Beginners and Beyond

Monday Penguins need a little "Lunatic Fringe" (Read 34 times)

Tori Runs in PA

Pittsburgh RN!

2 mile...slow, steady and snowy!! lol

I loved my first time out with my Garmin FR10 however, I am having issues uploading my data onto the GarminConnect web site. I have been sitting here trying for quite a while now. :-( I downloaded the plug-in....my garmin is plugged in and turned on...it does not find my device when it hit 'search for device" . UGHH

Do or do not, there is no try. 

My first races EVER! 

Saxonburg Distance Series 5KRaces: 

#1: 7-14-2012 Cross Country Crusade 5K: 42:50 

#2: 8-11-2012 Roebling's Run 5K: 38:54

#3: 9-8-2012 Festival of the Arts 5K: 36:37

Jen16226

Good morning all.

Swamped here at work as I am trying to cram 5 days of work into 2 since I leave for Florida on Wednesday.  I can't wait to see my parents!

Our weather here sucks, as Tori mentioned how cold it is, and of course we are on the fringe of that storm with getting next to nothing or alot of snow just in time for my flight out.  Needless to say, I am not thrilled with that.  I guess I am just hoping that the roads are cleared by the time I have to leave for the airport.

Saturday I had my longest run yet of 8 miles, that I unfortunately, had to do on the treadmill because it was so crappy out.  I did learn, however, that my laptop fits nice and snuggly onto the control panel, so I watched "Spirit of the Marathon" on Netflix while I ran.

This upcoming Saturday is my first 10K and I am very excited for it to come already!  My goal is to finish.  I figure that is nice and plain and simple.  After that one, then I have something to work with and shoot for at future 10K's.  But I will just try my best and enjoy running somewhere different.  Does this count as a destination race?

Awood- You are going to do great in Chicago!!!!   Don't worry about the weather just yet.

Kristin- Enjoy the SRD!

Philliefan- Yuck on poop hitting the fan.....I am sure I will have the pleasure of coming back to some of that myself next week.  Hope you figured it all out painlessly.

Scotty- I don't know how you do it with your race reports and running.  I am lucky to put one foot in front of the other!!!  Kitty is so cute!

Jblack- Sleep tight, don't let the bedbugs bite!

Trod- Ahhhh the joy of T-ball......I miss having one so young, but do NOT miss T-ball! LOL  I had 1 in Tball and 1 in 9-10 softball at the same time and that was THE worst!!!!!!

Damaris- I really loved your thread regarding your real RR's.

Pewpewpew- I had yet to "meet" you on here as I am new, but it's nice to finally meet you.

Zelanie- Great job on your run!!!!!!!

Hopesmom- Glad to read you enjoyed yourself!  I am soooooo looking forward to warming up a bit too!  Have a good time with the quartet.

OK....gotta work....

Goals for 2013:

Run 10K Race- ACCOMPLISHED!!!!

Run HM

RACES:

2-9 Kittanning Rotary Club 5K 44:38 on ice UGH

3-9 New Port Richey, Fl Pasco Challenge 10K- 1:22:55

5-12 Komen Pittsburgh Race for the Cure 5K

7-6 Ford City Heritage Days 5K

8-4 Pittsburgh Rock n Roll 1/2 Marathon

9-29 Richard S.Caliguri City of Pittsburgh Great Race 5K

hog4life

Awood, don't fret th weather, it's still too far out.

P3, hope your legs loosen up later.

Hope, glad you had a great vacation.

Kristin, enjoy the rest, you've earned it.

Margo, glad your mobiles are still rolling along.

Jimmy, I'm on nights this week too, and likely for the rest of the month. Did you see my post that I'm registered for the Rumpshaker?

Zel, nice running the course, not sure if I would, I think kind of superstitous about it. When I ran my half a couple weeks ago, someone had told me there were hills, and although my Garmin's elevation shows there was, I never noticed them. I also heard someone talking after the race about the hills, and I was like, did they run a different course than me? Haha, not sure, but I think my training hill is so much steeper, that others must feel like small speed bumps. Anyways, now you know what to expect.

After 2 double digit LR's back-to-back, I'll do something easy today, maybe I'll take the pup with me. I also have an appointment with the lung doctor for a checkup on the fungal spots.

Singer who runs a smidge

2 mile...slow, steady and snowy!! lol

I loved my first time out with my Garmin FR10 however, I am having issues uploading my data onto the GarminConnect web site. I have been sitting here trying for quite a while now. :-( I downloaded the plug-in....my garmin is plugged in and turned on...it does not find my device when it hit 'search for device" . UGHH

Tori, do you have admin privileges on the computer you're using?  I had the same message, but I don't have admin privileges, which means the connect thing will never work for me.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Tori Runs in PA

Pittsburgh RN!

I GOT !!!!!! I just detached and reapplied the watch the USB wire and BOOM, it connected!! WHEW!!

Do or do not, there is no try. 

My first races EVER! 

Saxonburg Distance Series 5KRaces: 

#1: 7-14-2012 Cross Country Crusade 5K: 42:50 

#2: 8-11-2012 Roebling's Run 5K: 38:54

#3: 9-8-2012 Festival of the Arts 5K: 36:37

Mmmmm...beer

Hello colony! Smile

URD for me yesterday, I was a lil upset at first, but then I reminded myself that I'm tapering anyway, so no big deal, right? Smile  I'll get some miles in later today.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Docket_Rocket

Hi, guys. Done with court.

Jen, thanks!

The vet visit is just for a follow up on Sammy's eye.  She is also sneezing so I'll ask them to check her out for that too.

Now if only I can get rid of my headache....

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

N-Bug

Will run for beer.

YO!  Quick fly-by posting while on lunch break.  All is well here.  I'm hoping to grab a couple of dreadmill miles tonight at home.  Our washer went out yesterday afternoon so right after work I'll be shopping for a replacement.  That will cut into running time.  LOL

Back to work... everyone have a great afternoon.

Singer who runs a smidge

Lunch?  I had two slices of Wal-Mart pizza.  It didn't exactly thrill my soul, but we've been gone for a week and DH has a cold, so he didn't feel like cooking much yesterday.  My only real problem is that I won't get home until about 8:30 tonight, I will be STARVING!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Tomas, I  am going to do the Mardi Gras 5K in New Braunfels on Saturday, March 9.  Entry fee is $25 (well, 27, after the processing fee online) and $30 on Race Day.   If you want to do it, here is the link - - - http://www.athleteguild.com/running/new-braunfels-tx/2013-7th-annual-caccc-5k-mardi-gras-fun-run....    It's a fun race, lots of folks run it in costume.  Also, if your family does not want to go to the race, let me know, I can swing by your hotel and give you a ride up, no problem.

On Sunday, March 10, I may do this one.  Entry fee is $25 before March 5th (register online) and $30 after that.

About the Race:

Hope, Steps & A Cure 5K/Walk. All proceeds benefit Aplastic Anemia & MDS International Foundation, Inc. which supports 4,000 Texas bone marrow failure disease patients and families. The course will begin at the stadium and will follow through a grass and trail area to complete the 5K Run.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Vet visit?  Getting your allergy shots again, Damaris?  Wink  Good luck in court!  Wait a minute..what am I saying?  You always win!  Big grin   Awww, poor Sammy...hope he feels better!

P3, congrats on your 6!   You may have to get some skates to keep up with Awood!

Way to go on your long run, Z!  Glad it helped you not obsess too about the upcoming race.

Welcome back, HsM!  Sounds like you really enjoyed your vacation.  That's good...so now...get back to work!  Wink  Happy swimming and quartet-thingy!

Dang, Tomas, you are becoming quite the double-digit runner!  Way to go!

Congrats on your 2 snowy miles, Tori!

Jen, good luck with the upcoming 10K!   Congrats on your longest ever run also!   Sorry your weather is so crappy!  You can live vicariously through my weather, lol....86 degrees and sunny sunny sunny today!  So there ya go.... Joking

Did you see my post that I'm registered for the Rumpshaker?   Hell, Mitch, every race I do is a Rumpshaker, with my fat butt....Shocked   Good luck with your training and upcoming races.  Night shift for a month, good luck with that too!

Happy tapering, Dave!  And even Superman took a rest day on occasion....so you can too Super Dave!  Big grin

Sorry about the washer, Vance, that stinks. Hope you find a good one reasonably priced.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Tori- I have the FR10, love it!

Scotty- cute kitty. Yeah the hour and a half train ride was a bit much. Especially since I had to pee 45 minutes in from my pre-race hydrating! At least I had a friend to ride with. I should have looked up how far Washington Heights was exactly before registering, I knew it would be far, but wasn't quite expecting THAT far!

Jen- Good luck at your race and enjoy FL!

Damaris- Hope Sammy is ok!

Great running and happy resting everyone else Smile

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Dad on the run.

Hope - I love me some putt putt. Only time we get to play is when we go down o the beach though. We have 2 courses near us but they are kinda ghetto.

Tori - great job on the 2. I'm suwe its nice finally having the time to get back to running again.

Mitch - yes I saw. Sorry I forgot to reply back to you. We are going to register Friday when we get paid.

AFM - was going to get out and run today but woke up to my legs and abs hurting like you would not beleive. Going to give them a rest today and get back out there tomorrow.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

SRD for me. Tomorrow it's back to the track for some speed work 8x800 at HM pace.

Singer who runs a smidge

I swam, and it was nice.  Love spring break when the students are gone!!  There were more people than I expected, though, not sure why.