Beginners and Beyond

Monday Penguins - 2012 Is Going, Going... (Read 189 times)

Tori Runs in PA

Pittsburgh RN!

LOL!! Tomas that does sound like quite the adventure!!! Smile Dreadmill wasn't too evil......!!

However our "grass" has a foot of snow on top of it at the moment!!! Slim pickins' up here in PA right now! I'd DEF take the cold over the HEAT/HUMIDITY any day!

Good morning friends,

Gustav- good job on the planks. By belly is bigger that my arms right now, so I just lay there and act busy Smile

Tori- the dreadmill isn't evil. When I ran in the snow, I would run on the grass and avoid the sidewalks. I never slipped. It felt like an adventure and not work.

Damaris- if I did resolutions, I would want to be like you. Including the bad ass socks, but shorts instead of sparkle skirts. Keep kickin butt.

Dave- warm up good and kick butt later. All your hard work has been paying off big time.

N-bug- woohoo for getting conned into a marathon. Keep up the good work. Sorry about the ice.

Jerry- enjoy the run.

Jen- don't worry about the personals. I have not done them in over a week. I would get some rest and some ice for that knee.

AFM- rest day. I am at my out-laws house out in the country. The roads were are not flat like back home. Hills were fun for 2 days, but I am glad I am resting today.

I hope everybody is safe tonight and has a good time.

Do or do not, there is no try. 

My first races EVER! 

Saxonburg Distance Series 5KRaces: 

#1: 7-14-2012 Cross Country Crusade 5K: 42:50 

#2: 8-11-2012 Roebling's Run 5K: 38:54

#3: 9-8-2012 Festival of the Arts 5K: 36:37

Docket_Rocket

I think you can rock a skirt.  You can do like a fellow forumite did and run for charity with a skirt.

Good morning friends,

Gustav- good job on the planks. By belly is bigger that my arms right now, so I just lay there and act busy Smile

Tori- the dreadmill isn't evil. When I ran in the snow, I would run on the grass and avoid the sidewalks. I never slipped. It felt like an adventure and not work.

Damaris- if I did resolutions, I would want to be like you. Including the bad ass socks, but shorts instead of sparkle skirts. Keep kickin butt.

Dave- warm up good and kick butt later. All your hard work has been paying off big time.

N-bug- woohoo for getting conned into a marathon. Keep up the good work. Sorry about the ice.

Jerry- enjoy the run.

Jen- don't worry about the personals. I have not done them in over a week. I would get some rest and some ice for that knee.

AFM- rest day. I am at my out-laws house out in the country. The roads were are not flat like back home. Hills were fun for 2 days, but I am glad I am resting today.

I hope everybody is safe tonight and has a good time.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

And I double post, what?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Tori Runs in PA

Pittsburgh RN!

DO IT TOMAS!!!!

I think you can rock a skirt.  You can do like a fellow forumite did and run for charity with a skirt.

My first races EVER! 

I would totally have to find a tent maker to hook me up with a custom skirt. I am sure Nike wouldn't have one in my size Wink

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

hog4life

Mitch--that is the one thing about becoming an RN that I dread...the NIGHT SHIFT. I have worked it a few times at my job now and my body doesn't like it much! You gotta do, what you gotta do, right?!!!!

Good luck today. I hope your knee cooperates.

Tori, I've been working like this for way too long. I could probably get another type job within the company, but it would mean less money, an I'm not ready to do that yet. As a RN, wouldn't you be able to build seniority to where you don't work nights?

tracilynn

Tomas, I saw a recent pic of you in the FB thread.  You need to cut yourself some slack.  You are definitely not "tent " size anymore!

Dave, good luck tonight although you wont need it.

Tori, good job on the dresdmill.  Ive yet to run on one.

Kristin, good luck on your 10 k tomor!

Mitch, I hop ethe knee cooperates for you.

Nbug & D, sorry you have to work today, hope it goes by quickly for you

~~~~~~~

Traci

N-Bug

Will run for beer.

Tomas... allow me to help...  oh, and if you do it... so will I... with pictures...    http://sportkilt.com/?gclid=CMvVhvPzxLQCFelDMgodCyIABA

Traci - HOWDY!  Love the motto... so true.

tracilynn

Oops, jen is the one running the 10k tomorrow so good luck to you.  I was using my memory for the first page and my memory is the pits.

Gustav, good job on the core work.  When do you think you will try to run again?

Jerry, enjoy your track run this morn.

Zelanie, first day of your plan!  Exciting day!  Which watch do you have?  I have a 110, not sure if I can program anything.  I start my plan this week too.  I have never run an interval before.  I think I can set my watch to auto beep at 1/4 mile so I guess that would help me with 400m my plan calls for.

Aother noob question about finding my race pace... So  the average pace of my last PR 5k was a 10:22 and I add 35 secs to that to get my HM pace? Is that correct?  So my HM pace is 10:50 ?

~~~~~~~

Traci

Tori Runs in PA

Pittsburgh RN!

Yep! and my long-time goal is to work for at least 2 years on the floor to get experience and then move to an outpatient oncology center. That is my dream!

Tori, I've been working like this for way too long. I could probably get another type job within the company, but it would mean less money, an I'm not ready to do that yet. As a RN, wouldn't you be able to build seniority to where you don't work nights?

My first races EVER! 

Bin Running

Happy new year, guys! 30mins to 2013 at where I am.

Dave, get that PR before 2013.

Rd for me today.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Zelanie

Tomas- Sparkle skirts does custom orders, you know!  And +1 on the you definitely don't need a tent size!

Traci- I have the 610, because I wanted to be able to program workouts and stuff like that.  Not sure what your model can do, but I made my workout at the Garmin Connect site and then sent it to my watch.  And I'm still not sure how it will let me know how my pace it.  I guess I'll find out!

Adding just 35 seconds to a 5K pace to get a HM pace sounds like a recipe for pain!  I use the McMillan calculator to get equivalent times.  For your 5K PR, he's predicting a 11:23 pace for the HM, assuming equivalent training for both distances.  Apparently that last little bit is what gets people- many newer HM folks find that they run a bit slower than what McMillan predicted from shorter races just because our endurance isn't quite there yet.

Edit- Also, 400 m is about one lap of a track, depending upon the track.  So you could always run them that way, and then if you have a lap button you could have the Garmin tell you your splits later.

Zelanie

Bin- Happy New Year!

tracilynn

Well Im glad I asked then.  I *swear* I read something that said to add 35 secs to 5k but yeah, that doesnt really make sense now that I think about it.  I dont like pain.  Haha.

I went back and looked at my avg pace for my 7 & 8 mile long runs and I ran them all at 11:00 - 11:22. So 11:23 makes perfect sense as my HM pace.

HAPPY NEW YEAR bin

~~~~~~~

Traci

N-Bug

Will run for beer.

HAPPY NEW YEAR BIN!  

(yeah, all capitals - LOL)