Beginners and Beyond

Sluggish Ruggish Monday (Read 35 times)

LRB

Yo.

I ran 6. It was only 70 and overcast yet I continued sweating post-run for half an hour. I have a feeling there'll be more of that to come as summer sets in, finally.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  In Broward today yay me.  I leave for DC tomorrow.  Good thing I'm not in the office because apparently the person that's supposed to turn on the AC in the building got there late or something (no fucking idea why they turn it off on the weekend) so the building is at around 80F inside.  Lovely.

I have Pilates and 8.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I slogged thru 13.1 miles of suck with it 70F and 95% humidity. It was a bit much after yesterday's ride, and coming back up the two big hills damn near took me out.  I got it done, just because I wanted to get home.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

onemile

Morning!  In Broward today yay me.  I leave for DC tomorrow.  Good thing I'm not in the office because apparently the person that's supposed to turn on the AC in the building got there late or something (no fucking idea why they turn it off on the weekend) so the building is at around 80F inside.  Lovely.

I have Pilates and 8.

When would the new position in Indy start?

Half Crazy K 2.0

Just registered for the 1 mile race on Saturday.  Not sure about tonight.  DH bought a car Friday in Delaware and he needs to get it  inspected in MD, so I have to pick him up at the dealership after work.

Docket_Rocket

When would the new position in Indy start?

We won't know for weeks.  The date is negotiated after the paperwork and the security clearance.  I don't think my clearance is as long as a new person but it will take weeks, if not 2-3 months.  My guess it that it will be September before I start, if that early.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Hubby checked the car transport and it's fucking expensive (more than what we paid from PR to Miami), so we might drive both cars and cats instead of renting an RV or truck.  The RVs are also like $1500.  We wanted the RV for the cats but they might have to adjust and stay in a carrier for hours at a time. I might need meds for them, especially the 12 year olds.  But still, us driving them will be better than the pet transport, stresswise (for us all).

Damaris

Fundraising Page

We won't know for weeks.  The date is negotiated after the paperwork and the security clearance.  I don't think my clearance is as long as a new person but it will take weeks, if not 2-3 months.  My guess it that it will be September before I start, if that early.

LOL, it’ll probably be just in time for winter.

5 miles. Halfway through, the hamstring pain came back. Finished out the run because what else could I do. Perfect since I just yesterday registered for a 5k this weekend.

Dave

onemile

5 miles. Halfway through, the hamstring pain came back. Finished out the run because what else could I do. Perfect since I just yesterday registered for a 5k this weekend.

Just pool mix with half hour of gutter walking before and again after ...and I have a brand new gutter to walk in only a hundred yards from my house on a mini street no one parks on

😀😛

sdWhiskers

Hubby checked the car transport and it's fucking expensive (more than what we paid from PR to Miami), so we might drive both cars and cats instead of renting an RV or truck.  The RVs are also like $1500.  We wanted the RV for the cats but they might have to adjust and stay in a carrier for hours at a time. I might need meds for them, especially the 12 year olds.  But still, us driving them will be better than the pet transport, stresswise (for us all).

We spent $800-900/car when we moved from FL to CA. We rented a van and drove with our cat + 4 week old baby (which was as awful as it sounds). The cat was fine at each hotel along the way. He was not fine during most of the driving. Didn't matter whether he was in the carrier or roaming the van, with medication or without. MEOW MEOW MEOW

sdWhiskers

Sounds about right.

sdWhiskers

5 recovery miles. Perfect running temps outside. Overcast and misty.

Now it is 17-18C in my lab which is not perfect. 62-64F I think. The Facilities guys have been "working on it" for the past 5 days.

Docket_Rocket

SD. Same here. Question will be if they will better with meds even if meowing.

Ugh, Dave.

So my heel issue was 99% gone and this morning my sandal slip out and I landed on the heel hard on concrete. It’s achy now so time will tell.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I felt good this morning, which was surprising after yesterday' tough 14.3 miles. So Jetta and I ran an easy 3.2 miles, of course I made it to the gym at 3 AM and then back to bed for 2 hours before the run.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)