compare DPs with you guys! This is so exciting!

LRB

I am going to run in circles at the track this morning.

Cyberic

The other day, on my run, I was thinking (it happens) that it might be nice to have a sticky thread in which everyone posted only one comment and always modified it, so the thread would stay small, and in which we would post useful running links. For example the other day Sly posted a link to a temp+dew point chart for which you slowed down your pace by a certain %. Cool, I added it to my bookmarks, but when I'm on another computer, then it's hard to find. If there was a thread I could easily find (sticky or other) and organized in a smart manner (by forumite, or other), it might be useful? Just saying.

StepbyStep-SH

Good morning, gents.

I slept a bit later rather than run. I will do a short walk this morning while we're in a holding pattern waiting for DS's turn at his kids' tri - he swims 75m, bikes 1.25 miles, then runs about 400m. I have my fingers crossed he has fun, as yesterday was a rough day for him.

Last night I got a surprise at a martial arts pre-test, which I had expected to just be a workout and critique of things to keep working on. Instead, they passed me to the next belt level. Eek.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Little Blue

I screwed up my coffee.  I tried to make 4 cups but got only one mug and a dribble.  It's a little stronger than I would like.

Rest day, unless my walking buddy wants to do a few.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I screwed up my coffee.  I tried to make 4 cups but got only one mug and a dribble.  It's a little stronger than I would like.

one mug approx = 3 cups...of drinkable coffee that won't curl my hair. Of course if you want curly hair, you make it stronger.

I have to fill my coffee maker to just over the 6 cup mark to get two full mugs with a little left over. But then it also depends on the size of the mug. My DD's mug is twice the size of mine.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

happylily

I'm sitting here sipping a coffee and eating a banana waiting for today's thread to be started.

Thanks Baboon.

I'll be running some miles ( 9-10 ) during DD's soccer practice this morning.

It is currently 64.9*F outside with a DP of 58.1*F with a very sunny sky.  It should be in the 72-75*F while I run.

Just found out that weather.gc.ca has dew point on its weather page, and has a toggle link to switch to Fahrenheits. So now I can compare DPs with you guys! This is so exciting!

We stand no chance to win against Damaris, so what's the point?

Enjoy the cooler weather, Cy! (has is been as warm and muggy on the island as it's been over here the last few days?)

I have a LR with some MP, right after my coffee.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

happylily

The other day, on my run, I was thinking (it happens) that it might be nice to have a sticky thread in which everyone posted only one comment and always modified it, so the thread would stay small, and in which we would post useful running links. For example the other day Sly posted a link to a temp+dew point chart for which you slowed down your pace by a certain %. Cool, I added it to my bookmarks, but when I'm on another computer, then it's hard to find. If there was a thread I could easily find (sticky or other) and organized in a smart manner (by forumite, or other), it might be useful? Just saying.

Yes, great idea!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Cyberic

Congrats on the new belt Step

delicate flower

60 minute easy run completed (7.2 miles).  51.7 miles for the week, hitting my weekly goal of 50.  That took a fair bit of planning and execution this week, between a short race and the wisdom teeth extraction.  *pats self on back*

<3

Thanks for volunteering.

Dave

60 minute easy run completed (7.2 miles).  51.7 miles for the week, hitting my weekly goal of 50.  That took a fair bit of planning and execution this week, between a short race and the wisdom teeth extraction.  *pats self on back*

Your running totals have been most impressive considering all your triathling. I keep thinking I will be able to catch up to you on YTD mileage while you are distracted with more trivial pursuits, but not happening.

Dave

Are me and SeattleDave the only ones racing this weekend?  The July race thread is lacking.

Well it's way too hot to be racing in July, unless your race has a swimming portion, or unless you are in the Pacific Northwest which doesn't get real summer. Actually it has been unseasonably warm by PNW standards for the last month, pushing 90 most days & full sun, which is very unusual here. People are totally not used to it and complaining how unbearable it is. And not even much humidity. The only issue is most homes actually don't have A/C. Even relatively big/new/expensive homes (umm...like the one we bought) don't have it. Generally it would only be needed a handful of days per year, so people don't bother. Not in the apt I am staying in right now either, so it's been pretty uncomfortable sleeping.

My race is actually in the same town as my new house, walking distance. Except I am not living there yet, currently 20 miles away. Will be more convenient next year.

Dave

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

In Louisiana this weekend - 77 dew point during yesterday's run.

I decided to sleep in this AM.  It has been nice, now I feel like a slacker.