Beginners and Beyond

No Friday Dailies? (Read 42 times)

Docket_Rocket

Sheesh!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have Pilates and 5 miles after work.  Heavy weights if I have time.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Good morning, everyone.

Damaris, enjoy Pilates and running.

I'm fed and caffeinated. I just popped two ibuprofen. I'm going back to bed. I hope that this raging post-fast headache will be gone soon. I want to do a few miles and have a nice shower before 4:00 p.m..

delicate flower

Good morning!  Happy Friday!  Happy One/Two!  !!

Tempo run later today.  I BETTER GET FAST BECAUSE OF THIS.

<3

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Day off work today so I'm planning a long run. Whether I actually get in a long run and how far remains to be seen.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Eff that. I'm doing a brisk walk at a steep incline on the TM. I need to be close to a bucket and/or toilet, in case I need to vomit.

StepbyStep-SH

Making it a RD. I didn't sleep well, woke up with a scratchy throat and swollen glands, and some achiness in the knee. I figure rest and sleep (especially with all the crud that is going around right now) were better for my body than forcing a workout while tired.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

6.2 miles for me and Rocky, this morning,  it was a nice 36 degrees.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

outoftheblue

Had a really fun day with my family yesterday.  We made tamales, drank wine, watched football and mocked each other (all in good fun).  Everyone is still asleep except for me.  Somehow I've turned into an early riser.  Not sure what I will do running-wise today.  Either a short run, or I'll do some elliptical and core work.   Still trying to get my body feeling fully refreshed for the new year.

Life is good.

LRB

'Sup!

I had a dream that my left knee was bent sideways and these two doctors had to push on it and push on it until it was straight again. Then, when I woke up this morning my knee was sore.

Day 5 of no running, the second time this year I have gone that far (July 7-11). I just did not feel like running in the dark this morning or on the treadmill so I did 30 minutes on the elliptical instead. It was good to break a sweat for the first time since Sunday.

You Rang?

Six miles after work.  if I really am going to run 2015 miles in 2015, i suspect that I'm going to be running six miles an awful lot this year.

Rick 

PR: 5k 25:01 (10/15) 10k: 57:44 (7/14) HM: 1:57 (5/15) FM: 4:55 (1/15)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Six miles after work.  if I really am going to run 2015 miles in 2015, i suspect that I'm going to be running six miles an awful lot this year.

Having just finished 2014 with 2056 miles, I found I was running a lot of 7-8 mile runs, an occasional long run in double digits, a few 4-5 mile runs, and my rest days.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Dailies.

SRD for me. The first two weeks of the Pfitz 18/55 plan are only four days of running, so... today I became a big boy and did a core workout from beginning to end. I felt it whereI was supposed to feel it, my heart rate was up, and I broke a sweat. I think I may even be a bit sore from it. Tomorrow's run is 4 miles recovery so it should be fine.

Have a good day.

LRB

... today I became a big boy and did a core workout from beginning to end.  

'Tis the season!

Cyberic

7.5 miles easy done.

As for my new gear, I've worn it twice already, in not so cold conditions: temperature in the teens, and windchill in single digit.

The gloves are good in this weather. When I leave my hands are a little chilly, but not cold. After I'm warmed up, they become just a bit sweaty. I suspect that they won't be enough for real cold temps, but I will probably add a liner glove.

The shirt seems like it's about the equivalent warmth as my 200 merinos shirt. Nothing major, but as of now I prefer it over the merinos wool one.