Beginners and Beyond

Wet weekend Penguins (Read 18 times)

GinnyinPA

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

GinnyinPA

I can't believe nobody started the thread yet, but here we go.

It's supposed to rain in a few minutes, which was nowhere in the forecast.  I need to do 7 or 8 this afternoon, and since the TM is still out of commission until we finish reorganizing the basement, it looks like I'll get wet.

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  I have another RD.  Woke up asthma congested, so it is good I'm not running.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Hopefully some miles with hubby later. Today I'm super congested and have a sinus headache. I'm hoping for the drugs to work their magic because all the netipotting in the world hasn't fixed this.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

PADRunner

Ran the Ditto Dash 5k this morning. I got 3rd in AG with a 30:02. On this course I was really surprised.

Sly was the Sadistic RD for the race and did a great job.

Sly's handy work. The statues were for overalls and the hats were for AGs 1-3.

My swag & hat!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Congrats PAD !!!

Don't get too wet, Ginny.

Get better, DR and sapf.

4 "fast" windy miles for us.  Going into the city for BBQ tonight with the girls and DSIL.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Yeah PAD!!

9 miles for me. 6 were easy pace and the last three were a progression to HM pace and faster. 8:14 avg pace. I finished the run with a nice bacon and egg burrito. Good stuff.

hog4life

Pad, congrats! And hats off to Sly for doing a good job.

Rain, rain, and more rain. It rained for the entire 5 hours that I was running this morning. It was on the trail up where my 50k is in two weeks, and It netted me 23.5 miles.

GinnyinPA

PAD - congratulations on the AG placement.  Fun to have different awards.  Was it a hilly course?

Damaris and Jill - I hope you're both feeling better.  Hot tea or hot soup maybe?

Jerry - nice job on the fast miles.

Jack - good job on the progression run.  Are you starting to feel like you're getting back to where you were before your injury?

Mitch - good job on the wet long run.  Come race day, you'll be more than ready.  And if the sun is shining, the course will feel easy.

Rain held off (or they lied again) so though it was a it chilly, I enjoyed my 7.3 marathon pace miles.  I ran in town and had to watch out for the sidewalks buried under unswept leaves.  It's hard to see the cracks and lumps.

From the Internet.

Hi pens!

6 hour race tomorrow, excited! Big grin Carb-loading with pizza for dinner, packing up all my stuff after that. I plan to at least get a good long run out of it, and then try to stay moving (walking) for the rest of the 6 hours.

PADRunner

PAD - congratulations on the AG placement.  Fun to have different awards.  Was it a hilly course?

For our area it was a hilly course. All the awards were hand made by Sly.

GinnyinPA

Lauren - good luck tomorrow.  Is this something you've been planning for a while, or did you just decide to do it recently?  We have a 6/12/24 hour race in our area.  I did a 5k that was associated with it a few years ago. It's a different kind of racing, since you have to think so much in the long term.

hog4life

Lauren and Ginny, we have a race like that here too. It's a 12 hour run with a 40/50 mile, or 6 hour option. You can also have teams of 2, 3, or 4. Some of the numbers they put up are crazy! I've had my eye on it for several years, maybe in 2016.

I'm feeling a bit sore this morning, especially after I fell on my tush.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Good luck today Lauren.

Probably nonrunning for me today - sinuses are still a little pissed and I have work later today. I don't usually meet with students on Sunday but when my regulars have exams on Mondays I feel compelled to meet with them.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

PADRunner

20 done ESU to come.

Good lick Lauren and have fun.