Beginners and Beyond

The Sun, the Moon, the Stars All Bear the Seal of FRIDAILIES (Read 219 times)

Just B.S.

10 miles for me today!

I posted late last night but i"m so excited this bears repeating. I was at coached swimming last night for only the

3rd time. It was a coach I hadn't met before and I told him I was just getting back at swimming again after

really many many years away. Halfway thru the workout he asked me if I had ever been a  competitive swimmer.

That made my week!! Watch out 50+ triathlon age groupers, this girl is going to kick butt this summer!!

Happy FRIDAY!  I was up at four o'clock this morning to drop DW off at the airport.  It's worth it though for THREE DAYS OF FREEDOM!  Big grin

Phil, you seem awfully happy about this. Doesn't your wife post here?LOL

D.R, have fun at Disney.

Lilac, I hope you are going to be OK for Disney!!

Baysa, flarunner, vegan, Kay, sparker, Gustav,  april, code, Scotty,  and everyone elseenjoy your day!

Runmomma, your Momma is very nice!!

Ami, best of luck on your marathon!

Have a good one dailies!

@runjerseygirl

That was my first thought, LOL!  Watch out, Phil.  She just purchased Gogo Inflight.  She's probably reading this right now. Smile

Do you even run?

Robert31320

Team TJ

4.5 miles done rather early this morning.

Running for TJ because he can't.

delicate flower

Big grin

I would imagine her response will be "Just clean the damn dog pen.  And have fun working."

<3

StepbyStep-SH

Morning, all! And good luck to the Disney dynamos headed for their races this weekend!

I will try for 5-6 miles today after taking a snack to DS's class at school (blackberries and strawberries - a nice change to the cookies/crackers they get every day). I'm looking forward to the temps in the 40s today, but I know that things will still be wet when the temps drop this weekend, which equals ice.

Marathon training is supposed to officially start Monday, but I'll be putting what I learned from Hudson's book about "adaptive training" to the test right from the start, since my last two weeks have been off with being sick.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Jess runs for bacon

10 miles for me today!

I posted late last night but i"m so excited this bears repeating. I was at coached swimming last night for only the

3rd time. It was a coach I hadn't met before and I told him I was just getting back at swimming again after

really many many years away. Halfway thru the workout he asked me if I had ever been a  competitive swimmer.

That made my week!! Watch out 50+ triathlon age groupers, this girl is going to kick butt this summer!!

D.R, have fun at Disney.

Lilac, I hope you are going to be OK for Disney!!

Baysa, flarunner, vegan, Kay, sparker, Gustav,  april, code, Scotty,  and everyone elseenjoy your day!

Runmomma, your Momma is very nice!!

Ami, best of luck on your marathon!

Have a good one dailies!

I better be!!

YAYpril - B-Plus

Beth, I bet that was a great confidence-booster! Smile

Jess, hope to see you tomorrow even if it's just on your bike. I don't know if Dave is planning on trying to run or not... if not, he'll definitely be there with his bike too.

I'm trying to convince my husband that it's a good idea for me to run a half marathon on our actual anniversary in our favorite NJ beach town, Ocean City. He would get a beach vacation out of it! Is it a bad idea for me to run a HM 3 weeks after my FIRST marathon? It's at the end of September, so I have time to think about it.

Hi guys.  I was planning to run 4 miles this morning, but it's looking like a run isn't going to happen today.  DH ended up leaving at 4 a.m. to fly to Calgary to see a friend/main character in his documentary who is dying of cancer.  About a week and a half ago the doctors estimated that she has 2 months to live, it's now looking like she may not last the rest of this week.  It's all very sad and bizarre- DH first met her a year ago tomorrow, when he was on his first trip out for filming.  At the time, she was in remission and doing well.

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

Vegan Ang

Formerly sdnyc99

Good luck to all our Disney runners!  How did I somehow miss that it's this weekend?

Hope the weather isn't as bad as expected. Undecided  Can't wait to read race reports!

Angela 

Vegan Ang

Formerly sdnyc99

Big grin

I would imagine her response will be "Just clean the damn dog pen.  And have fun working."

Joking  I ditch my husband constantly, to fly back to California & visit family.  The past two summers we were apart for over a month.  I'm sure he also dances around the house celebrating his "freedom" when I leave - haha!

It's okay though, we love each other even more from afar, and then we appreciate each other way more when we're back together.

What's not fair, though, is that he never goes anywhere so I never get the house to myself.  Hmph!  I need to find him some hobbies in other states.

Angela 

I just e-mailed someone on Craigslist who has a treadmill for sale in the next town over.  They're asking $85 for it.  I realize I'd likely be getting out of it what I paid for it but I don't have it in the budget to spend more than that right now, and I'm desperate.  As long as the thing works at all, I'll be happy.  How nice it would be to not have my running schedule dictated by DH's travel!  (Last year he was away 3 months out of the year.  That's a lot of runs that got missed/had to find a babysitter/ran in circles around my backyard!)

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Afternoon, Dailies, and happy Friday!

It's a little busy in here today.

Best of luck to all the racers this weekend - run fast and tall!

Paul, enjoy your weekend, don't stress your knee, and get something nice done to suprise the wife!

Me, looking at 3-4 miles today, hopefully outside. Just a very easy run this time around. I want to attack the hills tomorrow and I want relatively fresh legs for that.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

buchy2009

Bjørnmannen

Planned rest day today.  Last night I had an easy 3 but felt good so I tacked on an extra mile.  Was able to keep my pace slow, which is something I've been a little too impatient to work on lately.

Just B.S. - enjoy your 10 miler!

Robert - I hope your 4.5 miler went well!

Stepbystep - Have fun with your 5-6! ooo starting new a training plan is always super exciting!

April - that is how my girlfriend got me into running.... a 1/2 marathon in New Orleans.  Good luck with the pitch!

Kristin - i'm sorry about the news.  I hope that she pushes through so you all have some more time with her.  And, yes, that must be tough juggling running with family and everything.  I feel like it is tough enough to get runs in without any kids! Good luck with the treadmill search.

B-Plus

It was 26 when I woke up. That's about as cold as it gets around here.

I skipped the morning run again to allow myself to recover. I'm think the funkiness in my calf is almost gone. I'll hit up 7 miles afterwork.

LRB

Supp!

Hi, Flo!

Beth, you are one Mother swimmer!

X is in the house!  

KPS, rest days are to be smiled upon.

Scotty, I feel you on having to change a planned route.

April, I like that plan!

Spark, that same weather is heading here!

Lilac, wine cures all.  Fact!

Kristin, that is bizarre, and sad.

Rob, Buchy,Tom, Angela, Boon, Shari, Baysa, Kristin w/numbers, Julie, D, Code, Zel, Ami, B-Plus and Gus keep it loose!

Me, I went to a core/palates class last night and ate rump roast, mine!  The chick who ran it was an animal, I was quite impressed.

That is some tough stuff, but despite not ever doing it, I handled it pretty well.  I slept really good last night and as a result, I'll be looking to add some of the core stuff to my arsenal' this summer.  It certainly cannot hurt.