Beginners and Beyond

The Sun, the Moon, the Stars All Bear the Seal of FRIDAILIES (Read 219 times)

Cool WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREADCool 

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners (from injury, to running, to RA). We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay awhile (not literally!) And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours around here.

Today, I'm only doing ab work and push-ups.

delicate flower

Happy FRIDAY!  I was up at four o'clock this morning to drop DW off at the airport.  It's worth it though for THREE DAYS OF FREEDOM!  Big grin

I'll probably have to work a little bit this weekend.  I sure do miss running.

<3

LRB

Um, excuse me waiter but I'm empty.

flarunner

Morning Boys and Girls!

5 miles 'easy' this morning.

Have a great workout everyone!

Vegan Ang

Formerly sdnyc99

Good morn' all!  I'm feeling a little proud of myself for being up and conscious so early.

6.2 miles last night.  Another 3-4 tonight after work, probably in capri tights.  Maybe even shorts this weekend, it's supposed to get so warm!

Enjoy your Fridays.

Angela 

Hey everyone. Central illinois and 60 degrees today! Not bad. Taking a run 3-4 over lunch.

Baboon, Enjoy your bachelor weekend. Nice to have those on occasion!

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning! 6 after work with my RP. Looks like it might be 41° and rainy. Oh well - gotta get it done!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Happy Friday!

Have a good workout Basya!

Enjoy your weekend Baboon! Hope that knee is doing well!

LRB- I will take some coffee too

Flatrunner- good job on the 5

Vegan- enjoy the warmer weather running!

Sparker- have a good lunch run

April- watether not let rain hold you back!

AFM- yoga class after work. And, of course foam rolling. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow. I need an annual physical for work and im due for it, and want him to look at my knee. I haven't had any pain since Sunday, but seeing what the doctor says couldn'hurt. I'm holding off on running til I see what he says. If things are good, I'm going to try a little run at some point this weekend.

Have a great day

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

@runjerseygirl

Rest day for me. Sad

Do you even run?

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Off to run to the chiro and back.  Will travel today, so I'll be MIA.  You can catch the results of my Goofy on my FB page.

See you guys later!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

runmomto3boys

Basya: I hope the cross-training goes well!

Phil: Enjoy your quiet weekend!

LRB: Good morning!

Flarunner: Have a great 5 EZ miles this AM!

Ang: Ohhh, what fantastic weather to take advantage of!  Nice run yesterday.  I hope today's goes as well!

Sparker: Enjoy that weather!

April: I hope the 6 miler goes well and that the rain holds off for you!

Kristin: I hope your doc is able to give you some insight as to what is going on.  FX!

Damaris: Good luck on the race!

My Mom is coming over this AM so I can run during the day. Yes!!  Second time this week - such a treat!  It is going to be 48 degrees today, too - in January, in Wisconsin...crazy!!!!  I have a 12 miler planned, but I have gotten in some good miles this week already, so I might cut it back some depending on how I feel.

happylily

Good morning gentle people!

Feels like spring here and the snow is melting quickly. I may take the only three kids I have today to McDonald's. An overdose of salt once in a while won't kill them, right? They're tough little buggers anyway. Smile

9 or 10 later this evening. Fast or slow, I'm not sure. Legs are feeling cranky these days (or is it me?), we'll see.

Have a great day everyone!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

RMTB, thanks.  There are two races.  The HM on Saturday and the marathon on Sunday.  Big grin

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

RMTB, thanks.  There are two races.  The HM on Saturday and the marathon on Sunday.  Big grin

Good luck!  Jealous.  Hopefully next year.  Wife was actually disappointed I didn't do it this year, but I just couldn't due to work priorities. 

<3