Beginners and Beyond

July 4th WednesDAILIES (Read 31 times)

RunningOnSand

Hey peeps. Is it a RD for everyone? Anyone racing? (I think there is?)

I've got mile repeats in a bit, after I finish my coffee.

LRB

Apparently, there will be a marathon inside of Gillette Stadium in September. It's limited to 100 people (who must pledge to raise 5k for charity) and is 100 laps.

On the one hand, you will never have those dull moments because the place will be pumped. On the other, during the latter stages of a marathon, I turn into a real bitch, and would not appreciate hearing some clown yell, "Only 30 laps to go, woo-hoo!). lol

Runshortii

LRB - that sounds awful, but I’ve never been a fan of running in circles.

I have 9 with a MP workout in there once I finish my coffee

onemile

LRB - that sounds awful, but I’ve never been a fan of running in circles.

I have 9 with a MP workout in there once I finish my coffee

Good luck with that. I just sweated through my shirt walking the dogs.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I rode 54 miles and melted into a puddle.  It was 78 with a DP of 75 at 4AM.  Talk about hotter than the 4th of July, damnation.

I hope everyone has a great day, and no one blows off a finger!

Runner with a riding problem.

bluerun

Super B****

Did a 4 mile race and decided not to go for a PR given the 75+ DP... placed first in my AG and beat my revised goal by a nice margin, so yay.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

sdWhiskers

LL Bean 10k in Maine this morning. Could it have been hotter and more humid? I guess maybe, sheesh. Ran comfortably hard but didn't kill myself. Happy with how I ran by effort to match the weather and hills. Plus I beat MrWhiskers   9:20 pace which is about 30s/mile off where I think I am...sounds about right based on the dew point.

Stay hydrated everyone.  And happy 4th!

Apparently, there will be a marathon inside of Gillette Stadium in September.and is 100 laps.

That sounds terrible and boring. Ever see those people do the treadmill ultras lol...omg just shoot me

Ran an easy 3.5mi recovery this am. 8:50avg. I then helped pace my Wife for her 5k at 8am. It was hot as can be and the course is a pretty difficult trail run. It starts downhill and goes across a parking lot into a field that leads into the main trails. There are roots, some rocks, and small hills. The finish is a nice 1/2mi climb.  She ran a solid PR of  35:32 (37:41 last PR). Very proud of her, I know she was pushing it out there in these conditions. There was a guy who tried to out kick her the last 50m and she was not gonna let that happen. I never saw her run so fast lol. I said "where was that when I told you start emptying the tank a little while ago? 

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

delicate flower

Hello and Happy 4th, America!  I got the local swimming hole early this morning  for 2000 yards with wife and friends before the fishermen, boater, and swimmer invasion. Such a beautiful morning. The water was perfectly calm and 80 degrees.  We also ride a real easy 15 mile ride before the swim. I do have another ride to do today, which will be an hour of hard intervals.

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

7 with 6 x 400. Typical summer run for me, intervals were ok, then the rest of the run was awful.

Bluerun, congrats on the AG win!

Whiskers, nice 10k! And you get bragging rights over Mr. Whiskers.

LRB, how about 211 laps?

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I went to Pilates and I have 15 miles tonight.

LRB, I once did a marathon that had 52 laps. Thought it would be boring but the laps kept me busy mentally.  It also worked for the water stations because you knew where they were.  I was surprised I didn't kill anyone or myself during it, lol.

PR, I can't see the picture again. Nice ride!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

bluerun

Super B****

LL Bean 10k in Maine this morning. Could it have been hotter and more humid? I guess maybe, sheesh. Ran comfortably hard but didn't kill myself. Happy with how I ran by effort to match the weather and hills. Plus I beat MrWhiskers   9:20 pace which is about 30s/mile off where I think I am...sounds about right based on the dew point.

Stay hydrated everyone.  And happy 4th!

Priorities!

chasing the impossible

Runshortii

Good luck with that. I just sweated through my shirt walking the dogs.

It was oppressive. DP was 74 and full sun. And no Lake Michigan breeze like on Sunday. I’m not a big sweater and by mile 3 my eyes were on fire from sweat.

bluerun

Super B****

I had to wear these shoes, of course.

chasing the impossible

Cyberic

Happy 4th of July, my friends from south of the border.

Run commute day. It was hot already this morning, and the woman decided to come to work by car instead of by bike. I think I'll take the ride back home. I'll try to bring up the volume to marathon levels next week. Smile