Beginners and Beyond

After 10-mile run, woman gives birth to surprise baby (Read 102 times)

They'll tell you that failure is not an option.  That's ridiculous.  Failure is always an option.  It is the easiest and most readily available option.  It's your choice though.

Docket_Rocket

I assume the surprise was the birth, not the baby, right?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

No, apparently this chica had no idea she was preggers.

They'll tell you that failure is not an option.  That's ridiculous.  Failure is always an option.  It is the easiest and most readily available option.  It's your choice though.

She didn't.  I saw her on the news this morning.  Being in denial/oblivious apparently makes for the easiest pregnancy ever.  I'm kind of jealous.

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

We all know running makes your uterus fall out. In this case, there happened to be a baby in it.

Dave

Sloooow.

She didn't.  I saw her on the news this morning.  Being in denial/oblivious apparently makes for the easiest pregnancy ever.  I'm kind of jealous.

Jealous here, too. I've seen a lot of those "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant" shows, and every time they baffle me. I'm tall, so I never show much. My second pregnancy, the placenta was anterior so I didn't feel much. There was no way I didn't notice anything.

Birth weight seems to show baby managed to do well, even with the mum's training.

Docket_Rocket

Good to know!  I don't want to suddenly give birth at the SF Finish line next week.  With my husband waiting.  That would be fun...not.

We all know running makes your uterus fall out. In this case, there happened to be a baby in it.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Philliefan33

Mmm, the article says that her husband had a vasectomy...

Lucy, you've got some 'splaining to do!

Philliefan33

Jealous here, too. I've seen a lot of those "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant" shows, and every time they baffle me. I'm tall, so I never show much. My second pregnancy, the placenta was anterior so I didn't feel much. There was no way I didn't notice anything. 

Especially once the baby starts moving and kicking.  Since the mother had already had a couple of other kids she would probably recognize that sensation -- you know, like having a little alien trying to stretch his legs out or tap-dance on your bladder.

She has given new meaning to the term "running partner".

Dave

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Depends on how long ago it was and if they went through the testing process to make certain the swimmers are not getting through.  Just because they clip you doesn't mean they got it right.  You can have residual swimmers up to a month later, hence the need to test.

Trail Monster

Yeah, I don't buy it. By the time I was 16 weeks pregnant with number two the weight baby the baby, placenta, and fluid was enough that running was hugely uncomfortable despite barely showing.

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Trail Monster

Depends on how long ago it was and if they went through the testing process to make certain the swimmers are not getting through.  Just because they clip you doesn't mean they got it right.  You can have residual swimmers up to a month later, hence the need to test.

And obviously it would have had to have been 8+ months ago in order for the pregnancy to be a surprise. So it either failed miserably,  they didnt follow up, or she's unfaithful. My coworker did have twins after a vasectomy though so anything is possible. Smile

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Hey i am half awake here at work, I should have known better than to ask how long ago it was.

Used to work with a guy that had a kid after getting clipped because they never went though the testing process.

Buelligan

That happened to a friend of mine.  He had a 20 year old son and a newborn daughter.  Vasectomy was 15 years old!