Beginners and Beyond

Dog Days of Summer SaturDAILIES (Read 53 times)

StepbyStep-SH

CoolWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

StepbyStep-SH

Apparently having realized she forgot to make a strong appearance when she had the opportunity in July and August (when we often had days that never got past 78*), Summer has decided an encore is in order, and our high again today is supposed to be over 90*. Sure, after all the pools are closed for the year.

Guess I shouldn't complain, since I'm not running in it. Taking a rest day, partially because of schedule and childcare for the day, partially because my ankles are sore from standing on cement for several hours yesterday helping a friend with a garage sale. DS and I are doing the same thing today, then hopefully taking another test drive in the car that I think DH and I just might go buy next week. :fingerscrossed:

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

Supp yo!

Congrats again on your performance last weekend!

I have yet another ridiculous tempo run on the schedule, looking to head out of here within the hour.

Right now though, more coffee...

Hip Redux

Today is my dog's 11th birthday.  And I bought her special cookies to celebrate.  Yes, I am one of those people.  

And next week I am responsible for a picnic/adoption gathering for 200 people and 100 dogs.  OMFG.  I'm sort of in crisis mode at the moment because I have gone pretty much all summer without really thinking about this event.

As far as running, I will be dropping the Mr. Oski off for his long run and I will do something while he does 15.  I'm thinking bike ride, giving my run fail yesterday.

But first... breakfast and moar coffee.

delicate flower

Good morning there, my little champions!  Happy WEEKEND!  I got out early this morning for my run.  7 miles at 8:42 pace.  Somewhere between easy and recovery effort.  My legs appreciated the easy pace after last night's run.  One week until my goal HM.

Lots of misc STUFF to do today.  Hey, how 'bout that Red Sox game last night, huh?  HUH?  Cool

<3

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Good Morning, Dailies! Happy Happy Happy!

SRD for me today, though I might jog 4 laps at the track later just to stay loose.

HM tomorrow, goal:  1:57:00. We'll see what I can do tomorrow morning.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Will run for scenery.

Half hour till go time, and I'm planning to start.  See last night's Dailies for a list of whiny details why I may decide to DNF.  I'm feeling okay, not great.  Sky is clear though, and get this : due to the warm weather there will be no snow.  Just cold rain.

Happy Saturday, and good luck racers!

D : sorry about poor Hershey.  Kitty hugs.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning dailies.

Swapping my LR from today to tomorrow. So today would be a RD. I'll check back with you tomorrow. Smile

Have a great day!

- Andrew

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  9 miles tonight.

For those that didn't read the thread last night, I was told Hershey almost died yesterday afternoon after being sedated.  They revived him and he is OK.  She said he ate today and she might let him go home tonight or tomorrow.  Cross your fingers!

Oski, I hope the adoption gathering goes well.

jjs, hope you decide what is best.

Have a nice day!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Morning!  11.1 for me. Now getting my hair cut

Marjorie

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

D, hope Hershey is recovering nicely.

I ran a mile today, or more specifically, 4 1/4 mile intervals. 2:25, 2:11, 1:47, and 1:47. Just couldn't get enough wind to get that last interval a little quicker. What can I say - I'm a slug.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Zelanie

Good luck, Tom!

I am planning to run 10 today, but closer to evening.

Hip Redux

Half hour till go time, and I'm planning to start.  See last night's Dailies for a list of whiny details why I may decide to DNF.  I'm feeling okay, not great.  Sky is clear though, and get this : due to the warm weather there will be no snow.  Just cold rain.

Good luck!  Cold rain sounds.... miserable.   :P

I decided to do a short bike ride and then a short trail run while the DH does his 15.  Fingers crossed this goes well because I'm annoying myself with all my whining lately Big grin

HobbitLegs

elevenses

A quick 3 around the neighborhood for me. Couldn't pass up the gorgeous weather. The rest of the day will be spent packing and running errands. DH and I are off to the Outer Banks for a week after I get off work tomorrow!

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

D, good to hear Hershey doing better.  Crazy stuff!!

Made it out by 6am this morning to get in some speedwork at the track before the heat came.  Left at 7am juuuust as the sun was starting to get annoying.  I feel a nap coming on! Cool

Randy