Beginners and Beyond

The Cheerleaders' Nag Thread. Warning to all: Drama (Read 350 times)

Fistmaster General

I don't like drama and I've made a conscious effort to remove it from my life. I really don't understand how some people thrive on it... and reading this thread and watching it "evolve" has just made me angry. You guys are mean.

It's easy. If you don't like it here, click "LEAVE GROUP." Then you never have to see or think about this group again.

It's not rocket science.

You're clearly doing a great job of that.

"I... am a fucking moron." - MattM

#artbydmcbride

Oh come on you guys!

FS can't have all the attention. Here ya go fellas....Here's something you can sink your teeth into. Wanna "fight me IRL"? LOL

Runners run

MrNamtor

And maybe if you few spent more time running and less time posting creepy pictures, you wouldn't have to worry about people making fun of your race times.

last 5k i ran i placed 4th in the 50-55 AG out of 50 and finished in the top 8% overall. I just ran my first half in 1:43 and change.

2 years ago at the age of 50 I couldn't run 10 city blocks without stopping. So not that i need to justify anything to you, but i do work pretty hard on my running even though it doesn't seem it. Mileage doesn't tell the whole story, and you don't know what my workout is. All i can tell you is im pretty sure you couldn't do a lot of the things i do. And I'm old enough to be your father.

And, I'm going to beat your 5k time too pretty soon.

Fistmaster General

YAYpril - B-Plus

You're clearly doing a great job of that.

Yep. I finally got pissed off enough to say something.

MJ5

Chief Unicorn Officer

last 5k i ran i placed 4th in the 50-55 AG out of 50 and finished in the top 8% overall. I just ran my first half in 1:43 and change.

2 years ago at the age of 50 I couldn't run 10 city blocks without stopping. So not that i need to justify anything to you, but i do work pretty hard on my running even though it doesn't seem it. Mileage doesn't tell the whole story, and you don't know what my workout is. All i can tell you is im pretty sure you couldn't do a lot of the things i do. And I'm old enough to be your father.

And, I'm going to beat your 5k time too pretty soon.

Mile 5:49 - 5K 19:58 - 10K 43:06 - HM 1:36:54

Village people

Take your own advice and stop reading this thread.

IILENE!

MJ5

Chief Unicorn Officer

Good. Put your money where your mouth is, then. Don't forget, though, if you DO get faster than me, you're not allowed to comment on my PR's.

Fistmaster General

The only thing in this thread worth getting pissed about is the naked grandpa.  Otherwise, its just a typical day on the good old world wide web.  You should try meditation or yoga or something.

MrNamtor

Good. Put your money where your mouth is, then. Don't forget, though, if you DO get faster than me, you're not allowed to comment on my PR's.

well you have to stick around the bf then

perfectform

The only thing in this thread worth getting pissed about is the naked grandpa.  Otherwise, its just a typical day on the good old world wide web.  You should try meditation or yoga or something.

Bwaaaaaahhhhaaaahhhhaaaaa!!

Dave

happylily

Meanwhile, I still don't know why I was kicked out of L&O two days ago. What rule did I break there? Anyone knows?

Anyway, I'm not going to cry about it like a baby. But I am curious.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

MJ5

Chief Unicorn Officer

I don't like drama and I've made a conscious effort to remove it from my life. I really don't understand how some people thrive on it... and reading this thread and watching it "evolve" has just made me angry. You guys are mean.

It's easy. If you don't like it here, click "LEAVE GROUP." Then you never have to see or think about this group again.

It's not rocket science.

Yeah, you know what's annoying though? When you've been a part of a group longer than many people (and I'll admit there are plenty of people here much longer than me, as well) and then people come in and make it all weird and creepy and the face and purpose of the group completely changes. And then they have the gall to insult you, tell you you have a stick in your ass, and then other tell you to leave.

catwhoorg

Labrat

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18