Beginners and Beyond

Friday Penguins, looking at a 3-day weekend!! (Read 10 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

Apparently some folks at my university are making it a 4-day weekend, because the parking deck was much less crowded today than it's been all week!! 

Lauren popped by yesterday, woo-hoo!!  And woo-hoo for penguins who can save the day with worksheets and advice!!

Docket, I have no plans to race.  That doesn't mean one might pop up now and again, but I'm not remotely in racing shape, so I'm just enjoying getting back out there right now, and we'll see what happens in the future.  Now that running is getting a smidge easier again, I'm considering getting back on the bike a couple of evenings per week.  I'm still not very good at biking, and I'd like to be a bit more stable and confident.

SRD today too, as I'm not up for back-to-back run days at this point.  Really looking forward to running in the low 60's tomorrow morning!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good Morning HsM.  Good luck with the bike.

SRD for me.  Guess I'll put in another 2 hours of work today and give them my bill.

Quiet weekend ahead.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  8 with mile intervals tonight.

HopesMom, got you.  Enjoy your RD!

Jerry, enjoy your RD as well.

Damaris

GinnyinPA

If I can get Jim out to the mountains, we'll do a short hike and I'll take a rest from running.  If not, I'll do a short run later.  I don't especially want to be in the mountains this weekend, because the trails will be crowded with holiday backpackers.

HM - alternating running and biking is a good way to stay fit without overdoing either activity.  Have a good long weekend.

D - have fun with your alternating miles.  That is so much easier to do on the TM. Are you doing them at 5k, 10k or HM pace?

Jerry - enjoy your rest day and holiday weekend.

Z - I knew that was you with the Easter eggs;-)  Enjoy your last weekend before school starts.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

If I can get Jim out to the mountains, we'll do a short hike and I'll take a rest from running.  If not, I'll do a short run later.  I don't especially want to be in the mountains this weekend, because the trails will be crowded with holiday backpackers.

HM - alternating running and biking is a good way to stay fit without overdoing either activity.  Have a good long weekend.

D - have fun with your alternating miles.  That is so much easier to do on the TM. Are you doing them at 5k, 10k or HM pace?

Jerry - enjoy your rest day and holiday weekend.

Z - I knew that was you with the Easter eggs;-)  Enjoy your last weekend before school starts.

4 X 1 mile at 10K + 10 sec with 400m recoveries.

Damaris

PADRunner

4 this morning and I took today off so I've got a 4-day weekend.