Beginners and Beyond

The Equalizer 6, 12, and 24 hour Endurance Runs Oct 26- Crazies and crew needed and welcomed! (Read 182 times)

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

A bunch of us did this event in 2012 and had a blast!  I know two of us (myself and Runny_babbit) have already put it on our calendars for this fall.   You'd think running/jogging/wogging/walking a 1.9 mile loop around a lake in a Des Moines city park would get boring, but it totally doesn't!  I know I had a blast, even when I wasn't having fun from a running perspective.

The RD is great, and he puts on a good event. However, I feel the key to something like this is the company and support of people you know either IRL or via RWOL/running ahead. Seriously. Don't underestimate what having someone to talk to can do for you in an event like this.

Even if you aren't interested in running, consider coming along as crew support. Madison Mandy and guest's sister were awesome at our camp and made coffee and pizza runs for us!Big grin  Still the best cup of coffee I've ever had, Mandy!

So. How about it?  Who's in?!?

Relentless forward progress

StepbyStep-SH

I won't know until later this year, and if I do it, it might just be the 6 or 12 this time (I can't handle the pressure of those who say I should go for 100 in the 24!).

But I definitely agree that it is a blast! Maybe I'll come crew - though I don't think I can match Mandy and Suzi's talents, I can push food and drink at people.

Oh, and BTW, that picture (<---) is from the 2012 event. See how much fun it is? Big grin

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Runny_babbit

hop, hop, hop...

I'm already planning! I understand why I dropped when I did and it's not going to happen again! My kids would also like to come this year. My daughter might do the 6 hour, but they're both interested in helping crew.

MM #8764 / HF #6535 / Double Agent #668

PRs: 5K - 27:43, 10K - 57:14, HM - 2:06:18, FM - 5:22:42

~How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were supposed to be?~

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

I'm already planning! I understand why I dropped when I did and it's not going to happen again! My kids would also like to come this year. My daughter might do the 6 hour, but they're both interested in helping crew.

Wahooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad to hear that some of you want to try again!

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Bump.

Come on guys and gals!  The more the merrier!  All aboard the crazy train!!

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

It was indeed a good time Smile  A great time, actually, until around 3am when our aid station froze.  LOL.

I had a blast getting to know everyone and being crew captain.  I think Dian was ready to kill me toward the end though.

Running is dumb.

StepbyStep-SH

It was indeed a good time Smile  A great time, actually, until around 3am when our aid station froze.  LOL.

I had a blast getting to know everyone and being crew captain.  I think Dian was ready to kill me toward the end though.

Dian may have been ready to kill you, but I was loving you at the end of my race! Queen of hot drinks! Who also drives for weary, sore runners on the way home.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

RabbitChaser

It was a blast in 2012, even while hobbling for 10 hours. LOL I'll probably sign up for it again, but maybe just the 12 hour option. It all depends on how my recovery goes when I am given the clearance to run.

ETA: The crew support was awesome in 2012 and I wouldn't have made my goal without them!

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Wahoo!  I hope you can make it again this year, Eric. You must bring the cookies!!!!

Runny_babbit

hop, hop, hop...

YES! Those cookies were unbelievable!

Wahoo!  I hope you can make it again this year, Eric. You must bring the cookies!!!!

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

If you guys are looking to try a different 24 hour race then I present to you 24 HOURS AT SUNSET

http://www.nwiraces.com/

Cost is reasonable @ $40/person or $350 for a 10 person relay.

For the 2012 race the male individual winner went 102.3 miles, female indivual went 52.7 miles.  Overall team winner went 182.9 miles

Runny_babbit

hop, hop, hop...

If you guys are looking to try a different 24 hour race then I present to you 24 HOURS AT SUNSET

http://www.nwiraces.com/

Cost is reasonable @ $40/person or $350 for a 10 person relay.

For the 2012 race the male individual winner went 102.3 miles, female indivual went 52.7 miles.  Overall team winner went 182.9 miles

Oh, I like this one! it's close, it's on my birthday, and it wouldn't be only twenty degrees overnight! (plus, based on last year's results I could have been the individual female winner!)

EDIT: My daughter and I just signed up!

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

That's way too close to my first marathon, but maybe next year.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

That's way too close to my first marathon, but maybe next year.

2014 may be a year when I could do this. I would want to share this Adventure with my older sister and she is doing her 1st 50 miler this June. I may run this by my sister and my wife and see what they think.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas