Beginners and Beyond

If you could only run one more race (Read 334 times)

Better I Leave

Catalina EcoMarathon

Wow..That really caught my attention. We have friends that live in Avalon. Hmmm. Smile

xor

There are two different marathons on Catalina Island and an ultra and they are all kick ass.  Big thumbs up.

racecat

Goddess of the Cuisine

Can't think of one.

In transit, arriving on time. 

RSX

The only one on my bucket list is Marathon by the Sea in Saint John, New Brunswick (mom's hometown) which I hope to do in August.

Just B.S.

The only one on my bucket list is Marathon by the Sea in Saint John, New Brunswick (mom's hometown) which I hope to do in August.

Yup! That's a good one!!  If you come we will definitely meet!

Remember to incorporate a LOT of hills into your training!Smile

The Peachtree Road Race in Atlanta with the caveat that my son Matt runs it with me.

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

Better I Leave

There are two different marathons on Catalina Island and an ultra and they are all kick ass.  Big thumbs up.

Noticed that. I see one in March, but I'm committed to Davis in Feb and Oakland in March. Besides, I think I'm still too "green" to even attempt a full marathon. The 10K might be fun though come next November.

Will run for scenery.

For me it would definitely be the Imogene Pass Run, 17 miles from Ouray, CO to Telluride.  I just couldn't get over how gorgeous the scenery was, every step of the way.  It's the only run where I felt a little sad when it was over.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Coastal

When pondering the popular question hardrock or western... I'm still down with western because I think I have an honest chance of finishing.  I don't think I'd be able to finish hardrock.  But damn it is pretty.

For me it is hard rock over western.  Just have never been able to get into listening to western.

Oops.  Sorry....  Evil

Back to the regular thread.

RSX

Yup! That's a good one!!  If you come we will definitely meet!

Remember to incorporate a LOT of hills into your training!Smile

Last time I was there I actually drove parts of it to check out the hills, and I think you mentioned the course has changed since then also. A non-runner told me that it was a hilly course as well. My long runs are usually the hills on the Boston course so hopefully that helps. I'm not looking for a PR up there though. 1 reason I put it off is that I had a Falmouth connection for years, which is usually the same day.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

When pondering the popular question hardrock or western... I'm still down with western because I think I have an honest chance of finishing.  I don't think I'd be able to finish hardrock.  But damn it is pretty.

I don't know if I could finish either, but damn I would have a good time trying.

Running is dumb.

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

Big Sur or maybe Edinburgh

Goorun

Olympic marathon, but that will never happened. 

I have never ran Boston even I BQed in the every single marathon I finished (26 finished + one DNF where I would BQ easy if that was a goal) so Boston would probably be my choice. I'm registered for this year, have airline tickets, hotel booked, I just hope it's not my last race. Big grin

Slow and steady never wins anything.

No more marathons

Nice choices.

Yeah, Boston is on my list, just because, well, it's Boston.  I did get my BQ this year so my plan is to go in 2014.

The "destination" events were more what I was looking for.  Don't know if I'll really do any, but it's nice to dream.  I did Quebec last year and was wondering about such places as London, Paris, Munich.  Now Big Sur, Vienna (that one really caught my attention (thanks lily), and Edinburgh.

Anything beyond a marathon is out - I know my limits, and as interesting as the Imogene Pass Run sounds, that 7,300 feet elevation gain in 10 miles would not make my list of things possible.

Now, peachtree is near, and I've considered that one - but 40K or more folks in a ten K - I donno.  And The 5th Avenue Mile in NYC, do they have a Phat Old Man category?  Might have to look into that.

Keep em comming.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

If I had to run only one more race, it would be the Jerusalem Marathon, which I'll run this March. After that, the Athens Classic.