Beginners and Beyond

Fridailies - Hot damn! (Read 29 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I did an 11/3 combo in light rain and 72F.  I certainly didn't get cold.

Have a kickass day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have Pilates and 7-8 miles tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

Warm and humid indeed!  I hate when my paces slow this time of year, but I'm still faster than I was a year ago.  4 warm, humid, sweat soaked miles before work.  Open water swim tonight.

<3

onemile

I, on the other hand, am getting slower every day. I ran 7.

LRB

I ran 6 on the belt. I didn't really want to be bothered with that stupid thing, but my running surface options are limited during the week, so I cranked up the tunes and made it work. Yawn. 

I, on the other hand, am getting slower every day. 

+1. Possible 5k tomorrow just to prove it, but as yet undecided.

5 miles.

Dave

LRB

5 miles.

Well with MRT looming, we decided for you. And that decision is mount up, partner. Yee ha!

bluerun

Super B****

15 trainer miles, followed by 3.5 miles in suffocating humidity... a precursor to the inevitable rain, since I'm getting my hair done today and it pretty much always rains when I do that.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

onemile

5 miles.

lol

is that the evening race?

onemile

I ran 6 on the belt. I didn't really want to be bothered with that stupid thing, but my running surface options are limited during the week, so I cranked up the tunes and made it work. Yawn. 

I had my ipod charging last night because the battery was low. Took it off the charger this morning. Drove to work, got ready to run only to find it wouldn't power on at all   so I got to listen to the sound of my shoes squishing instead.  Did I mention how very miserable my run was this morning?

lol

is that the evening race?

No, it's 9AM. Supposed to be somewhat warm & sunny (by our standards). Between that, the fact that the course is a bit hilly, & the fact that I haven't run anything at <8:30 since my marathon 3 weeks ago (to be more precise, since mile 23 of my marathon ), I wouldn't be expecting great things. There is a family thing that would conflict with it, so trying to decide.

Dave

delicate flower

No, it's 9AM. Supposed to be somewhat warm & sunny (by our standards). Between that, the fact that the course is a bit hilly, & the fact that I haven't run anything at <8:30 since my marathon 3 weeks ago (to be more precise, since mile 23 of my marathon ), I wouldn't be expecting great things. There is a family thing that would conflict with it, so trying to decide.

GIVE IT HELL.

<3

GIVE IT HELL.

The race, or the family thing?

Dave

LRB

15 trainer miles, followed by 3.5 miles in suffocating humidity... a precursor to the inevitable rain, since I'm getting my hair done today and it pretty much always rains when I do that.

Use TWO umbrellas!

LRB

I had my ipod charging last night because the battery was low. Took it off the charger this morning. Drove to work, got ready to run only to find it wouldn't power on at all   so I got to listen to the sound of my shoes squishing instead.  Did I mention how very miserable my run was this morning?

Gawd, I wouldn't wish that on anyone!