Beginners and Beyond

Before Sun Up Saturdailies (Read 41 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

Up early so I can head on down to the Baltimore Running Festival 1/2. My race doesn't start until 9:45, who am I kidding, I've never started before 10am. Going to make the regular light rail riders very unhappy that they need to share their train with runners. Not a goal race, so we'll see how this goes.

Cyberic

Have a good race HCK!

I'll be heading out in a bit, to run, for a still undetermined amount of distance or time. I'm thinking 10 miles. We'll see.

delicate flower

'Morning, Saturday people!  Have fun at your HM, Two-Point-Oh!

I've got an easy 30 mile bike ride later.  Until then , it's Saturday chore time.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have OTF (finally, after three weeks of me not being able to go) and 5 miles. Hoping to see my dad either today or tomorrow (he is too far South to drive there during the week with traffic).

Coastal, I missed this.  What's up with your knee?  I have tried patella and knee sleeves and taping due to my prior meniscus surgery and patella coming off place, so just in case I can make suggestions.

Hey OFR.

Thanks for asking.  I think the knee is getting better.  Smacked it rather hard against my desk at work yesterday which didn't help.  Might try a run this coming week with a patella strap or a knee sleeve if things feel ok.  I'd rather wait and run once I know it is good rather than try to come back too soon and have it flare up again.  On the other hand, experts also write that staying active is important to recovery, so what do I know?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

OFR, I am holding your chart responsible if I don't PR. 5 bathroom visits, one more before cattle call. I don't know why people are using POPs. Indoor bathrooms are open.

Docket_Rocket

OFR, I am holding your chart responsible if I don't PR. 5 bathroom visits, one more before cattle call. I don't know why people are using POPs. Indoor bathrooms are open.

Good luck!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

oldfartrunner

Go get um!

Good luck! Hope you PR! But, you don't recall everyone else stating that theory was, um, a load of crap?

And I'd usually prefer the portapotty anyway, vs. the lines & crowds you usually have to deal with when they give you indoor bathrooms. Plus, if you are a guy, standing at the urinal with a line waiting right behind you is not what I want to deal with pre-race.

Looking forward to my run today. Blecch.

Dave

onemile

Looking forward to my run today. Blecch.

The nice thing about being less than a week post-marathon is that if you don't want to, you don't have to

The nice thing about being less than a week post-marathon is that if you don't want to, you don't have to

Well, we never have to run. We don't run because we have to, we run because we're stupid. So, I'll probably be stupid.

Dave

LRB

What'd you end up getting for quality this weekend?

onemile

What'd you end up getting for quality this weekend?

For tomorrow I have16 miles with 3x (5k/1k) with the 5k at GMP and the 1k at GMP+20-25 seconds

No more marathons

Well, we never have to run. We don't run because we have to, we run because we're stupid. So, I'll probably be stupid.

Yep.

A little over 7 miles today, and I've now got a 22 day streak.  The longer that continues, the harder it will be to take a brake.

What is the longest streak any of you have?  Mine is 65 days back in 2011.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Yep.

A little over 7 miles today, and I've now got a 22 day streak.  The longer that continues, the harder it will be to take a brake.

What is the longest streak any of you have?  Mine is 65 days back in 2011.

90 days leading up to my recent marathon. I never cared about streaking before, and always took one day off every week like it was my job. Till this cycle when I went to 7 days. I may still stick with the every-day running, because why not. But still don't care too much about streaking; if I can't get a decent run in for whatever reason, not gonna go out and do 1 mile to keep a streak going.

MTA on the line in bold: I did not find it hard at all to break my streak on Monday. 

Dave

For tomorrow I have16 miles with 3x (5k/1k) with the 5k at GMP and the 1k at GMP+20-25 seconds

Nice. What's the rationale for not just making it 9 continuous GMP?

Dave