Beginners and Beyond

A Canadian Penguins Wednesday. (Read 26 times)

PADRunner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

National Respect Canada Day!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have either 6 miles or 0, depending on what I want to do when I get home.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

PADRunner

Morning, 4 done this morning.

The dew point chart says 71 was "Very humid and uncomfortable." I agree.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

July 15 is Be A Dork Day! Fits right in with the Canada thing, doesn't it? 

Scottydog Kabrich's photo.

VFW social run/walk today after work, with veterans and friends of veterans meeting at VFW Post 76 along the San Antonio Riverwalk.... photo vfw76post_zpsp1tmpo5h.jpg

Temp will be a 'cool' 91 degrees...not bad at all for Texas summer.

Run/walk followed by beer, good conversation, beer, snacks, beer....

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

From the Internet.

I slept SO. MUCH. last night. About 10 hours, that's the most sleep I've gotten in weeks. Set my alarm for 4:45 but turned it off and went back to sleep instead of getting up and getting my pool run over with - will do a lunchtime pool run at work instead. Might go to the weight room at the Y tonight after dinner (their pool is in use by the swim team when I'd be able to go). Paying for the membership anyway, might as well get as much use as I can out of it, and it'll be like a practice run for when I can't shoehorn my workouts into my work day anymore.

Docket_Rocket

I do need one of those sleep nights.  My average of sleeping hours has been less than 4 even though I am in bed for 7.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  I told DH this morning that we'd try starting C25k this evening, ankle permitting, but there's a small twist:  I have NO idea where my Garmin is!  I thought it was in my backpack, but no dice.  Who knows?  Maybe DH will find it lying around the house somewhere.  Also, I woke up this morning to find that my watch was not on my wrist.  The band had been fraying, so I figured maybe it snapped when I rolled over?  But it was nowhere in the bed.  Nowhere in the bedroom.  Not downstairs, not in my car, not around last night's parking space ... I finally found it in my lab office, where my quartet stuff was last night.  Apparently sometime during quartet rehearsal I removed my watch and set it on the table, and then walked out without it.  I think my subconscious is trying to tell me something, I'm just not sure what!

Docket -- have a good 6 or 0, whichever!

PAD -- woo-hoo for your 4 done!!

Scotty -- have fun with the social run!!

Lauren -- woo-hoo for awesome sleep!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

There's a Forerunner 10 listed on Craigslist for $50.  May have to go that route if my 205 doesn't turn up ... I don't think I can do C25k intervals on my little stopwatch.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Zelanie

Morning!  Look what I got in the mail yesterday- my marathon sends out a finishers' shirt (cotton T-shirt, not tech fabric) that includes the name and hometown of all finishers!

HsM- I hope you find your watch!  Can you use your phone in the mean time to get started?

hog4life

Mel, that shirt is cool.

Hope, maybe the watch will turn up, but if not, that is a good price on the one you found.

Scotty, sounds like some beer is in order. Hey do you know you always tag me on your FB posts to the RR's? Just curious....

I got 9 this morning in an awful sweaty humid mess!

Docket_Rocket

PAD, anything above 70DP is yucky!

Scotty, enjoy the Spring like weather. :-)

Hope, hope you find your Garmin before you start the C25 later!  And great news! Have you checked on Dusty's stomach? Or the cat's lair?

Z, awesome shirt.

Mitch, nice 9.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

Docket, either is a possibility!!

I'm troubleshooting an instrument problem.  I have a very simple, very specific question.  The company will not answer either a phone call or an email without $3000.  I am more furious than I could ever convey on this message board, and I am only marginally able to restrain a tremendous torrent of profanity.

Zelanie

HsM- Sounds like a total racket.  Hope you get it worked out.

I got a hike in.  The dogs came along and Mia was acting like her old self.  Track tonight.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Got 7.4 very slow and tired miles done this morning. Then went museuming. My activity tracker says I hit 40k steps for today. I have to burn off all of the Paris good so it is probably a good thing Smile

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

LRB

Morning!  I have either 6 miles or 0, depending on what I want to do when I get home.

So which was it?