Beginners and Beyond

Up at WHAT time Saturdailies (Read 32 times)

delicate flower

For me, that would be 4:45, if I have any chance to get my 100 mile bike run done before it gets unbearably hot.  The 4 mile run after is guaranteed to be a scorcher.  I've got my nephew's Jack and Jill to go to tonight.  I am not looking forward to how tired I'll be.

But enough about me....how are you fine people doing on this Saturday morning?

<3

From the Internet.

Woke up half an hour before my alarm, seemed silly to try to go back to sleep at that point when I wasn't tired anymore anyway. So here I am, up since 5:30 on a Saturday!

Heading out for a 10 mile trail race in a bit, just finishing breakfast and basking in the central air now - it's already 75F at the race location, forecast to be ~80 at race start D:

No more marathons

Plan is for a 90 minute run this AM - it's 66 now and projected to be 72 at 9:00 when I finish.

I can handle that after the 84 degree temps at noon all this week.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

LRB

'Sup.

Heat advisory in effect beginning at 10:00, so my run will probably suck ass. 

In other useless news; It's been three years (a week short of the exact day) since I moved to my current pad, which means it's been that long since I ran in my old hood. That's about to change as I play musical chairs with a couple of vehicles giving me the opportunity to run one of my first routes ever. I've changed so much as a runner since then, it's gonna be interesting.

Cyberic

I slept like it was winter. Got up at quarter to 8 

Mixed feelings about it. Happy to get much needed sleep, but my run is gonna be warmer, and possibly wetter (maybe some rain). But since rain makes it cooler, usually, it's all good.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

90 mins pushmowing w/ 3x10 min hard Smile.  Dr Google says grade 1 calf strain, and I trust his opinion.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  I have 7 miles tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Well would ya look at that!

D - I thought of you today when it was 94/feels like 103 up here, haha. HOW DO YOU LIVE LIKE THIS?? It was like walking around in an oven already, and I'm sure that's not even that bad for Florida!

I passed the tests I needed to get my teaching licenses!! Big grin Score reports came out today and I was super worried that I'd have to retake the chemistry exam and possibly not even have a job since I was hired as a chemistry teacher, but NOPE! I DID IT! Big grin Big grin Big grin I have paid the great state of Massachusetts $125 in license fees, and now I wait some more while they review and process everything!

Yeap, that would be the temps at 8am, LOL.  Enjoy! 

Congrats!!!!!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

And with a dew point 6 degrees lower, and a 20% reduction in humidity, it wasn't as bad as yesterday's death trot despite being 2 degrees higher in temperature.

Oh, and this run put me over a thousand miles for the year...whatever that's worth.

Cyberic

Ran 10. They were supposed to be easy. It was raining at first, and all was good, then the rain stopped and the sun came out.

Weather says 66 dewpoint, but it felt oppressive. I felt fatigue as if I was near the end of a long run. I was starting to see white dots at one time. I took a little break. That used to happen to me during hockey games (the white dots), but not during an easy run, ffs!

LRB

This is what keeps coming to mind every time I read today's dailies title:

LRB

Good morning!

90 mins pushmowing w/ 3x10 min hard Smile.  Dr Google says grade 1 calf strain, and I trust his opinion.

I hope everyone has a great day!

What's the prognosis on that?

LRB

Ran 10. They were supposed to be easy. It was raining at first, and all was good, then the rain stopped and the sun came out.

Weather says 66 dewpoint, but it felt oppressive. I felt fatigue as if I was near the end of a long run. I was starting to see white dots at one time. I took a little break. That used to happen to me during hockey games (the white dots), but not during an easy run, ffs!

I've only really had a couple of tough runs this year, yesterday's for sure. It could've been just an anamoly but maybe your electrolytes are out of whack. Luckily it's a simple fix (Gatorade) if so.

Ric-G

nothing like ''ole morris day staring right at me...takes me back some

anyway, ran 10 this morning, and besides the stupid heat which is supposed to top at 104, there was a friggin brush fire somewhere nearby in angeles crest or forest....it's not close but we are right in the smoke path, so the sky was combo orange, red, pink mixup. i am getting away from this junk over the next few days as we are going up to big bear where the highs are about 80 or so. now its coffee time. try to maintain in the heat!

marathon pr - 3:16

Cyberic

I've only really had a couple of tough runs this year, yesterday's for sure. It could've been just an anamoly but maybe your electrolytes are out of whack. Luckily it's a simple fix (Gatorade) if so.

I'm showered, drinking coffee, cooled down (AC) and I feel good now.

I don't eat as much in the summer. Maybe I'm a bit weak. I have a long run tomorrow, and I think the humidity will have dropped a bit.

Then I'm leaving on vacation and I'll run a little less. I'm hoping that will help with the foot.