Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES (Read 36 times)

LRB

Yo.

It's currently 9 and -1 out there, and after careful consideration I have decided to laugh out loud at that shit.

lol

I don't wanna subject my foot to the treadmill just yet so we'll just call it a rest day.

What's up?

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 3 miles.  It was cold, 20 w/ a windchill of around 10.  I got the clothing right, and was just cold the first mile.

It's going to get a lot colder tonight, and we may get a little snow today.  I'm looking forward to Spring, already.

I hope everyone has a kickass day!

Runner with a riding problem.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

I am extremely sore from Wednesday stair workout so will likely only run a mere mile today and try with an emphasis on the word "try" get to kettle bell class tonight. My calves are screaming.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

onemile

It's currently 9 and -1 out there, and after careful consideration I have decided to laugh out loud at that shit.

It was 8, feels like -6 for my run last night and after I put on my north face winter warm tights, with light nike pants over them and then a long sleeve tech shirt, thick half zip on top of that and then my north face isotherm jacket, neck warmer, hat, it really wasn't terrible.

LRB

It was 8, feels like -6 for my run last night and after I put on my north face winter warm tights, with light nike pants over them and then a long sleeve tech shirt, thick half zip on top of that and then my north face isotherm jacket, neck warmer, hat, it really wasn't terrible.

Hilarious.

I'll see all of that and raise you a pair of snowmobile gloves with a heavy knit pair of gloves underneath them. lol

onemile

Hilarious.

I'll see all of that and raise you a pair of snowmobile gloves with a heavy knit pair of gloves underneath them. lol

I did wear some thin gloves

I only did it to get the dogs out for their runs otherwise I would have stayed inside

onemile

I haven't been able to figure this out yet, but is there a way, with the Garmin 630, to switch to indoor mode half way thru a run, or to turn off the GPS?  Sometimes I run part of my run outside and part on the treadmill and I would like it to show as 1 run instead of 2. ?

LRB

I haven't been able to figure this out yet, but is there a way, with the Garmin 630, to switch to indoor mode half way thru a run, or to turn off the GPS?  Sometimes I run part of my run outside and part on the treadmill and I would like it to show as 1 run instead of 2. ?

Yes. For an indoor run, pause the run, then hit the menu button (the three stacked lines on the face of the watch at the bottom). Hit activity settings, scroll down to GPS, then turn it on. Do the exact reverse for a run that begins outside. After the run, be sure to restore the GPS to its original setting.

Zelanie

This is the verbal equivalent to that tornado picture on the front page.

Lol you forgot to tell us how many miles you ran. But well done. And yeah, I think you can always dress for the cold, and even more bearable when the roads are clear. (Not so much for cold rain.) My issues were usually hands (mittens over gloves) and nether regions (3 layers, tyvm).

25 degrees here this morning; 9 miles with 5x1200 will warm you right up.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning.  I have either 0 or a run.  Not sure what I want yet.

LRB, good to know.  The 230 and 220 don't do that (not even for hubby's run/walk) as the menu is unavailable during the run.  Good to see the other watches he might have having that option.

Damaris

onemile

Lol you forgot to tell us how many miles you ran.

About 3.5 miles with the dogs and then the second half on the treadmill, during which I kinda wished I had done them all outside...

onemile

Yes. For an indoor run, pause the run, then hit the menu button (the three stacked lines on the face of the watch at the bottom). Hit activity settings, scroll down to GPS, then turn it on. Do the exact reverse for a run that begins outside. After the run, be sure to restore the GPS to its original setting.

I thought I checked activity settings and didn't see it but I'll try again

LRB

I thought I checked activity settings and didn't see it but I'll try again

Try it during your free time so you're familiar with the steps. Let 5 seconds or so elapse then use that as your test activity/run.

LRB

Morning.  I have either 0 or a run.  Not sure what I want yet.

LRB, good to know.  The 230 and 220 don't do that (not even for hubby's run/walk) as the menu is unavailable during the run.  Good to see the other watches he might have having that option.

Have him pause the run then turn of (or on) the GPS.