Beginners and Beyond

We're Not Gonna Take It - TUESDAILIES (Read 338 times)

WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD! Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners (from injury, to running, to RA). We're all a little crazy here too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up and stay awhile (not literally)! And whoever’s up first is welcome to start the thread (and we definitely keep some weird hours around here
      I'm on my way to the gym to do weights, abs, and thirty minutes of cardio (no running). It'll be nice to have my main workouts done before work. Abs will be done sometime before bed.
      Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Good Morning Dailies!

I'm taking some time off from running to heal up a bit. Yesterday did a full body workout at the gym.

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

My stomach feels kind of yucky, so I don't think I should run this morning. That really sucks too because Tuesdays are the only day of the week I have extra time and can run longer in the morning. Oh well, I guess I will go for 2 later to keep the streak going at least.
          LRB

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

Wake up, LRB! Coffee is on!!
              Vegan Ang

Formerly sdnyc99

Oh good morn'

that's all I'm coherent enough for this morning

Angela 

Nevrgivup

Ok. Now I have that song in my head. Still IR.I hate to injured, but I picked a good time. It's cold here. Have a good Tuesday.

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

Robert31320

Team TJ

I taking another RD.  Foot and shin feeling mucho better this morning, so I give another day to feel even better.

Alright then...

Running for TJ because he can't.

delicate flower

TUESDAILIES and I got mad hits like I was Rod Carew! 

It is supposed to snow today, 1-3 inches That probably means it's a treadmill day.  I mean, I'm fine running when it's snowing, but the problem is that every driver in my town is a complete moron when it snows and I'd rather not get run over.  Besides, it'll be nice to run in shorts and a t-shirt.  I could use a break from the cold weather gear and headlamp. 

Recovery run last night was faster than I expected.  8.1 miles at 8:55 pace, with hills.  It was recovery effort but the recovery paces are starting to get faster.  Good stuff.

Have a great Tuesday!       

<3

Good morning Dailies or What’s up Doe in the words of LRB.

Gustav, hello again.

Flippy, oh no! I hate yucky stomachs.  I hope the 2 goes okay.

LRB, I’m right there with you. I could go back to sleep or maybe I need to start drinking coffee or something with caffeine.

Angela, morning.

Nevrgivup, I have that song stuck in my head now too.  It is cold here.  Are you supposed to be getting snow today and tonight too?

Robert, boo to another rest day but I’m glad everything is feeling better.

AFM- I barely coughed yesterday, barely blew my nose, and was only a little stuffy feeling, yay!  I feel even better today.  I’m going to run 3ish miles after work today, do some yoga, and then I’m heading out for a massage.  I’m hoping that tonight’s run goes a lot better than Saturday’s run and that breathing is not an issue Fingers crossed because I really want to get back to base building because I really want to beat my mom (or come close to her time) at my goal HM in March. If I don’t I won’t be devastated but my mom and I have a little friendly competition going on. 

Steph 

“I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.” John Burroughs

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Good Morning, Dailies!

It's good to be home!  I think I'm finally back to normal after Saturday's "martinifest" (nephew's wedding).

We've got a little rain falling right now, but I intend to get out there and do a few miles. I'm planning on doing some intervals - haven't done any since the race 2+ weeks ago, outside of a few fartleks here and there.

For now, coffee's on and I'm enjoying a cup or two. I'll go check the RW site now to see how things are progressing over there. I think I'm going to be a dual-poster for a while.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 6 miles with 2 @ MP tonight with the running group.

I NEED COFFEE!!!!!!  NOW!

Donuts also if you guys can. Big grin

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

runningmum

AKA bear2009

Good morning all!

Bootcamp this morning, after a couple of weeks of being out due to various reasons.  Hoping I won't be tooooooo sore tomorrow! 

Oh, and pass me some of that coffee please....

2013 Goals:

1. Start, stay, and finish the year uninjured!

StepbyStep-SH

Morning, all! Foot feels OK after yesterday's 9.5 miles, but I'll still go a bit easier on it today. Plan: 3 miles on the indoor track before my strength training class, hour of strength training, then another 30 minutes on the bike tonight while DS is in his karate class.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.