Beginners and Beyond

Yay for Fridailies (Read 51 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

It is currently 55 degrees here, I went ahead for our run this morning at 2:10 AM due to the threat of rain around or after 3 AM (it is now 3:25 AM and no rain).

Even with the beautiful weather, I chickened out of wearing shorts and just a sports bra  due to still feeling like a fatty so I was pretty warm in capris and a t-shirt. Nonetheless, Rocky and I ran 5.1 miles and it felt great.

No gym this morning since my Tahoe's battery is dead, hopefully that will be taken care of today at some point and I can resume going to the gym tomorrow.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Little Blue

So Rocky didn't shut himself in the bedroom today?  Guess he learned his lesson.

Nothing for me.  Painting at the in-laws' house.

LRB

Good morning peeps.

I am not quite feeling running outside in pitch black darkness yet so I am headed to the work gym for a spin on the treadmill.

Be back to play later!

Cyberic

Turns out I'm really feeling the two back to back workouts. I'm glad I now have two easy days in a row to recover.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  SRD so Pilates class after work.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning!!

Picked up my new kicks yesterday, Saucony Zealots, I really like 'em, more cushion than the Kinvaras, but lighter than the Triumphs.  They didn't have the orange ones I wanted, I'll have to get those next time to rotate in, ended up with the grey/blue ones.

These will be next:

I'll probably take 'em out for an easy run this afternoon.

From yesterday:

My wife's brothers house backs up against the park, so he has a private trail there, but the park itself was nice. Saw a few bikers.  I wouldn't run where we were because I don't think my ankles could take the terrain. They also have the Swamp rabbit trail, which is paved and runs from travelers rest to downtown Greenville, about 13 miles I think.  It's a nice area.

I did hear from someone else that the Paris Mtn trails are pretty technical.  I think the trails at Conestee are supposed to be easier.  I ran Swamp Rabbit one time when I was visiting my brother, went from the zoo to Furman and back, that was a great run, looking forward to doing that again too.  From what I can see, it looks like there's a pretty active running community down there. 

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Little Blue

Dumb question .. how do you quote from a different thread?

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Great run/walk on the San Antonio Riverwalk after work yesterday.  Ended up with 4.1 miles.  VERY sunny, 74 degrees, bright blue skies, humidity of 35%, dewpoint in the 50s....sweeeet!  Of course, because it was so nice, when I hit the 'touristy' part of the Riverwalk with all the shoppes, restaurants, lines waiting for the riverboat tours, I had to walk pretty much of that.  But I had expected that, so just turned my timer off and enjoyed a pleasant 'walkabout' in that area, watching the boats and the people and listening to the music - lots of mariachi folks out entertaining the crowds - until I got back to the quiet side of the Riverwalk and could continue my run/walk.   All-in-all a very pleasant outing.

Today is a non-running day, on which I will pick up my packets for my two 5Ks this weekend, one on Saturday, one on Sunday.  Our weather guy predicts we will get to near 80 degrees this weekend, with plenty of sunshine for both Saturday and Sunday.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Good morning, everyone.

FreeSoul87, thank you for starting today's thread. Brava on the 5.1 this morning.

Little Blue, have fun painting at the in-laws'.

Rick, enjoy your TM time.

Cyberic99, have an excellent easy day.

Damaris, have a great Pilates workout.

Dave, enjoy your new shoes in good health.

I did 50:03 on the TM this morning. The first 45:25 were at 6.6mph (9:05). The remaining 4:38 were at 4.1mph (14:37). I'm making progress faster than I expected. 9:05 feels comfortable, which surprises me.

Wednesday was a SRD. I decided to sleep in, visit my dad after work, and spend the rest of the evening with a dear friend.

Yesterday was a URD; there was a power outage on my gym's block, so no workout for me. I went home and worked on a sewing project that I'd been neglecting for almost a month. Hearing the sound of my sewing machine's humming and the blasts of steam from my iron were comforting.

I have another alphabiotics session after work. Then, I take my weekly twenty-five-hour vacation.

Mmmmm...beer

I quote it in the other thread, then copy/paste the quote into my reply in the new thread.  You can also quote multiple people that way, since this forum software doesn't have a multi-quote feature.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

delicate flower

Happy Friday the 13th!  Didn't we just have one of those?  As for me, I skipped my planned morning swim today in order to secure more sleep.  I've got an hour of easy running to do after work today.  I remember last marathon cycle when I was saying the training wasn't really tiring me out.  This time, the training is tiring me out.    I guess that's a good thing!

<3

happylily

I think today is the day that Step has her surgery. Hope it goes well! We're all rooting for you, Shari!

I had a failed attempt at a 15 miler last night (I stopped at 12). I will try again tonight, but this time, I'll start running immediately after work, so 5:30 pm instead of 7:30 like I did last night.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

cjones1

From yesterday:

I did hear from someone else that the Paris Mtn trails are pretty technical.  I think the trails at Conestee are supposed to be easier.  I ran Swamp Rabbit one time when I was visiting my brother, went from the zoo to Furman and back, that was a great run, looking forward to doing that again too.  From what I can see, it looks like there's a pretty active running community down there. 

Yeah it looks like it.  As for the trails, take my review with a grain of salt. I don't typically run anywhere that doesn't have traffic signals. Smile

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

Docket_Rocket

Quote first, copy, and paste it into the right thread.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

I made an 18 ounce chocolate milk (with soymilk) after my run and chased it with a banana. Damn that shit was good.