Beginners and Beyond

The Cheerleaders' Nag Thread. Warning to all: Drama (Read 350 times)

happylily

I think you're kidding yourself if you think this place has the same vibe as it did 4-5 years ago.  But maybe I'm just a bitter and injured old timer now.

You're right, it's not the same. It's called B&B, not BF and it's not RW anymore. Some people have left, some people have joined since then. I think we all know and understand that. What is the goddamn point of always whining about how different it is here? It is NOT RWBF of 2008!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

THM would like to 'discuss' this with you.

No, no, we've come to an agreement now.  She's faster than me, so I get to call myself old.

Running is dumb.

Village people

No, no, we've come to an agreement now.  She's faster than me, so I get to call myself old.

You old thing, you.

MrNamtor

Just for the record I did not change the face of this forum or single-handedly make this place weird or creepy. Many hands were involved in this.

Hip Redux

You're right, it's not the same. It's called B&B, not BF and it's not RW anymore. Some people have left, some people have joined since then. I think we all know and understand that. What is the goddamn point of always whining about how different it is here? It is NOT RWBF of 2008!

+1

And it's always the people who never post who complain the loudest.   If you don't like it, don't post here.  OMG, 13 pages of drivel for what?

Fistmaster General

+1

And it's always the people who never post who complain the loudest.   If you don't like it, don't post here.  OMG, 13 pages of drivel for what?

hello and welcome to the internet.  95% of this forum is drivel.  what keeps you here?

"I... am a fucking moron." - MattM

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I'm bored.  I heard this place wasn't boring.

Running is dumb.

Hip Redux

hello and welcome to the internet.  95% of this forum is drivel.  what keeps you here?

The race reports.  The people who post.   The rest of the threads on this page other than this one.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Big grin Not sure if I should be pleased with myself for starting this or.... oh well, I've noticed the ones complaining aren't really posting in the threads about running but when one pops up that is perverted, obnoxious, classless or whatever, they all seem to come out of the woodwork for it. For ones who don't like these kinds of threads, you can't stop coming back can you? You love us too much, admit it.

I succeeded with what I came to do Friday... or Saturday, whenever I had started this stupid thing and I got the action I wanted. God bless everyone, even the haters, bitter ole hags, etc... for you are loved :*

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Village people

+1

Yeah, Freesoul shouldn't complain about what goes on in forums where she doesn't post.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Who would want to post in there other than the hateful, spiteful people except for a small amount of nice people? And for one, I wasn't lurking directly in that group I was listening to a few who did lurk so there ya go JJDan.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

MJ5

Chief Unicorn Officer

Big grin Not sure if I should be pleased with myself for starting this or.... oh well, I've noticed the ones complaining aren't really posting in the threads about running but when one pops up that is perverted, obnoxious, classless or whatever, they all seem to come out of the woodwork for it. For ones who don't like these kinds of threads, you can't stop coming back can you? You love us too much, admit it.

I succeeded with what I came to do Friday... or Saturday, whenever I had started this stupid thing and I got the action I wanted. God bless everyone, even the haters, bitter ole hags, etc... for you are loved :*

Definitely not a bitter old hag. I'm quite confident my ass would put yours to shame. However, being married and all, I don't believe in posting it for all to see in a public forum. I believe that's what the kids call "skanky."

Mile 5:49 - 5K 19:58 - 10K 43:06 - HM 1:36:54

Hip Redux

Yeah, Freesoul shouldn't complain about what goes on in forums where she doesn't post.

The original post was not the complaining I was talking about.  And FS is free to complain about whatever she wants here as she's actually contributing something to this forum on a regular basis.

The rest of the "OMG, I'm leaving!" people just get old.  Every time this comes up, people come out of the woodwork to complain.   I don't get it.   I belong to a lot of internet forums and this might be the worst in terms of lurkers who seem to really dislike the forum in which they are spending time lurking.

But, whatever, I've already spent way too much time on this thread and there are more RRs to read and enjoy. Smile

Nevrgivup

Definitely not a bitter old hag. I'm quite confident my ass would put yours to shame. However, being married and all, I don't believe in posting it for all to see in a public forum. I believe that's what the kids call "skanky."

This made me LOL.

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Heck, I wasn't really calling you that but you think so, okay. Second... right...... as someone who started running  just 3 years ago, wait and see me at your age, but you don't have to. Third - skanky is showing pics of yourself in thongs, flashing titties and what not. My pic this time was to annoy and it worked, because you came biting, and there is nothing wrong or skanky about proudly showing what running and working out has given me, without it I'd be 25 lbs heavier and not posting pics though you would like that. I am not showing my ass cheeks, but my butt and shorts , nothing skanky or skimpy or sleazy or whatever. You don't have to open this thread, you don't have to keep posting, you choose to and you are part of the reason it stays on the front page because curiosity is killing you Joking

PRs