Beginners and Beyond

Ommmm Wednesday Penguins (Read 16 times)

PADRunner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Musical Yoga Day!

PADRunner

6.3 this morning. Cooler but still humid.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Morning, PAD and Pengs.

Short run after work and a haircut.

Happy National Dog Day !!!  

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Ended up not running yesterday and having a nice meal with Marjorie.  I have my tempo run tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  After a frustrating day in the lab yesterday, I needed a bit of soul-ease last night.  I did not run (DH was beat), I did not bike (which at this point is more terror than fun), instead I curled up on the couch and read for 2.5 hours, which was awesome!!  Quartet rehearsal tonight -- our first in a couple of weeks, what with travel.  Woo-hoo!!

PAD -- Hang in there, it's going to get cooler still!!

Jerryb -- enjoy your run and haircut!!

Docket -- have a good tempo run, glad dinner was fun!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Brilliant

Good morning Penguins!

PAD, nice 6.

Jerry, hope the haircut is great.

Damaris - pics?

HopesMom, did you read something good?

AFM - just walked the dog and it's already muggy out.   I was going to run 8-9 tempo but now I think I'll do 5-6 easy instead.  This heat wave will last through the weekend, at least...close to 100 every day, grrr.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Morning Pens!

I'm still doing battle with the coffee withdrawal headache.  I'm hoping to run some easy miles tonight.  I'll see how that goes and then figure out how to get back on and/or modify my training plan.  To be determined.

Zel - with the caffeine thing - how do you do fueling for LRs?  All of my shotbloks have caffeine.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Zelanie

Hi pens.  I didn't run last night because I was tired when we got in.  Now I no longer have that excuse for the other days.

Today I am working and then heading to the track.

sapf- I haven't been in a real training cycle since I've been off caffeine, so I haven't used fuel.  I am thinking I will use the lemon-line GUs, which don't have caffeine.  I'm also planning to try the salted caramel.  They do have 20 mg, but maybe since I'm not having caffeine in the rest of my day, that much I could handle.  Also, I had just bought a box of them when I stopped caffeine.  

Docket_Rocket

As usual, when Marjorie and I meet, we forget to take pics.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

From the Internet.

Just weights this morning, partially due to time constraints and partially because I'm so damn sick of cross-training. It's getting harder and harder to force myself into the pool :/ Have 90+ minutes planned tomorrow, though. Walking on the track during my club's practice tonight.

Toe has been bugging me a little bit - I don't know if it's part of the healing process, like nerve damage being repaired (I had a big numb spot on the bottom of my toe after I broke it) or scar tissue breaking up, or if I need to back way off again. I can't elicit pain when I poke at it, I'm walking normally without pain still, it's just sore at random times during the day. At rest or moving doesn't seem to have any effect either way. Suppose I'll call my podiatrist today or tomorrow and see if I should follow up with another x-ray next week.

Singer who runs a smidge

Is the weather changing?  I have a weather ache from a toe I broke about 18 years ago.  Which means I'm getting old ... 

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Brilliant

7 done; it wasn't too hot yet.  And that puts me over 100 for the month already!  That hasn't happened since May.

Docket_Rocket

Is the weather changing?  I have a weather ache from a toe I broke about 18 years ago.  Which means I'm getting old ... 

Everywhere but here.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

Well, really I was asking about the weather in the vicinity of Lauren's toe! 

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

DW asks how far are we running and when I say to the bridge, she mistakenly thinks that means not going over the bridge.

6 Run with maybe 1/4 mile walking.  We did not walk the bridge.