Beginners and Beyond

7115 WednesDAILIES (Read 46 times)

LRB

I am heading out for a jog, for an as of now undetermined distance.

What's up with you, yo?

Half Crazy K 2.0

It's my Friday, Yipee! Hopefully a run after work as long as it doesn't storm. Again. It's the start of the new fiscal year, so I may have a line at my door when I get in of people wanting to spend money.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Another rest day, though my butt/hamstring thingy is feeling a little better. Hoping a few more days and this Friday's massage will help it more.

I am so looking forward to my massage this Friday.

This morning's workout consisted of Back and Abdominals/Core

Captain's Chair: 6 sets of 12 reps
        Cable Chest Pulls: 6 sets / 15 reps / 50 lbs
        Torso Rotation: 70lbsX12reps, 80lbsX8reps, 70lbsX12reps, 80lbsX8reps
        One Arm Dumbbell Row: 40lbsX12reps, 45lbsX8reps, 40lbsX12reps, 45lbsX10reps, 40lbsX12reps, 45lbsX10reps
        Wide Grip Lat Pull Down: 70lbsX12reps, 80lbsX8reps, 70lbsX12reps, 80lbsX8reps, 70lbsX12reps, 80lbsX8reps
        Underhand Seated Row: 6 sets / 8 reps / 70 lbs
        V-Bar Pull Down: 80lbsX8reps, 70lbsX10reps, 80lbsX8reps, 70lbsX10reps, 80lbsX7reps
        Seated Cable Row: 70lbsX12reps, 80lbsX8reps, 70lbsX12reps, 80lbsX8reps, 70lbsX12reps, 80lbsX8reps

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Cyberic

SRD (Hansons prescribed). Today I'll try to go shoot some hoops with the kids. I'd also like to do some lateral 'running', hops, squats, maybe some burpees, and some stretching. Oh, it's a holiday in Canada, and I'm not running... gotta keep busy Smile

Docket_Rocket

Morning! I have Pilates tonight.

Happy Birthday, Half Crazy!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

Morning! I have Pilates tonight.

Happy Birthday, Half Crazy!

No birthday, just Friday. This is a year I am really happy to have a late December b-day.

Docket_Rocket

I have no idea why I said birthday, because I read Friday and that's what I meant.  I was doing the birthdays in FB so maybe I just need more coffee.  WTF.

In great news, the bitch at work is leaving for vacation today.  10 days!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

I have no idea why I said birthday, because I read Friday and that's what I meant.  I was doing the birthdays in FB so maybe I just need more coffee.  WTF.

In great news, the bitch at work is leaving for vacation today.  10 days!

I figured autocorrect. And definitely more coffee.

delicate flower

'Morning!!  I did pretty good on my triathlon last night.  I improved on all three legs and finished almost three minutes better than last week (1:03:11).  I was 55/138 OA.  In combing through the results, I see every person that finished ahead of me (all 54) had a faster swim.  I need to work on that.  I was still faster than about 50 people on the swim, so I am happy about that.  I have the most to gain on the bike though.  I really have not been riding a whole lot and am still in the top half on the bike.  I have strong mountain bike handling skills, which certainly helps (bike handling, shifting, braking, steering, etc).  I can probably knock another 5 minutes off the bike if I actually rode more.  The run is what it is...I pass a lot of people there.  My run is disproportionately strong compared to my swim and bike.  Anyway, good times.  Wife had a good race too and beat last week's time.  She is in it for all 10 races.  

Easy run planned tonight.

<3

LRB

Today's 6.24 mile run was brought to you by the stealth bomber:

LRB

Again. It's the start of the new fiscal year, so I may have a line at my door when I get in of people wanting to spend money.

Our fiscal year begins today as well, maybe my boss will finally get me the new set of books I need to do my job.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

After work today some easy miles in some park somewhere.  Sounds like  a firm plan, right?    Love being a fun runner these days and 'not trainin' fer nuthin'.....makes my schedule very flexible!

LOTS of rain after work yesterday. I had to change my route home 3 times because of road closures due to water running over the road.  I only live 15 miles from work but it took me more than an hour to get home due to crazy weather and crazy drivers, sheesh!

Today is National Ginger Snap Day!

And International Joke Day

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

StepbyStep-SH

Morning, all. Wednesdays mean hills, though I'm still doing a much shorter version than most of the group.

LRB, you asked about my knee yesterday, and yesterday I'd have said it was it great. Today, it "stabbed" me a few times and made me really slow down and go carefully, including walking down all the hills. It was stiff at the end, so I iced it, and hopefully tomorrow's RD/strength and PT exercises will calm it back down.

Yesterday was our wedding anniversary, so we went out to eat and sat on the patio at one of the best places in town. With DS along, too (last minute decision and no time to arrange a sitter), those kind of dinners are turning into serious $$$ with wine and dessert.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

cjones1

Morning all.  8m with 3 @ tempo.  Now a quick 2 day road trip with the family.

LRB, that's awesome. Planned?

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

Nice triathlonling, Baboon!

SRD (Hansons prescribed). Today I'll try to go shoot some hoops with the kids. I'd also like to do some lateral 'running', hops, squats, maybe some burpees, and some stretching. 

This. Except unlike this guy, RD to me means REST. The only burpees I will be doing will be after drinking a couple beers.

And Happy Birthday HCK! How old are you now?

Dave