Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #128 (Read 29 times)

Docket_Rocket

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Off, got little buzzes in right foot & ankle, future I’ll tape foot when running dirt... tomorrow paved surfaces.

sdWhiskers

6 miles. It's going to be hot again today (>80) so very glad to get out there early.

onemile

6 miles. It's going to be hot again today (>80) so very glad to get out there early.

What happened to your perfect weather?

Half Crazy K 2.0

6.6 miles.

sdWhiskers

What happened to your perfect weather?

Some would argue that is perfect weather, for non-running activities at least.

We're back in the 70s on Saturday.

Cyberic

onemile

My Sept 20th half marathon was canceled. 

(I didn't actually register for it)

Runshortii

My Sept 20th half marathon was canceled. 

(I didn't actually register for it)

Damn. Which was that, fox cities? I’m not surprised at the cancellation but surprised it was so early...

I slogged through 5

onemile

Damn. Which was that, fox cities? I’m not surprised at the cancellation but surprised it was so early...

Yes and exactly.

Docket_Rocket

Boo, onemile.

So, yesterday, I was coughing my whole run, more than normal I should say lol, and I looked at the weather forecast and the only thing around us was tree pollen (which was high). I still can't get an appointment with the allergy center but I think I have found what I'm allergic to here (assuming I'm also not allergic to grass pollen and ragweed too, ha).

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

Onemile, that sucks your race was cancelled.

It's maybe 60 degrees today. Yet our county councilman had to tell people no swimming in what is basically a drainage ditch along my running route. WTF is wrong with people?

Onemile, that sucks your race was cancelled.

It's maybe 60 degrees today. Yet our county councilman had to tell people no swimming in what is basically a drainage ditch along my running route. WTF is wrong with people?

Swimming or doing clean up?

sunday I saw a mom and two teen girls in bathing suits wading in Accotink creek, my first thought was WTF??!!, the. It dawned on me it was Sunday and they we volunteers doing cleanup.

Agreed. Wow. 

The parks for our county have now re-opened. A bunch of warnings about social distancing, large gatherings, sanitizing, etc. Play structures are still considered closed. Not sure about restrooms, that will be a key milestone from a running standpoint. And I saw people using the tennis courts at the HS; also people at the track but the gates are still locked so I have no idea how they got in. 

12 miles

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I think today is going to be another RD.

I've got a 10k race on May 25th, they've limited registration to 100 and I've already registered... looks like 10ks are the only distance in the near future for me... though I hope I can add 15ks and half marathons.

the Peace Run & Harmony  had finally posted the rescheduled 10k race that would've been this Saturday, now scheduled November 7th. I hadn't originally registered because it WAS on the same day of another 10k I had registered for (now canceled), so I went ahead and registered for it.

I'm looking into inline skating as a cross-training cardio exercise, I've still got my skates and I do love it.

Or I'll buy a new "mountain" bike and try to hit trails on it more often.

We shall see...

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)