Beginners and Beyond

World traveler Wednesday Penguins (Read 10 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

Actually, I'm not much of a world traveler.  I've spent a day or so in Canada, and in grad school I went to Italy with my mother for a week.  But that's pretty much it.  My folks are planning a trip to Iceland in August, provided my mother's hip allows.  She's contemplating whether it would just be better to get it replaced.

Quartet rehearsal tonight!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  PT this morning and she worked me hard.  Lower body weights at 100lbs and working well for my knee. Massage on the hamstring and ITB, FFS, ouch.  Those areas have taken a beating ever since the tear.

Hope, ooh, we are going to Iceland in August as well. For the marathon.  Hoping you can make it!

Ginny, yes, I'm biking every other day and walking every other day.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

I would love to go to Iceland. I have a couple of friends who are travel writers who went there with a society of travel writers and they got to tour everywhere.  Just reading about all the natural beauty made me yearn for it.  I have done other international travels, when I was much younger, mostly Europe but also Senegal and Mexico and, more recently, all over Canada. I love to travel.

I have 5 or 6 later.  It's gray and gloomy, but dry at the moment. Today is supposed to get up to almost 60; tomorrow the high is 30 with snow. Weird.

D - sounds like a good PT session.

HM - enjoy your rehearsal tonight.

PADRunner

I was born in Berlin in 61 right after the wall went up. My son and I went back for my 50th Birthday and 50th anniversary of the wall. We hit London and Paris on the trip. I liked Berlin the best of the 3.

I tried a couple of miles on the TM and did OK. It's not a specific pain in my knee just more of an ache. I'll hit the trails tonight with the group for either 3 or 8.