Beginners and Beyond

Are you ready for some football Mondailies? (Read 44 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Well, you won't see the Cowboys playing anymore this year! 

Although I live in San Antonio, I am NOT a Cowboys fan. So I thought the game was GREAT! Better luck next year, Cowboys...but I hope NOT! BTW, the KENS-5 sports guy on the our local news this  morning of Jan 12 reported that the REF overturned the call. This is mistaken..it was the REPLAY official who overturned the call...and CORRECTLY per all the sports analysts, because, "as the rule is written" it was not a catch. Maybe Jerry Jones and other owners can get that rule re-written for next year...but for this year....too late! Now the Cowboys know how the Lions feel! Get over it, and move on.

Saturday did 3.5 miles at Fort Sam Houston.  36 degrees, slight drizzle, feels-like temp of 34.   Did have a long-sleeved shirt and base layer, but I also wore shorts....which for we South Texans in 36 degree weather is called 'braving the cold', lol.   Sunday, the sun actually started peeking out.  I waited till about 11 a.m. and then did 3.5 miles of hills around my neighborhood.   Weather was pretty nice too...42 degrees, feels like 42 degrees, no wind.

Today is a rest day and going home after work and watching Oregon and Ohio State.  I am usually an Ohio State fan, but I'd like to see Oregon win this one, they have not been there in so long....have they ever even won a National Championship?

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

You Rang?

No running today.  I'm pretty sore.  I've got a different kind of marathon on the schedule:  Dinner at Victoria & Albert's.  V&A's is the 5 diamond restaurant here at Walt Disney World.  Dinner here costs about the same as the Marathon entry fee ($150 for dinner v. $175 for the marathon) requires event specific clothing (V&A has a dress code: I gotta wear a suit) takes about the same amount of time (around 3 to 4 hours) and involves the same amount of calories. The difference here being that the marathon burns calories.  V&A puts them back in.

Rick 

PR: 5k 25:01 (10/15) 10k: 57:44 (7/14) HM: 1:57 (5/15) FM: 4:55 (1/15)

happylily

No running today.  I'm pretty sore.  I've got a different kind of marathon on the schedule:  Dinner at Victoria & Albert's.  V&A's is the 5 diamond restaurant here at Walt Disney World.  Dinner here costs about the same as the Marathon entry fee ($150 for dinner v. $175 for the marathon) requires event specific clothing (V&A has a dress code: I gotta wear a suit) takes about the same amount of time (around 3 to 4 hours) and involves the same amount of calories. The difference here being that the marathon burns calories.  V&A puts them back in.

Sounds like my idea of fun! Enjoy it all, you greatly deserve it!

Scotty, I'm glad you are happy with the results of this weekend's games. I don't understand any of it, but whoever you root for is my team as well! Enjoy your rest day!

5 at recovery for me, later after work. I feel like a zombie this morning, need lots of coffee.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

'Sup!

I did 50 minutes of cross-training  shoveling snow then ate a man-sized bowl of Cheerios because well, someday I hope to be one. 

B-Plus

10 really easy

Half Crazy K 2.0

Weights after work. Super quiet at work this morning, maybe 4 people in my hall because of a delay due to freezing rain.

Scotty, I can't link from my phone, but lots of Detroit Lions took to twitter to poke fun at the Cowboys. They also made sure the Cowboys knew this was the Calvin Johnson rule.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Back at work today.  SRD.  Not as sore as I was yesterday.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

'Morning.  This could be the first quiet Monday I've had at work in forever.  I hope so.

I'll probably head over the employee fitness center for a lunchtime strength workout, then I've got 40 easy minutes to run after work.

<3

Scotty, I can't link from my phone, but lots of Detroit Lions took to twitter to poke fun at the Cowboys. They also made sure the Cowboys knew this was the Calvin Johnson rule.

EVERYONE on TV & talk radio has been referring to this as the Calvin Johnson rule.

Will be rooting for Ohio State tonight, in support of the Big Ten, despite the fact that my wife is from Oregon. She will of course be pulling for them, but could not care less about football and certainly will not be watching the game. But she will hear all about it on her facebook feed, which is full of Oregon family & friends. To the point where she will be getting sick of it.

Bit of a warmup here (upper 20's), but then of course it had to snow. And now it's going to get cold again anyway, predicting -1F tomorrow morning.

6 easy on the treadmill.

Dave

Hip Redux

EVERYONE on TV & talk radio has been referring to this as the Calvin Johnson rule.

I hadn't seen that play before, I don't think - but I did last night (thanks Reddit!).   It hurts my brain to think that it wasn't called a catch.

I hadn't seen that play before, I don't think - but I did last night (thanks Reddit!).   It hurts my brain to think that it wasn't called a catch.

Imagine how people in Detroit felt, since IIRC that pretty much decided a game.

Dave

LRB

It was the first game of the season and we were playing a tight game. Trying to score before the half, Matthew Stafford had his wing dislocated (thanks Julius Peppers) on the last series before halftime and was knocked out of the game.

But somehow, someway we hung close and came back to win the game with Calvin's touchdown catch with mere seconds remaining on the clock...until it was overturned.

That was a first down play (or second) but we were unable to score and lost the game and our starting quarterback.

No, we here in the big mitten are not bitter about completing the damn process! 

Zelanie

Scotty, I don't think Oregon has won a championship in the 20+ years that I've been here.  So I will be rooting for them, but otherwise not paying any attention to the game, because it is football, after all.

DD has her driver's test today.  I think she's ready, we'll see!  After that, I may run or I may call it a RD.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Morning folks. 3 in the rain at 49deg.  Was nice.

Runner with a riding problem.

outoftheblue

Trying to decide whether to hit the elliptical or do a couple of easy miles and strength training today.

Lurch -- Enjoy that dinner!  What a great way to celebrate the marathon.

Life is good.