Beginners and Beyond

The Cheerleaders' Nag Thread. Warning to all: Drama (Read 350 times)

happylily

The original post was not the complaining I was talking about.  And FS is free to complain about whatever she wants here as she's actually contributing something to this forum on a regular basis.

The rest of the "OMG, I'm leaving!" people just get old.  Every time this comes up, people come out of the woodwork to complain.   I don't get it.   I belong to a lot of internet forums and this might be the worst in terms of lurkers who seem to really dislike the forum in which they are spending time lurking.

But, whatever, I've already spent way too much time on this thread and there are more RRs to read and enjoy. Smile

+1!

Just leave, for heaven's sake.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Oski is awesome, sadly I know stuff like this annoys the good, regular posting members and I wish it didn't have to go on like this for your sakes.....  I apologize to you guys.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Quote from PineGroveDave on 6/10/2013 at 12:27 AM:

Here are my pictures before I started working out and after.  It's hard to tell because I'm wearing a sweater vest in the first picture, but I used to weigh over 280 pounds.

Wow Dave, congrats on the transformation. You can really see it in your face!

**Ask me about streaking**

MJ5

Chief Unicorn Officer

Heck, I wasn't really calling you that but you think so, okay. Second... right...... as someone who started running  just 3 years ago, wait and see me at your age, but you don't have to. Third - skanky is showing pics of yourself in thongs, flashing titties and what not. My pic this time was to annoy and it worked, because you came biting, and there is nothing wrong or skanky about proudly showing what running and working out has given me, without it I'd be 25 lbs heavier and not posting pics though you would like that. I am not showing my ass cheeks, but my butt and shorts , nothing skanky or skimpy or sleazy or whatever. You don't have to open this thread, you don't have to keep posting, you choose to and you are part of the reason it stays on the front page because curiosity is killing you Joking

Wait and see you at my age?? I'm 33, so not that old. Do you mean your race times? Cause I'd LOVE to see that.

Mile 5:49 - 5K 19:58 - 10K 43:06 - HM 1:36:54

MJ5

Chief Unicorn Officer

+1!

Just leave, for heaven's sake.

Get over it. As your pals have stated that they can stay and say whatever they want, I'll do the same.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

You're 8 years older than me so yeah. I don't like bragging, I don't like bragging period really but when someone tries to tell me crap like you did, I'll say something at least. I'm just beginning, I've already cut 18 minutes from my HM last October this past April, and I've already got my 5ks down to around 25 minute times so far cutting 5 minutes from them and I don't plan on slowing down either. If I'm on here in 8 years, you will see my race times because I'll be posting them in my sig just like I am now. This place is about helping each other and congratulating each other, not being bitter and telling them they aren't shit and they might as well stop now.

And when I said "bitter ole hags", that was referring to looks REFERRING to when someone else had mentioned bitter and hag in another thread, so I used it.

You should know by now that if a post I start doesn't have anything "running" in the topic, then it is most likely not about running and about something you don't like reading about. You like coming in and complaining about it, even when you know what it is going to consist of because you got to have some or cause some sort of drama.

Wait and see you at my age?? I'm 33, so not that old. Do you mean your race times? Cause I'd LOVE to see that.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

MJ5

Chief Unicorn Officer

There's a huge difference between cutting 18 minutes off of 2:30+ in a half, and when you get faster. I'm quite confident you'll never catch me. I would love to see you try.

MJ5

Chief Unicorn Officer

And thanks for the LOL!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I'll just wait until you're old and slowing down Joking, or I'll trip you and then we'll see who is laughing ... haha.

I must thank you though, for inspiring me to set a new goal now, no matter how hard it might be but I am going to work hard on reaching or getting close to your time before I am 33 Wink thanks for the inspiration MJ5.

There's a huge difference between cutting 18 minutes off of 2:30+ in a half, and when you get faster. I'm quite confident you'll never catch me. I would love to see you try.

PRs

MrNamtor

I've been kicked out of L&Oh more times than I care to count. I just up and join again, just to piss people off...

I got banned by the supreme leader himself. There is no court of appeals. That little man runs his internet kingdom with an iron fist.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I wanna ban someone, that would be fun to have that kind of power Big grin, tell them they are banned! I would be a mean leader/chief/moderator........

(and no MJ5, my first sentence isn't  ABOUT YOU).

PRs

Village people

I got banned by the supreme leader himself. There is no court of appeals. That little man runs his internet kingdom with an iron fist.

no one spoke up on your behalf? Sad

MrNamtor

no one spoke up on your behalf? Sad

Really can't tell you. I was, you know, banned.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Someday I am going to learn not to get caught up in online drama, didn't say anything about starting it...... though I try not to do that on purpose, or make it look like I did. Though my curiosity will try to get the best of me, I am leaving this thread alone dang it lol because I just get too flustered and aggravated. I want to know the secret of staying cool during crap like this, can anybody tell me? I mean the pros that can do it, I need a mentor lol.

PRs

Hip Redux

Someday I am going to learn not to get caught up in online drama, didn't say anything about starting it...... though I try not to do that on purpose, or make it look like I did. Though my curiosity will try to get the best of me, I am leaving this thread alone dang it lol because I just get too flustered and aggravated. I want to know the secret of staying cool during crap like this, can anybody tell me? I mean the pros that can do it, I need a mentor lol.

The best solution is to just ignore it.  Smile  (Sometimes I need to take my own advice.)