Beginners and Beyond

Coming Soon? (Read 37 times)

LRB

LRB

I was never a resolutioner, but I was a gym n00b once. Thankfully, I knew not to squat at the curl station and vice versa. But that's about all I knew.

Docket_Rocket

lol

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Ugh. Thanks for the reminder.

I don't need to worry so much about equipment capacity, because I just use the locker room & run outside. But not looking forward to the crowding at the lockers & the wait for the showers. Gonna be wall to wall naked dudes in there.

I was never a resolutioner, but I was a gym n00b once. Thankfully, I knew not to squat at the curl station and vice versa. But that's about all I knew.

When I started I was too self-conscious about the potential of doing something incorrectly; I took a free trainer session to set up a routine of which machines to use for what purpose & in what sequence. And pretty much just stuck with that. Until, you know, I got sick of weights. Actually what stopped me doing weights is that it seemed to make my back hurt more. Maybe it was one specific machine/workout that was causing it, hard to tell, but I definitely noticed the difference when I stopped.

Dave

LRB

But not looking forward to the crowding at the lockers & the wait for the showers. Gonna be wall to wall naked dudes in there.

Standing at the mirror shaving while in the buff guy is always a winner. As is walk back to your locker with your schlong dangling because you forgot your shampoo guy. Oh, and we can't forget putting on lotion with your foot on the bench while your balls are hanging dude. lol

Standing at the mirror shaving while in the buff guy is always a winner. As is walk back to your locker with your schlong dangling because you forgot your shampoo guy. Oh, and we can't forget putting on lotion with your foot on the bench while your balls are hanging dude. lol

Thanks for painting a picture. 

Those and many more. The guy standing at his locker butt naked when I go to the shower, still standing there butt naked when I get back. Dude, WTF have you been doing? The guy sitting his bare ass down on the bench. And it may seem more innocuous, but the guys that don't wear shower shoes - I get all oogy just seeing them walk around in their bare feet.

Dave

LRB

Dude, WTF have you been doing? 

lmao

I forgot all about bare ass on the bench dude. lol

Cyberic

lmao

I forgot all about bare ass on the bench dude. lol

I can't forget any of those dudes. I go in locker rooms all year 'round. The indoor track is in a big sports center with a basketball court, which is mostly used for badminton playing. There are all kinds of sports played there so the locker rooms are always busy. Even in the summer I go there to change and shower. We have the exact same dudes here.

Zelanie

I was "that dude" in the locker room after CIM. I hadn't thought to bring a towel (our local y has them) so I was wandering around with no towel until somebody suggested the paper towels by the sinks. And 0 fucks given, I had just run a marathon.

MTA: Jan will be for the gyms what Pokemon Go was for the close to town trails last summer.

Hip Redux

Suddenly very thankful I do not use the men's locker room.

I was "that dude" in the locker room after CIM. I hadn't thought to bring a towel (our local y has them) so I was wandering around with no towel until somebody suggested the paper towels by the sinks. And 0 fucks given, I had just run a marathon.

Heh. That would definitely be a zero fucks given experience. Thinking of the inflexibility of one's body post-marathon, and the amount of time It would take in awkward positions in order to, say, dry your feet with paper towels.

Dave

Suddenly very thankful I do not use the men's locker room.

There was a thread on the main boards called "The Gym is a Freak Show". Not all locker room related, but I recall some scary stuff in there for both genders.

Dave

Hip Redux

There was a thread on the main boards called "The Gym is a Freak Show". Not all locker room related, but I recall some scary stuff in there for both genders.

The only thing that even comes close is the one lady in my locker room who likes to floss after her work out.    Otherwise, it's pretty tame.

The only thing that even comes close is the one lady in my locker room who likes to floss after her work out.    Otherwise, it's pretty tame.

Well sure, why wouldn't you. 

In the men's, level of modesty seems to be inversely proportional to age. The really old dudes just completely do not GAF.

Dave

Zelanie

Heh. That would definitely be a zero fucks given experience. Thinking of the inflexibility of one's body post-marathon, and the amount of time It would take in awkward positions in order to, say, dry your feet with paper towels.

I think I just went with flip flops for that very reason.