Beginners and Beyond

Humpy Dumpy Dailies (Read 40 times)

Hip Redux

ClownWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!Clown

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here.

Hip Redux

Time to make the donuts!

Woke up to a beautifully cool fall-like morning.    Ahhhh.  Whatcha guys got going today?

StepbyStep-SH

Mmm ... donuts. Too bad I'm just having a smoothie.

Just finished up 3.3 very slow miles with my hamstrings, quads and glutes screaming every step of the way. Being back to strength training "feels so good!"
        Tonight will be my first attempt at kyukido, the martial art my son does. He wants me to take classes, too, and I said I'd try it for a month now that my marathon is done.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Will run for scenery.

Yesterday was my Tuesday, but that's still today for me.

It was my first day back to brewing coffee at work instead of buying a cup.  Nice strong coffee, and plenty of it.

Good thing Thursday is a Friday, that's all I can say!

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Docket_Rocket

Someone said donuts!  Morning!

8 miles tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hip Redux

And here's the commercial to go with the Donuts, for those of you who didn't live in New England in the 80s and 90s.   Back when DD actually was making donuts!

delicate flower

'Morning.  I just love it when I get a TEXT on my way into work informing me of a work problem.  Swell....today is off to a rousing start.  I'm already looking forward to my post-work run.  At least I am still feeling good about last night's run, so there is that.

<3

Docket_Rocket

'Morning.  I just love it when I get a TEXT on my way into work informing me of a work problem.  Swell....today is off to a rousing start.  I'm already looking forward to my post-work run.  At least I am still feeling good about last night's run, so there is that.

So, was it a text telling you: wait until you get here or you better get here and fix this shit?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

So, was it a text telling you: wait until you get here or you better get here and fix this shit?

Pretty much a text telling me "WTF dude."  At least it wasn't a problem caused by me, but something I have to deal with.

<3

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning! Rest day.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

6.4 miles early this morning, 59 degrees felt amazing. Weather like this just tickles me when I step outside, I get all giddy and excited Joking

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

Supp!

I have never run before 7:00 am before, so like a pet who knows something is up when you are taking him to the vet to get the ole' chop chop, my legs were pretty sure something was going on when we hopped into the truck under the cover of moonlight.

And just like that pet squirming all over the lobby floor trying to get away, my legs went every which way but loose when I took those first steps at 6:27!

It was actually a great day for a run, but my quads were barking the entire time, which seems to be a reoccurring theme around these parts lately.

As it is, I got in 10 miles in 1:26 (8:38 average), and the one thing I took from the run is that was a long ass time to be running before work!

I'm still undecided about what to run today.  I've already tweaked the week's plan (for my late October goal 5k) once to accommodate a race from a series I'm doing.  (Not planning an all out effort for the race - pace will depend on weather, but at an effort a bit less than a 10k, I think.) Then, I doubled my run Monday because I was enjoying the rain.

Today is long run day.  My legs are tired from Monday, but no localized aches or twinges.  I'm inclined to go for the full 9 today, but that would put me at 23M for the week, a 5 mile increase over each of the last two weeks, which were already a couple mile avg. increase from the previous month.  I can't fit a long run in tomorrow's schedule.  So my choices to fill in W/F in the schedule below are:

A: Go with the schedule and see what happens  (9/3)

B: Go shorter tonight (5/3)

C: Go long, but skip the Friday to reduce weekly miles (9/R)

Thoughts?

Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
                            Training Plan 3 easy SRD 9 long SRD 3 easy SRD 3x1M tempo
                            Planned   adjustment 3 easy SRD 9 long SRD 3 easy 5M race SRD
                            Unplanned   adjustment 6 easy SRD ?? SRD ?? 5M race SRD
                            Docket_Rocket

Supp!

I have never run before 7:00 am before, so like a pet who knows something is up when you are taking him to the vet to get the ole' chop chop, my legs were pretty sure something was going on when we hopped into the truck under the cover of moonlight. 

I envy those that have the weather that allows them to start after 7am. Joking

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

I'm still undecided about what to run today.  I've already tweaked the week's plan (for my late October goal 5k) once to accommodate a race from a series I'm doing.  (Not planning an all out effort for the race - pace will depend on weather, but at an effort a bit less than a 10k, I think.) Then, I doubled my run Monday because I was enjoying the rain.

Today is long run day.  My legs are tired from Monday, but no localized aches or twinges.  I'm inclined to go for the full 9 today, but that would put me at 23M for the week, a 5 mile increase over each of the last two weeks, which were already a couple mile avg. increase from the previous month.  I can't fit a long run in tomorrow's schedule.  So my choices to fill in W/F in the schedule below are:

A: Go with the schedule and see what happens  (9/3)

B: Go shorter tonight (5/3)

C: Go long, but skip the Friday to reduce weekly miles (9/R)

Thoughts?

Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
                                Training Plan 3 easy SRD 9 long SRD 3 easy SRD 3x1M tempo
                                Planned   adjustment 3 easy SRD 9 long SRD 3 easy 5M race SRD
                                Unplanned   adjustment 6 easy SRD ?? SRD ?? 5M race SRD

Is the 5 mile race a goal race?  If so and you want to run it, then don't do the 9 today and do something like 6-7.  If the race is not a goal race, then keep it as per the planned adjustment.

Damaris

Fundraising Page