Beginners and Beyond

Cloudy SunDAILIES (Read 35 times)

Watching a huge football game, a totally meaningless one that would still be nice for the good guys to win, a LR, some work at work, and hopefully some muddy XC are today's plan.

What's yours?

delicate flower

HEY!  Today will be very much like a Sunday, which makes sense when you think about it.  Got to make a trip to Costco, lunch at Moe's, an easy run of 5-7 miles, and football on the TV.

Watched The Interview last night with Wife and the Oskis.  I laughed a lot.

<3

Robert31320

Team TJ

4.4 miles done. I took it easy, easy like Sunday morning.

Running for TJ because he can't.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I hate morning running, especially when the stupid sun comes out before 7am and burns me to a crisp.  Humid as fuck.  I didn't sleep a wink so I barely had will to run 10.  The groin was there during the run but wasn't too bad and it did not get worse by running.  Yay.

So, 10 miles.  Weights this afternoon, then a Cirque show (Ama Luna).

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

What's up crew!

It is indeed cloudy today and a huge football game for me as well.

Later for that though, right now I am heading over to the loop at Stoney Creek for 6 easy where there are a million runners. And of course I am dressed for the occasion (like a cheap trick) because hey, you gotta give 'em what they want.  

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I got out and pounded out 6 miles on the road, still feeling pretty good. I've decided that I am going to retire two of my training shoes that were used from March 2014 through marathon training, after buying a new pair of shoes for the long runs I noticed the difference immediately - not the bottom but the sides around my ankles, there is a lot of wear on the old training shoes and I definitely feel more aggravation during the last few runs in those older shoes. Hopefully that will help resolve some of the issues with my lower legs.

Still going to take it easy a little bit longer, I think I increased my mileage too quickly in a hurry to get back to the 40's and it could have helped irritate my lower legs.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

38 degrees in San Antonio right now, 'feels like" 35, sheesh!  Quite a change from the 70s and 50s we had over the last few days.  Also, it is spitting rain off-and-on.  Well, it is not going to get much better,  and there is a lull in the rain right now, so I am going to head out and do a few miles along the San Antonio Riverwalk - should be nice and quiet down there with THIS weather - and then come back and watch the Redskins - Dallas football game and hope the Skins finish their season on a high note by beating the Damn Dallas Cowboys.    Also hope the Packers manage to overcome the Detroit Lions.

Nice run/walk Saturday at Fort Sam.  Although, again, it was RAINING on me.  However, the temp was in the mid-50s, so I felt quite comfortable in just running shirt and shorts.   Did 3.5 miles, all hills, and was soaking wet by the time I got back to the Fort Sam Houston gym.  Fun stuff!    Because of the holidays, most of the military trainees, instructors, staff, etc, are all away to their homes - just the local folks still around, base security forces, etc -  so it was kind of like a ghost town when I was running;  I only saw a few people on my run/walk....,kinda made me feel like I was a character in a Twilight Zone episode or Ray Bradbury short story - the only person left in the whole world, lol.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

outoftheblue

8 yesterday evening which was my longer run post-marathon.  Slowly, I getting back at this.  This marathon really took it out of me in a way the others haven't.  I don't know when I'm going to be ready to race again.

Life is good.

Cyberic

Jay, get dirty!

Baboon, busy Sunday.

Robert, nice easy miles

Damaris, hopefully, the groin will not aggravate by running Easy

FS, so I see you got in the mileage to hit 100+ again this month.

Scotty, it's 41 degrees in Montreal. But the honeymoon is over for us over here, temperatures are going to drop soon.

LRB, lol, yeah, give'em what they want Big grin

OOTB, I'm in no way close to a racing expert, but my guess is you'll be ready to race again soon enough Wink

Me, I got in 14.9 miles at 8mm average in nice weather. This "long run" did not feel harder or easier than usual, which is nice since I ran about 15 miles more than usual in the past week.

Cyberic

I seem to feel 'adaptation' in my lungs. I've been logging in straight 50 MPW lately, and felt some kind of adaptation in my lungs, and this last week, with the higher mileage, I feel it even more.

Does that make sense, I mean feeling lung adaptation? Or is it all in my head?

LRB

LRB, lol, yeah, give'em what they want

It was colder than a witches tit out there. I froze my dumb ass off! 

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

FS, so I see you got in the mileage to hit 100+ again this month.

Me, I got in 14.9 miles at 8mm average in nice weather. This "long run" did not feel harder or easier than usual, which is nice since I ran about 15 miles more than usual in the past week.

Lol, yeah. I wanted to get a few miles in this morning but decided it would be wise to stick to the plan of taking it easy. I am sure I might get a few more miles in before the end of December Smile

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

I seem to feel 'adaptation' in my lungs. I've been logging in straight 50 MPW lately, and felt some kind of adaptation in my lungs, and this last week, with the higher mileage, I feel it even more.

Does that make sense, I mean feeling lung adaptation? Or is it all in my head?

I have never heard it termed that but no, it is not in your head. When you you take a jump in fitness it usually shows up in your easy pace. This is where you find yourself purposely slowing down to run what you are accustomed to being your easy pace, yet the faster pace seems easy.

Other times it shows up in your faster training paces where you are able to hit a pace (marathon, tempo or other) with ease where you once struggled to hold said pace.

This is obviously one opinion though so take it with a grain of salt.

LRB

I am off to the show for some yummy thin crust pizza and wine to see Into the woods, which is a twist on the Brothers Grimm fairy tales. By all accounts it is pretty decent but we know how that goes.   

See ya! 

Cyberic

I have never heard it termed that but no, it is not in your head. When you you take a jump in fitness it usually shows up in your easy pace. This is where you find yourself purposely slowing down to run what you are accustomed to being your easy pace, yet the faster pace seems easy.

Other times it shows up in your faster training paces where you are able to hit a pace (marathon, tempo or other) with ease where you once struggled to hold said pace.

This is obviously one opinion though so take it with a grain of salt.

I think what you're referring to is noticing an improvement. I feel it. By feeling I mean like when you work out your muscles and you're used to it, you don't feel DOMS afterwards, but feel in your muscles that you have worked them out. It's a nice feeling. I think I feel something similar in my rib cage when I breathe, especially with deep breaths. It might be the diaphragm I'm feeling, or my inter-rib muscles, but it seems like I feel my lungs get stronger.