Beginners and Beyond

For a limited time only; FriDAILIES! (Read 35 times)

LRB

Make it count.

bluerun

Super B****

I woke up before I was done sleeping.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Little Blue

I woke up before I was done sleeping.

I do that most days.

Rest day for me.  My walking buddy is back from a three-week motorcycle trip out West.  We'll do a few miles while he tells me stories.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have my RD so Pilates after work.  Court all morning again.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!!

I skipped my usual prerace routine this morning, we'll see if it matters tomorrow, just a 5k. lol

Oh yeah, and four mother fucking forty six. *That* is how it needs to be done. /assholish post

Dayum!  Nice work Jay!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

From the Internet.

Morning. Pool workout soonish, running some errands with the kid before/after that, concert tonight.

Hopefully getting chores out of the way and getting out of the house for the concert will put me in a better mood. Husband has decided that he's going to a friend's wedding in Miami the same weekend in October that my cousin is getting married. He is constantly lamenting the fact that we "don't have money", like questioning how much I spend on groceries/gas and shit, yet he's totally fine with dropping several hundred dollars to go to Miami for 3 days without me, leaving me to figure out what to do with the kid while I go to my cousin's wedding (or just fucking stay home if I don't find somewhere to send her). He came home yesterday and said one of his friends is splitting the $270/night (!!) room with him "so it's not selfish anymore" and he'd appreciate if I don't use that word again. Fuck you buddy. And he's also traveling for work-related things for a total of ~2 weeks later on in October/early November. I can't even deal - I hate being alone with this kid, she's relentless - all questions all the time and then crying/whining when she gets tired/bored.

LRB

Morning. Pool workout soonish, running some errands with the kid before/after that, concert tonight.

Hopefully getting chores out of the way and getting out of the house for the concert will put me in a better mood. Husband has decided that he's going to a friend's wedding in Miami the same weekend in October that my cousin is getting married. He is constantly lamenting the fact that we "don't have money", like questioning how much I spend on groceries/gas and shit, yet he's totally fine with dropping several hundred dollars to go to Miami for 3 days without me, leaving me to figure out what to do with the kid while I go to my cousin's wedding (or just fucking stay home if I don't find somewhere to send her). He came home yesterday and said one of his friends is splitting the $270/night (!!) room with him "so it's not selfish anymore" and he'd appreciate if I don't use that word again. Fuck you buddy. And he's also traveling for work-related things for a total of ~2 weeks later on in October/early November. I can't even deal - I hate being alone with this kid, she's relentless - all questions all the time and then crying/whining when she gets tired/bored.

Buy three cats while he's gone. Moohoohahaha.

bluerun

Super B****

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

I ran 11 -

2.5 mile warm up
                    3 x alternating 2k/1k - 2k at half marathon pace/effort with 1k moderate between
                    3 mile cool down

On the treadmill because it was 84 degrees still at 7pm.

How do you remember that while running? It makes sense when looking at the completed workout though.

LRB

Haha, that was exactly the mix in my lunch greens today.  So good, it needed no condiment.

Oh yeah, and four mother fucking forty six. *That* is how it needs to be done.   /assholish post

Shit, I'm gonna eat some swiss chard, kale and spinach today!

Way to cream that shit.

Docket_Rocket

I am sorry, Lauren.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

From the Internet.

Buy three cats while he's gone. Moohoohahaha.

THAT WOULD BE AMAZING. He would be furious, though - not only does he not like cats, he's allergic to them. Why did we even get married again?

onemile

How do you remember that while running? It makes sense when looking at the completed workout though.

I wrote it on a piece of paper.   Since my footpod measures significantly off on the treadmill (it thinks I am going like 30 seconds / mile faster than I am), I couldn't just program it for 2k/1k.  And I can't do the math while running to add 1.24 + .62 + 1.24 etc to know when to switch paces.  

onemile

cjones1

Another concert?  FFS, watch your toes.

Your story reminds me of why we do things the way we do.  My wife and I each get a set amount of spending money each month.  No questions asked by the other on how it is spent.  Family money, we pretty much don't spend a dime without the other knowing.  It's worked out well for us, after the first couple years of marriage, and some money arguments we could have charged pay per view for.  Also, no way could I live with myself ditching my wife and 3 kids for a wedding weekend in Miami.  Actually, I'd prefer to be sitting on the living room floor building Legos with the kids. Smile

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)