Beginners and Beyond

We're Not Gonna Take It - TUESDAILIES (Read 338 times)

not lazy, just tired

Good morning All!

Off to ski today. Will check in to see how everyone's doing later.

Not if it makes sense.

tjaffer

Morning all,

I have to go and run today. been taking to many days off.

Those of you resting, enjoy the day.

For those running. Enjoy your workout

Taha

5K - 23:33 (10/14/2012)                                                                         twitter: @tjaffer

LRB

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning all!

8 miles @ 8:13/mile done, good run, not too cold out.

Steph, glad you're feeling better, hope you have a great run today!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Hola, amigos.

DH informed me at 11:30 last night that he needed to leave for work at quarter of 7 this morning.  I'm usually leaving for my run at 7.  Booo.  Got up at 5:35 and was out the door by 10 of, minus a headlamp because I mistakenly believed the sun would be coming up any moment.  The first few miles were a little sketchy.  And cold, cold, cold.  Think I run a little bit faster when it's cold, lol!

We have a landscaper coming this afternoon to give us an estimate for getting our yard cleaned up, to submit to the driver's insurance company.  Yesterday I took photos of the damage and e-mailed them in.  This is kind of a pain in the butt.  But hopefully getting reimbursed will be fairly straightforward.  I hope?

Have a good day, guys!  : ) 

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Sending coffee to D ASAP!

Don't have any donuts though!

Smile

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Jess runs for bacon

Good morning everyone!

It's snowing here, yay. Nothing crazy though. SRD for me today. My run last night went poorly and my legs are stiff today, blegh.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Kristin, with all the forum changing excitement and family events, I missed the story - what happened to your yard? Did someone lose control of their vehicle and tear things up or was it some dumb punk bent on doing a deluxe lawn job?

Hopefully, it's not too bad. I'm glad that insurance is covering it regardless.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Gustav, I hope the RD leaves you rested and refreshed.
                    Flippy, I hope your tummy troubles are over soon. Run well.
                    LRB, you OK?
                    Good morning, Angela.
                    Good morning, Hilary.
                    Robert, I'm glad you're feeling better. May that continue.
                    Baboon, enjoy your time on the TM.
                    Steph, I'm glad you're feeling better. Have a great run tonight.
                    Tom, enjoy your run.
                    Damaris, enjoy your 6+ with the running group. And congratulations on your promotion!
                    runningmum, enjoy bootcamp.
                    Shari, I'm glad that you're feeling better. I hope that today's workout goes well.
                    stupidlazydog, enjoy skiing.
                    tjaffer, have a great run.
                    Dave, excellent run.
                    Kristin, great job getting it done! I hope that dealing with the insurance company isn't too much of a hassle.
                    I did weights and thirty minutes on the ArcTrainer. I'm showered. I'm on my way to work. I'm glad that the big stuff is already done. Now, I can go to sleep a little early and enjoy quarter-mile repeats before work tomorrowSmile
                    LRB, are you awake yet?

Misty

I can not. Deal. With. This. Day. Go AWAY day- bring back the nighttime.  I'm tired (in case you couldn't tell).

Misty

Bless your heart.

Kristin, with all the forum changing excitement and family events, I missed the story - what happened to your yard? Did someone lose control of their vehicle and tear things up or was it some dumb punk bent on doing a deluxe lawn job?

Hopefully, it's not too bad. I'm glad that insurance is covering it regardless.

Tom, yes, on Saturday a neighbor from down the street lost control of his car and made a mess of our yard.  He slid sideways across the yard, taking out a small maple, and the larger tree stopped him.  He and his two passengers had to be cut out of their car.  He was charged with driving to endanger.  The thing is, he and his friends use this quiet neighborhood street (that is loaded with kids) as a drag strip pretty frequently.  Hopefully this will be a wake up call for him.  Along with losing the small tree, some of the roots of the big tree were broken (hoping the tree will be fine) and we have shattered glass all over our front yard.  The clean up will be a time-consuming pain.  Which is why I'm bummed that it will likely snow before it gets cleaned up- it won't be able to be cleaned up until spring and all the glass will be pressed into the ground.  No more bare feet, kids.

BUT-  my 6 kiddos play out there all the time.  God had them all in the house eating lunch when the accident happened.  Very, very thankful that I'm only dealing with yard clean up and insurance, when it could have been much, much worse.

Here's the story-  http://www.accidentin.com/article57697380/auburn_crash_injures_three_people.htm

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

meaghansketch

Good morning all!

Kristen- How terrible!  I am so glad you and your kids are OK.  

6.8 miles for me this morning- 8x400m @ 3K pace w/ 3:00 jog rests

I was hoping it would start snowing during my run-- no such luck, I guess it will hit a little later today.  The highlight of my run was when a bird flew right by my head and I realized as I watched it land that it was a red-tailed hawk!  I have seen one (probably the same one?) in this park a couple times in the past year or two, but they are not common so it is quite special for me.  

clintmorningwood

Snowing pretty heavily outside, I am up for a snowy 5!

delicate flower

Here's the story-  http://www.accidentin.com/article57697380/auburn_crash_injures_three_people.htm

That story is maddening.  I'm very happy your kids were having lunch at the time.  Reading up on "driving to endager", it looks like the kid will probably get a suspended license for a few months and a fine. 

<3

Docket_Rocket

Wow, I'm starting to see more of the BF here.   Yay.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page