Beginners and Beyond

The Sun, the Moon, the Stars All Bear the Seal of FRIDAILIES (Read 219 times)

Good morning TO ALL!

Damaris, good luck on your races. I hope the weather is good and you kick ass.

5 miles easy tonight. It'll be on the treadmill if this rain doesn't clear out.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

4 miles done on the San Antonio Riverwalk yesterday after work.  Weather was great:  68 degrees, sunny, blue clouds, a low dew-point and low humidity.  I enjoyed myself but there were annoying points along the way too, as the Parks Foundation has begun some more renovation down there and I would get to certain parts of the Riverwalk that were blocked off and have to turn around and go all the way back the way I came to get to a bridge that crossed over to the other side.  I had the route I wanted to do all "mapped" in my head when I started out and the Riverwalk was not cooperating, lol.  Oh well.  Still an enjoyable run, and got a nice bonus too.  I finished right near my favorite restaurant on the Riverwalk - Mad Dog's, an English/Scottish themed pub/restaurant, where the wait staff wears kilts - and one of the lovely kilted ladies working there said "Looks like you could use a beer  now" and gave me a free one to enjoy post-run.  Sweeet!  I run quite a bit on the Riverweek, at least once a week, so I'm starting to be recognized down there now.

Today is a rest day and tomorrow I have my 5th race of the year.  Which just happens to also be on the Riverwalk.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Good luck with your 5 C0derunner!

Ab work and pushups can be tough, Basya.  Good luck!

Enjoy your Freedom Days, baboon.  However,  I bet you'll be missing her a lot after the first day,  When my DW goes on her business trips, I find I have a hard time sleeping at night without her in the bed beside me.  Sorry about your not running, but hope you are feeling better and are healing fast.

Put some TEA in that cat's cup!  Joking

Congrats on the 5, flarunner.  Jeez, just how early do you get up to get these runs done already in the morning?

Nice running, Angela.  Enjoy that warmer weather!

Happy lunch time running, Sparker.  60 degrees, nice. Was watching Weather Channel and they mentioned Chicago had not had ANY snow this year yet, which was unusual for that city.  I think Mother Nature is going a bit 'weird" this year, crazy types of weather patterns all over the country.

Good luck with the 6, April.  Running in rain can be fun...as long as it's not that COLD rainy stuff.

Happy rest day, Kay!

Good luck with the Goofy Challenge, Damaris!  No doubt in my mind you will come through with flying colors.

Enjoy the day run, RM23B!  My boss, btw, is from Wisconsin.  She says she does not miss the snow,. Yeah, San Antonio winter is a bit different than Wisconsin...we will be at 70 degrees today.

Spring in Canada already, Lily?  Mother Nature really is going nuts!  Have fun with your kids today and good luck with your miles later! Cranky legs or no cranky legs, they're still "Great Legs" either way.  Big grin

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Baboon, I hope that you enjoy the weekend.

flarunner, nice run.

Angela, Scott, AprilRunner, Heidi, Lily, c0derunner, enjoy your runs.

kristin10185, I hope that the appointment with the doctor goes well. Have fun with yoga.

Kay, have a refreshing and invigorating rest day.

Good luck to scottydawg, Damaris, and everyone else who will race this weekend!

Zelanie

Morning!  Got in my 5.5 easy on the TM last night, and it's a RD today.  I was happy that the legs still felt pretty good last night following two back-to-back quality runs.  Plus I did some sidesteps and backwards walking on the TM since nobody was waiting for it.

Basya- Good luck on the XT!

Baboon- Enjoy the weekend!

LRB- I think we could all use a refill.  It's Friday!

fla- Enjoy the easy miles!

Angela- Hope the warm weather comes through for you!

Sparker- Enjoy the lunch run!

April- 41 and rainy is about standard here.  Not too bad to run in once you get warmed up.

Kay- I must have missed it- are you injured?

D- Hope you have a great race weekend!

Heidi- What a nice thing for your mom to do!  Hope you have a great run!

Lily- I must admit that my daughter has never eaten at McDonalds.  She might be the only kid in America.

C0de- Enjoy the easy miles!

@runjerseygirl

Z - I hate to use the word injured.  I feel like there are so many more serious injuries floating around B&B, and I hate to lump myself in with the people who are dealing with bigger issues.  Their road to recovery is much longer.

Mine is more of a pain in the ass foot.  Went to the ortho, got xrays, no SFx that he could see (although no MRI, so not 100% sure).  He thinks I might have just tweaked a ligament or tendon in my foot.  I'm not really sure what the deal is, but I have a follow up with my ortho next Tuesday.  We'll see.

In the meantime, I've probably been pushing myself way too hard with spinning and other workouts (pilates, yoga, kettle bell at home), and my body went on strike yesterday.  Quads started cramping something fierce during spin class about 15 minutes in.  So I'm going to take today and tomorrow off.  I feel like rest days are harder than non-rest days.  Ugh.

Do you even run?

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Heidi are you from Wisconsin? Where? I went on a trip to WI this summer to see a friend who was from there originally, moved to NYC where I met her, then moved back out there.I loved it! Cheese curds and beer brats mmmmmmm. Oh and what was the beer we liked....Spotted Cow I think? She lives in Janesville and works in Madison, I spent time in both places and then did 2 days on Chicago. Was a great trip!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Jess runs for bacon

Good morning everyone!

Didn't do my workout last night, I was wiped and opted for a half a bottle of wine instead. It was nice Smile So I'll be doing that tonight (ITB rehab and myu SLim in 6 DVD). I'm supposed to go on a group run tomorrow, but my knee is still achy. I have been able to run but it really hurts by the time I am done, so I think I'll join the group on the bike instead.

Zelanie

Kay- Hope for good news on your follow up!

Ball of Fury

Good morning Dailies!  We are packing up the car and heading out soon so just wanted to stop in and say hi!  I am not sure if I will be able to post a race update until we get home (1/18) because my I-phone doesn't let me post, but I will update you all when I get back!  Have a good week of training!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Ball of Fury

Good morning Dailies!  We are packing up the car and heading out soon so just wanted to stop in and say hi!  I am not sure if I will be able to post a race update until we get home (1/18) because my I-phone doesn't let me post, but I will update you all when I get back!  Have a good week of training!

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Good Morning Dailies!

Just checking in. Still on the bench with a doctors appointment coming up on 1/15. Keeping myself busy with the bike trainer, weight machines at the gym, myrtl and other assorted body weight exercises at home, and karaoke.

Basaya - sometimes on the leg machines I will do single leg exercises to compensate for unforeseen muscle imbalances. Also, I can name the song for today's thread title in 3 letters!

My phones auto correct is driving me crazy this morning.

Hope everyone is running, healing, or resting well.

Abiento!

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Ball of Fury

But evidently my computer lets me post twice!

Docket_Rocket

You did well, because the weather is going to be hell.  I just ran 4 miles and it's brutal out there and I won't even be at Mile 15 at this hour.

Good luck!  Jealous.  Hopefully next year.  Wife was actually disappointed I didn't do it this year, but I just couldn't due to work priorities. 

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

That's your excitement showing!  See you there!

But evidently my computer lets me post twice!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page