Beginners and Beyond

Finally got some good news (yes, another damn knee thread) (Read 133 times)

waterskimmer

Thanks for all the positive vibes!  I'm ready to just get this dang surgery done and begin the long road back...the long, long road.

It's a good thing you're accustomed to  and good at long, long roads!  You're going to be a model patient, right?

I wonder if there's anything you can do in the meantime to speed your healing and improve the outcome.

Good luck

Love the Half

Glad you could get it scheduled.  The sooner the better.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

delicate flower

It's a good thing you're accustomed to  and good at long, long roads!  You're going to be a model patient, right?

I wonder if there's anything you can do in the meantime to speed your healing and improve the outcome.

Good luck

I just need to keep up with my daily elliptical/bike workouts and stretching until surgery.  I still have a little bit of swelling and have not quite gotten my full ROM back, though I am pretty close on both.  I'll be religious about my rehab, though I'll stick to the prescribed plan since I know all too well about how easy it is to suffer an overuse setback.

<3