Beginners and Beyond

Time To Feed The Friday Penguins! (Read 30 times)

tracilynn

Mitch, that's so sweet :-)  good luck tomorrow.  Weather should be perfect.  I will be thinking of you tomorrow while Jonathan and I are removing tile backsplash from our kitchen.

Vance, hope your wife's surgery goes well.

Awood, congrats on your 50 mile week

Phillie, enojy the 6-8 when is your debut half?

Kristin, good luck with your race(S)

Bin, have a safe trip

Jerry, good luck.   I lovvvvve Biltmore.  My husband surprised me with a trip there our anniversary a few years ago.  Beautiful!

Zel  sounds like the hip is cooperating, good news

Hey hopes sorry about the ticket sales

Damaris, congrats oa big mileage week

AFM, I did 1.5 miles last night and then run/walked another 2.5 miles.  It was cold.  Supposed to warm up a good 20 degress today and be gorgeous next several days.  Thank god because it has been dreary and cold forever.

This morning I did some myrtls, clams and lateral leg raises.

TGIF pengs Cool

~~~~~~~

Traci

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens...

Just two or three easy miles with some strides today. Later today DW and I are going to pick up our race stuff and swag bag. I hope I get a good number. Wink Race time is at 8:00 tomorrow.

SheCan

Morning penguin friends!

Zelanie--- wooohooo @ you being featured in a running story.  You should show them how much you've changed since you started.  Hope you put up a link when the story runs.

Gustav-- I have days like that also.  A lot of the time when I'm on a hard run the thought of an icy diet coke at the end give me just enough energy to finish the run.

Awood--- congrats on the 50 mile week!  Yay!

Mitch--- it's nice to hear you're having a lazy day.  You deserve it.

kristin-- I wouldn't wear them to race in yet, but they sure are pretty!

docket- awesome job.  Hope you're doing okay with the asthma.

tracilynn-  good job on getting some miles in.  Glad you're finally going to get some warm weather.

Jack-- good luck to you and your wife!

Good luck to all of our racers this weekend.   What races are you doing?

Thanks everyone for the nice comments on the painting.  :-)

Today I haven't yet decided what to run, but I'm going to have to figure it out soon I guess!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Docket_Rocket

I'm congested and coughing still, SheCan, but I think it's more the allergies than anything else.  If you guys remember, I was very bad last year during this timeframe.  The fact that I still have not used albuterol since December says a lot!  Thanks for asking.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Was going to do hills yesterday, but forgot my knee brace, so ended up going home to get it, then just went to run in the park close to my house.  Ended up being a pleasant little outing of 3.1 miles around the park trails in the very nice 75 degree sunshine.  Also saw several of my doggie pals and gave them treats.   Today is a rest day as I have a 5K event on both Saturday and Sunday.

Congrats on your miles, Gustav.  What the heck is a Wawa?

Way to go on the 50 mile week, Awood, and good luck with the half!

Wow, way to  have stable weight, Margo - and by stable weight I  mean being consistent, not that you weigh as much as a horse. Wink   I am very inconsistent with my weight, I fluctuate a lot up and down.  Probably not a good thing.  Good luck with your miles today.

Vance,wishing your DW a very speedy recovery post-surgery! Darn, I was hoping your new kicks would have some outrageous colors on them.  Joking

Congrats on your tempo run, Bin.  I think you're probably in good enough shape to get away once in a while without a warmup.  Umm, what is this 'allow only 50 minutes" for a run all about?

Mitch, glad to hear you got the package safely!  Wear it in GOOD health!   I have several of that material and it does work well for running.  Good luck with your HM tomorrow.  Be lazy and off your feet as much as you can today, you earned it!

Good luck with your races Kristin.  Yeah, I'd use my 'trusty' shoes, versus new ones never used before in  'race' conditions, e.g., outside.  Better safe than sorry.

Damaris,  good luck with your miles today.  Chiro appt before the run?  Would it not be better to do that in reverse, run before the chiro appointment?

Strange, the roads aren't flat here.  Yer funny, Jerry, lol. Welcome to Tennessee! I have a cousin in Knoxville.  Haven't seen him for years, though.   I think he is one of the directors at the Tennessee State Museum in Knoxville.

Goodness, HsM, still winter?  Aren't you in PA?  My daughter lives in York so I guess she is getting that same stuff you are!  Hope it warms up for your walk!  Good luck with the show!

Glad the hip is behaving for you, Zelanie.  Hope it stays that way.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Umm, Traci..backsplash from the kitchen?  There must be a story in there somewhere!  Congrats on getting your miles done in the cold, hope it does get warmer for you.

Good luck to you and DW tomorrow Jack!  What would you consider a 'good' number?

SheCan, this is for you:   2009 video of the 2.8 mile Fiesta Fandango Fun Run in San Antonio.  About 4 seconds into it, the guy in the yellow shirt with the black leg braces - - that's me that goes by!  You'll also see some of the folks that ran in costume.   This was taken as we went down Commerce Street in downtown San Antonio in front of thousands of spectators waiting for the Flambeau Parade to start.  -    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsinc1tWPq8   -   Food and beer and margaritas waiting for us at the finish!   This second video takes you from the beginning at the Zoo, where the costume contest was held, then around the start, and along some of the course,  and by the finish clock, and the finish area -  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pU-hTR8hJdo

Sure you don't want to come with your hubby and do this one with me?  Big grin

hog4life

Traci, didn't you mention you wanted the shirt? Did you get it?

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Scotty: that looks fun!  And a good number has a 3 in it. Smile

Sloooow.

Gustav- I'm sure the calories evened out with your run Wink You're definitely getting your mileage back up, I'm sure your body was craving the extra energy for fuel.

Awood- 50 miles sounds crazy to me, lol. Best of luck getting to it though!

Philliefan- Hope your 6-8 goes well

N-Bug- Will be thinking about your both today. I'm sure the surgery will go well. You might be able to get a run in later, you have a treadmill right? I think the anaesthesiologist told my partner not to leave me for long on my own the first 24 hours after GA. He got things done when I was knocked out from the after effects though, lol.

Bin- Nice tempo run, safe travels!

Kristin- Good luck with this weekend! Make sure to write RR's Smile I wouldn't wear the new shoes just in case, but that depends on how you are with your old shoes (I have a terrible memory) I'm sure others have better suggestions.

Docket- Hope the chiro is "gentle" with you, enjoy the recovery miles!

Jerry- I'm so excited for you! Hope you have a great day exploring.

HopesMom- I don't think many places got the Spring memo, it's in the 50's and 60's here in Louisiana, brr! Have fun with your last minute preparations, it sounds like a bunch of fun doing shows. Not so much having to chisel the makeup off afterwards though.

Zelanie- Glad to hear your hip is relatively behaving, hope your 5-6 goes smoothly

Traci- Nice job on the miles, I'm glad the weather is warming up for you soon. Happy Friday!

Jack- Lots of racers this weekend! Hope it goes great for you.

Cherie- Most of my days start that way, no idea what I'll be running. Hope whatever you decide goes well for you.

Scotty- I am jealous of all the lovely places you have to run in San Antonio. The closest park to run in for me is 35 miles away. Sounds like a nice run Smile

AFM, 2.2 miles on the treadmill this morning. Seen as though the New Orleans 5K at the end of the month isn't going to happen (it's Jazz Fest so hotels are crazy, and I have a 5K the day before locally), I really really want to do the cemetery run in New Orleans on the 14th. I have until the 7th to pre-register, so I think I will try a 2 mile outdoor run today or tomorrow. I'm not opposed to taking a walk break, I just don't want to do too much.

Docket_Rocket

By the time I get my run the chiro will be closed....

Was going to do hills yesterday, but forgot my knee brace, so ended up going home to get it, then just went to run in the park close to my house.  Ended up being a pleasant little outing of 3.1 miles around the park trails in the very nice 75 degree sunshine.  Also saw several of my doggie pals and gave them treats.   Today is a rest day as I have a 5K event on both Saturday and Sunday.

Way to go on the 50 mile week, Awood, and good luck with the half!

Wow, way to  have stable weight, Margo - and by stable weight I  mean being consistent, not that you weigh as much as a horse. Wink   I am very inconsistent with my weight, I fluctuate a lot up and down.  Probably not a good thing.  Good luck with your miles today.

Vance,wishing your DW a very speedy recovery post-surgery! Darn, I was hoping your new kicks would have some outrageous colors on them.  Joking

Congrats on your tempo run, Bin.  I think you're probably in good enough shape to get away once in a while without a warmup.  Umm, what is this 'allow only 50 minutes" for a run all about?

Mitch, glad to hear you got the package safely!  Wear it in GOOD health!   I have several of that material and it does work well for running.  Good luck with your HM tomorrow.  Be lazy and off your feet as much as you can today, you earned it!

Good luck with your races Kristin.  Yeah, I'd use my 'trusty' shoes, versus new ones never used before in  'race' conditions, e.g., outside.  Better safe than sorry.

Damaris,  good luck with your miles today.  Chiro appt before the run?  Would it not be better to do that in reverse, run before the chiro appointment?

Strange, the roads aren't flat here.  Yer funny, Jerry, lol. Welcome to Tennessee! I have a cousin in Knoxville.  Haven't seen him for years, though.   I think he is one of the directors at the Tennessee State Museum in Knoxville.

Goodness, HsM, still winter?  Aren't you in PA?  My daughter lives in York so I guess she is getting that same stuff you are!  Hope it warms up for your walk!  Good luck with the show!

Glad the hip is behaving for you, Zelanie.  Hope it stays that way.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Philliefan33

Wawa is probably classified as a convenience store, but it is really so much more.  They make hot or cold hoagies and sandwiches to order, have coffee, a soda fountain, soup, pretzels, pre-made salads, fruit cups.  You can get some decently healthy food, or pig out on not-so-healthy things.  A "Super Wawa" also sells gasoline.  It's our go-to place to get a quick snack or lunch on the run.

Wawa is prevalent in Eastern PA, NJ, and DE.  Ginny and Tori might try to tell you that Sheetz (found more in Western PA) is better, but Wawa rules!

SheCan

Sure you don't want to come with your hubby and do this one with me?  Big grin

That race looks so fun!   I'd have been more likely to have sprung for the trip had we been staying over the weekend.  I love the chance to do races in new locations, but we weren't going to stay that long.  Man, you're tempting me though!  You must know i like costume races.  Next time I dress up for one, I've decided I'll be a beer frau.

*hugs* Docket... allergies with asthma together doesn't sound too pleasant.  Glad at least you're not having to use the albuterol anymore.

Coralie-- you're doing great!

I finally went and did 7 with some hill repeats.  They were doing controlled burns around here, and our air quality wasn't exactly great around the house, and the run felt harder then it should have.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

That race looks so fun!   I'd have been more likely to have sprung for the trip had we been staying over the weekend.  I love the chance to do races in new locations, but we weren't going to stay that long.  Man, you're tempting me though!  You must know i like costume races.  Next time I dress up for one, I've decided I'll be a beer frau.

*hugs* Docket... allergies with asthma together doesn't sound too pleasant.  Glad at least you're not having to use the albuterol anymore.

Coralie-- you're doing great!

I finally went and did 7 with some hill repeats.  They were doing controlled burns around here, and our air quality wasn't exactly great around the house, and the run felt harder then it should have.

Oh yeah!  Mental images in my head now...   Wink    Well, then, pick a future year, and come on down for it.  That race is always done the Saturday evening of the last weekend of Fiesta. You can always find the Fiesta San Antonio dates for the year by searching the Fiesta San Antonio! website.   Whenever you decide to visit, let me know.

GinnyinPA

We have Sheetz here, but we had WaWa in MD - they're pretty comparable.  Bit better quality than a 7-11 or Circle K, which we had in Arizona.

Beautiful day here - 55 and sunny, the rain never made it this far north, and evidently we missed HopesMom's sleet.  We went for a short hike at a state park about 45 minutes from home, exploring a new trail.  I wanted to go farther, but also wanted to save my legs for tomorrow, so we turned around after a mile and a half.

Vance - good luck to your wife with her surgery.  I hope all goes well with no complications.

Tracilynn - 4 miles - hurray.  You're making good progress.

Kristin - have fun with your races this weekend.  Hope your body cooperates.

HopesMom - I hope the concert goes well.  A lot of people don't make plans in advance, so you may end up with a lot of door sales.

Awood - 50 miles is a good base.

Bin - nice way to start your trip.  Have fun.

Jack - good luck on the race tomorrow.

Mitch - I hope your race goes well.

Cherie - I hate running in smoke.  Good for you going so far.

Phillifan - have a good run this evening.

Damaris - I'm glad the asthma is behaving, even though the allergies aren't.

Scotty - enjoy the rest day.  I hope your races go well.  I think it's supposed to cool off your way this week, while we finally warm up.

Tracilynn - good luck with the kitchen renovations.  Are you doing a total redo?

Gustav - I get the hungries too.  It's why running really doesn't help me lose weight.  OTOH, this way I get to have my beer and ice cream without having to worry about gaining.  I like the idea of starting and ending your run at a WaWa.  I did one run to the ice cream store where I met my husband.  I may have to do that one again.

Jerry - good luck with your race.  I'm sure you'll do great.  Pretty long drive from Knoxville to Asheville isn't it?

Zelanie - I'm glad your group run went well.  I hope the hip continues to behave for your run today.

Dad on the run.

Hey everyone! So my wife and I finally decided to bite the bullet and get a vitamix.... I think I'm still in shock that I paid that much for a blender but oh well, we only live once right? I have to admit its a pretty bad ass piece of equipment, we made us some sorbet? lastnight with some frozen mixed fruit we had and it was delicious, almost felt like cheating, lol.

Managed to get 3 miles in this morning with dumb and dumber (my boxers, whom I should have named Harry and Lloyd) it was low 40s when I left but then the sun came out and withing 15min I swear the temp rose 10degrees. Needless to say I got a little hot on that run.

Going to get some speedwork in tomorrow, I think Saturday is going to be our speedwork day. Sunday we start week 5 with our friends then I'm going to run Monday and Tuesday as well because its suppose to rain Wed-Fri next week Sad.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.