Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES (Read 44 times)

LRB

Good morning,

Today's run was brought to you by the words blah and whatever. It was 32 degrees so that was nice, but otherwise, splat.

I could probably use a break from this stupid sport, but wait, I have a half marathon next weekend.

delicate flower

Hello Friday people!  Early swim completed.  2200 yards.  I am getting faster, which is kind of cool.  I swear if DW didn't have to keep getting up early for various reasons, I'd be doing half the number of swims.  When she gets up early, I get up early.  Got a short jog to do later today, going easy with a race Sunday.

<3

Cyberic

Hello Friday people!  Early swim completed.  2200 yards.  I am getting faster, which is kind of cool.  

I have very few Strava friends, but there is one at work who is a triathlete. i usually just check her runs, but now she's injured and this morning I checked her swim. She swam 2500m in 42 minutes, for a pace of 1:41/100m. That seems fast to me. Is it?

Of course I go faster than that in water, but towards the bottom 

bluerun

Super B****

Good morning,

Today's run was brought to you by the words blah and whatever. It was 32 degrees so that was nice, but otherwise, splat.

I could probably use a break from this stupid sport, but wait, I have a half marathon next weekend.

I should be so lucky!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

bluerun

Super B****

4.7, meant to test Gatorade at GMP, except it ended up being faster.  And that new HRM-Run strap cannot get here soon enough.  This is ridiculous.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Cyberic

I will run today, at lunch. It will make for a 7 day of running week, but with low mileage because of 4 35 minutes lunch runs. I don't feel like my body is screaming for a rest day, as is the case when I'm training for a marathon.

Cyberic

I have a half marathon next weekend.

We'll be here to cheer for you.

Docket_Rocket

We'll be here to cheer for you.

I'll be THERE way behind him.

Morning!  I have 10 miles tonight.  Woke up with a sinus headache so yay me.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

8 w/8x100m strides

WORLD SERIES AT WRIGLEY FIELD TONIGHT!!

Dave

delicate flower

I have very few Strava friends, but there is one at work who is a triathlete. i usually just check her runs, but now she's injured and this morning I checked her swim. She swam 2500m in 42 minutes, for a pace of 1:41/100m. That seems fast to me. Is it?

Of course I go faster than that in water, but towards the bottom 

Yes, that is fast.  That pace would put her Ironman swim at 1:00, which would be near the front of the pack.  It took me 1:30.  I aspire to be able to do 1:10-1:15 some day.

<3

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

Zilch for me.

Have a kickass day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

LRB

I should be so lucky!

It could be an ultra. 

LRB

I will run today, at lunch. It will make for a 7 day of running week, but with low mileage because of 4 35 minutes lunch runs. I don't feel like my body is screaming for a rest day, as is the case when I'm training for a marathon.

Yeah it's the same for me when I run daily, no biggie at all.

LRB

8 w/8x100m strides

WORLD SERIES AT WRIGLEY FIELD TONIGHT!!

I imagine ticket availability is nonexistent?

LRB

4.7, meant to test Gatorade at GMP, except it ended up being faster.  And that new HRM-Run strap cannot get here soon enough.  This is ridiculous.

I thought you ordered that for next day delivery?